Foster tonight at left back

He should be dropped for Sunday, we don't need to play 5 at the back against that mob.

We don't I agree. But with McCulloch being out I can see this being deployed against Bheggars.

On another night we couldn't taken 6-7 off them.

Shows how the formation works.

Has Walter reinvented and rejuvenated the 5/3/2 - 3/5/2?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought he did himself proud tonight. Looks a very smart player, and I'm more than happy to have him aboard. Unlucky with the miss but it's really easy for us armchair pundits to take so called "sitters" for granted when we're not actually down on the field playing; bad tilt of the foot or shoogly balance and ooft - heid in the hands time.

Thought he did himself proud tonight. Looks a very smart player, and I'm more than happy to have him aboard. Unlucky with the miss but it's really easy for us armchair pundits to take so called "sitters" for granted when we're not actually down on the field playing; bad tilt of the foot or shoogly balance and ooft - heid in the hands time.

He did say in his interview he was off balance a little bit

I've shat myself in situations like that in school cup finals and made a mess of it

Champions League is obviously a bigger kettle of fish :pipe:

Foster can hold his head up high after his performance tonight, even although he should have slotted that chance and that he had to come back from a difficult start to his game, where the nerves were shown quite clearly.

As a coach, I've never been a big fan of Whittaker as a fullback and probably never will, so I can see Foster getting a chance to fill a position for us if he continues to play like he did against Valencia.

Good luck to the lad. :clap:

OK - maybe Foster missed a so called sitter - but that happened to kenny miller and stevie naismith in the first half, too.

he looked a little bit nervous at the start - that's what you expect in a champions league football game against valencia. for his first game in a gers-shirt this was an excellent performance. linked up perfectly with the runs of bougherra, never blasted the ball out of defence. respect!

PS: Man of the Match - Sasa Papac

He definitely worried Valencia every time he was pelting up that wing they were trying to take him out the game, how they didn't get booked for the one on the halfway line I'll never know.

EDIT: Anyone else notice at the start no-one would pass to him but as the game went on he seemed to get the ball more and more.

I remember nearly blowing my top the amount of times that Boogie could have played it down the wing to Foster but just playing it in to trouble in the middle.

Very impressive showing, he did break into the Aberdeen team as a 'fast striker' I recall and so should have done better with htis chance wit hall the 'a defenders finish' :P