That was one of the best European performances I've seen....

papaguy51

Not ridiculous at all mate, Valencia couldn't have complained if we'd won that by three or four clear goals.

As for Miller - Naismith is getting off light, he had two easy chances as well, but no-one should be getting criticised tonight.

In a way, that's true.

Miller missed an absolute sitter but also played a fucking wonder ball for Naismith to do the exact same, so it evens itself out. Still, Miller especially should've put that rebound in the net. Come Sunday, or last Saturday, and the exact same play happened he'd have been running away celebrating. His bottle went.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what we're here for mate :)

;)

Parma, Lyon, Fiorentina........

(tu)

I thought it was a very strange game, we created so many chances. Totally bizarre. I dont think we played that well, we didnt have to be that good to create the chances we got. They were very slack and we had 3 or 4 players on the top of their game.

Not ridiculous at all mate, Valencia couldn't have complained if we'd won that by three or four clear goals.

As for Miller - Naismith is getting off light, he had two easy chances as well, but no-one should be getting criticised tonight.

Ridiculous only in the context of my expectations for the game, ridiculous in so far as we were just playing one of the top teams in Europe and were touted to take a hammering and then we missed 4 or 5 gilt edged opportunities that you would expect to score any other time...

I do not recall us EVER having that many clear cut chances in European competition and given our financial situation, the standing of Scottish football and the opposition, it does feel somewhat surreal.... I love it

That was terrific (tu) We'd have beaten most teams in Europe tonight (we'd have fucking destroyed Man U if we'd have played like that); we missed so many chances, but otherwise, that was superb (tu)

Papac was MOTM imo

Foster was very very good as well, as well as Davis and Boughie (tu)

In a way, that's true.

Miller missed an absolute sitter but also played a fucking wonder ball for Naismith to do the exact same, so it evens itself out. Still, Miller especially should've put that rebound in the net. Come Sunday, or last Saturday, and the exact same play happened he'd have been running away celebrating. His bottle went.

I would say that we do look so bloody rushed in possession sometimes, especially compared to Valencia.

That's the reason we missed those chances - no composure, too rushed.

doh

Fantastic point. I retract my statement...

Miller and Naismith didn't bottle their chances? Of course they did, they've been on fucking fire all season and then get their two easiest chances of the season and both miss.

I thought we were absolutely brilliant tonight!

But god I can't feel anymore gutted than I am just now. Feels as if we lost that game. I don't I am exaggerating here when I say that we should have really won about 6-1.

Bougherra, Davis, Papac, Foster, Naismith, Weiss...the lot of them were fantastic bar the finishing.

If it was any other team apart from celtc we were playing on Sunday then I'd feel slightly sorry for them having to come up against us at the moment, but I don't give a flying fuck about so same again please (take our chances but).

Im fuckin gutted after that, we could have hammered that lot! Even the players after the game, before they would have killed for a 1-1 draw, but they looked gutted, like they'd be humiliated! What a fuckin effort, every single one of them!

Celtic result should take care of itself now, watp :D

I think the whole team were outstanding tonight, we cut their defence to shreds soo many times. Naismith times his runs to perfection but just unlucky not to get one tonight.. Davis's wee chip :drool: he was awesome tonight.

Everytime we went forward we looked like creating somthing. I honestly thought Valcina were mush better at the back than that.

Still, credit to The team for a wonderful performance against one of the best teams in Spain

On another night we could have humilated them, just poor finishing and a bit of bad luck preventing us from a great night.

Absolutely over the moon with the way we played tonight. A template for what we can achieve in Europe: A perfect combination of defence and attack meant they didn't look like scoring and we absolutely did....on six occasions!

We didn't get the break tonight, but that's happened to teams more gifted than us so we just need to soak it up.

The real positive for me is, I never would have looked at the away game to Valencia as a potential point, but now I do. If we can draw away with Valencia and beat Bursaspor - we have a real shot at qualifying. The only potential banana skin as I see it is if Man U have qualified at that point (via a victory or draw over us) they may ease back on Valencia so that game matters a lot too.

Still buzzing - great performance despite the near misses.

We should of absolutely hammered them, we were good off the ball when we weren't in possession, and at times fantastic on the ball.

Foster was fantastic, I wasn't expecting that, and I'll gladly hold my hands up for being wrong about him for this game!