The Billy Boys

djbroxybear

Would every single Bear all over the world love to see this song being sung loud again at ibrox.

I understand the topic was Brought up at the AGM ?

Just wondering what was said regarding it ? And if you think it would be possible to bring this song back...

WE ARE THE PEOPLE

:crabflute:

What was said at the AGM about it?

He also declared his intention to continue to crack down on sectarian singing by some supporters. He told the meeting: “I must inform you as shareholders that in recent weeks there is concern being expressed by a number of supporters’ groups – all credit to them for taking the initiative – who believe we need to take note of an increase in inappropriate singing at some away matches this season. The club shares that concern.

“The great strides made in fan behaviour in recent years must not be jeopardised. Those who do so only let the side down and themselves.”

Edit - Taken from here.

When was the last time you heard any of them from Celtic Park come out at an AGM of all places and condemn fans for "sectarian singing"

I'm actually furious about this, after all the good work Bain has been doing recently.

Who needs the tims to moan when it's some of 'our own' eh.

Watch your backs lads.

When was the last time you heard any of them from Celtic Park come out at an AGM of all places and condemn fans for "sectarian singing"

I'm actually furious about this, after all the good work Bain has been doing recently.

they have in the past they have also written to their fans to warn them.

What good work would this be, the blind leading the blind. :sherlock:

Who needs the tims to moan when it's some of 'our own' eh.

Watch your backs lads.

The septic fans sing songs about the " I ran away " every game and argue they are singing in support of soldiers WHO FOUGHT FOR AN INDEPENDANT IRELAND. That arguement seems to be acceptable in the scottish culture..

If we say "Up to your knees in Fenian blood" then it is interpreted against catholics of irish descent. Technically it has the same meaning as above, the fenian brotherhood who were the ones who wanted - and who fought for an independant ireland.

No one moaning about sectarianism of septic fans what they sing..

In the long run it doesn't matter what UEFA, the spl or the SFA do about it if the club don't want and are confirming they will deal with it then is it worth losing your ticket over.

To some it must be...

To be fair no-one's said The Billy Boys is one of the songs they mean.

They could be talking about No Pope Of Rome, which even though I don't mind, is literally 100 times more sectarian than Billy Boys.

My problem is Martin Bain's "furthermore" type speech about the fans choice of songs, is while Celtic may take action against people jailed for offensive singing, I've never heard of them saying it in that manner as a little side-noted dig/warning to the fans.

The septic fans sing songs about the " I ran away " every game and argue they are singing in support of soldiers WHO FOUGHT FOR AN INDEPENDANT IRELAND. That arguement seems to be acceptable in the scottish culture..

If we say "Up to your knees in Fenian blood" then it is interpreted against catholics of irish descent. Technically it has the same meaning as above, the fenian brotherhood who were the ones who wanted - and who fought for an independant ireland.

No one moaning about sectarianism of septic fans what they sing..

You're wasting your time mate the answer the mopes will give to that is that we get our own house in order and ignore what they do.

I'm all for both sets of fans singing what they like but while they still get away with their songs so should we,fairs fair and all that.

To be fair no-one's said The Billy Boys is one of the songs they mean.

They could be talking about No Pope Of Rome, which even though I don't mind, is literally 100 times more sectarian than Billy Boys.

My problem is Martin Bain's "furthermore" type speech about the fans choice of songs, is while Celtic may take action against people jailed for offensive singing, I've never heard of them saying it in that manner as a little side-noted dig/warning to the fans.

Apart from when the chairman of the day told everyone the song was banned. They don't want the billy boys sung, people need to get over it.

This stupid debate about a song has gone on so long that the vast majority of people have stopped caring, myself included. People should just sing what they want, i'm sure you will all be man enough to take the consequences if ,or when, they come.....

Who cares what celtic say or how they say it.

Apart from when the chairman of the day told everyone the song was banned. They don't want the billy boys sung, people need to get over it.

This stupid debate about a song has gone on so long that the vast majority of people have stopped caring, myself included. People should just sing what they want, i'm sure you will all be man enough to take the consequences if ,or when, they come.....

Who cares what celtic say or how they say it.

I've stoped caring what you think. I realised after my second week you just enjoy going against the grain on here for the sake of an arguement. It might be a touch of attention seeking too.

I don't know why I reply to you, I almost feel compelled to. Your a very bitter little man. Probably sit in dark rooms on a bed with a laptop.