That was one of the best European performances I've seen....

papaguy51

Can't believe I'm sitting here after 90 minutes against that Valencia side actually gutted that we didn't win 5-1.

Davis, Bougherra and Papac were just utterly fantastic.

Big shout out to Ricky Foster as well - I wasn't expecting that performance at all (tu)

spot on papa, great to see boogie back to his best, and god bless the papac. I can't believe people would let his contract run down

what a difference from the last time Valencia came to ibrox and as good a performance as i can remember under Walter in europe. Gutted miller, naismith or foster couldn't take one of those chances. Get a draw over there, however unlikely, and i may even start to dream of the next round.... :sherlock:

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Breath of fresh air tonight, we were brilliant. So unlucky not to of given them a good hiding.

Walking out of Ibrox I was gutted :disappointment:

But we shouldn't cover up the positives with disappointment. We really were superb tonight.

Ricky Foster son, well done. Bougherra was just :praise: As was Davis.

With Edu it seems he has to do something bad in order to do something good. Fantastic leap for the goal though :clap:

We could of felt sorry for ourselves after losing a cheap goal, but we didn't, very very proud of everyone in a blue jersey tonight.

What a brilliant game to watch, great football from both sides. I think a draw was maybe fair although it doesn't feel very fair at the moment.

So many could have, should have moments. Some of which I will be having nightmares about for weeks, I hate to think what Kenny Miller must be thinking.

Ricky Foster was just brilliant, as was Bougherra, Davis and so many others. Those three stood out though.

Valencia away is going to be huge. Whoever dishes out results I would happily bite their arm right off for a draw right now.

Thank you Rangers for a fantastic game and one I will remember for a long, long time.

Also, fucking best fans in the world. What a noise, what an atmosphere. :crabflute:

spot on papa, great to see boogie back to his best, and god bless the papac. I can't believe people would let his contract run down

what a difference from the last time Valencia came to ibrox and as good a performance as i can remember under Walter in europe. Gutted miller, naismith or foster couldn't take one of those chances. Get a draw over there, however unlikely, and i may even start to dream of the next round.... :sherlock:

boogie was superb. did we not draw 2-2 last time we played valencia?

That's what we're here for mate :)

To disagree with the point you made would be ridiculous

Theoretically we shouldnt be able to get near a team like Valencia, the players done everything in their power to make sure that tonight this was not the case

Everyone who featured should be applauded, and anyone who talks down their efforts should be ashamed

To put it into perspective of what we did tonight, we outplayed a side who only a few days earlier outplayed perhaps the best side in Europe, Barcelona. They were top of La Liga, the greatest league in the World, until the weekend.

Totally agree with the OP.

Considering that's only the 3rd time we have played 5-4-1, the players don't half execute it well. I really like the fluidity of our counter attacks, it's actually so exciting to watch. And Bougherra, Weir and Papac combine brilliantly, such a great complement of styles.

Really enjoyed that game tonight, just so disappointed not to take all three points. Well played Rangers.

Just watched the highlights. They really didn't do us justice at all. But then, how would they fit in 10 minutes chat about Rooney if they talk abour Rangers?

Yeah, our thriller got, what, four minutes coverage? Man Utd's borefest got about a quarter of an hour.

Before the game i would have snatched at a point, but instead came away gutted not to have taken 3. Everyone was superb tonight and a special mention for Ricky Foster, give me him ahead of Broadfoot all day!!