That was one of the best European performances I've seen....

papaguy51

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats this about the highlights from what i saw of them they showed every single chance we had <cr>.

Great performance from the boys , i did think we would get something from the game just can't believe im going to say i cant believe we didnt get the three points

Whats this about the highlights from what i saw of them they showed every single chance we had <cr>.

Great performance from the boys , i did think we would get something from the game just can't believe im going to say i cant believe we didnt get the three points

If you're on about ITV, then they showed shit compared to the game itself.

If you're on about ITV, then they showed shit compared to the game itself.

that may be where i cant see the problem , i thought it was about the goals programme on sky sports 2 where they said nice things about us but then again it was the tash :lol:

that may be where i cant see the problem , i thought it was about the goals programme on sky sports 2 where they said nice things about us but then again it was the tash :lol:

:lol:

ITV started with the Man U match, showed quite a lot of that shit then spent the next 20 minutes (felt like hours) talking about Rooney and then showed about 5 minutes of the Rangers match if we're lucky.

ITV started with the Man U match, showed quite a lot of that shit then spent the next 20 minutes (felt like hours) talking about Rooney and then showed about 5 minutes of the Rangers match if we're lucky.

german as well as austrian tv commentators were full of praise of this rangers performance - never mind uk's media ;)

Sounds about right tbh , at least on Sky sports hey showed the highlights , went into the studio asked grahamhis thoughts , showed the chances again , then got Eidurs opinion on how good the Valencia side really is etc. then showed the group and stated that we are still in a good position and how it looks a straight fight for 2nd :rolleyes: and then they had a 5 minute discussion about rooney :lol:

was there last nyte and it was just brilliant how good was that does walter put something in the water before the champions league game cause thought we were superb! i said before it i'll take the draw (bit gutted cause of the chances MY GOD there were loads lol) all in all happy though 9 points still to go!! and one shoutout to ricky foster if he had scored with that chance he would have been staying here for good lol!! bring on sunday 5-0 :rolleyes:

So close to being one of the great European performances. It wasn't because we missed a hatful of good chances. As someone else said, it was like the Advocaat days. So strange to feel gutted that we only got a draw.

I think a sense of realism is required here.

We have played 3 games and i am delighted we have 5 points but we have been played off the park on all 3 games.At times last night it was like watching amateurs unable to pass a ball 5 yards.Unable to grasp the concept that your colleague should be no more than about 10 yards away at all times to receive a pass.

Watching the Spanish it's evident how much emphasis is put on playing within zones and triangles.Always moving and always looking for a team mate close by instead of 30 yards away standing static.

It's a sign of the times i suppose that we are going overboard about performances that relied more on resolute defending than actually trying to play football and win games.I will admit though that last night we did play some good football on the counter attack and i thought Davis was man of the match by a country mile.

This is not a dig at the players or Smith as we are only doing what we can with the resources we have but by no means are we world beaters or a team to be feared on this stage especially on our travels.

However after saying all that it is i suppose pleasing that we are not losing games to such diddies like Unirea (where are they now?)

We are in a good position but last night showed the real lack of talent and composure required at this level as chance after chance went a begging and to miss two open goals and squander 2 one on ones is criminal.

Yes we have restored some pride and respect but i doubt Valencia will be worrying too much about our return game in the Mestalla.

It will however instill more confidence ahead of Sundays visit to that shitehole and i hope that we are more clinical with our chances than we were last night.

We are still the best in Scotland and have nothing to fear from the paedo harbourers on Sunday that's for sure.

laugh.gif

There was three miniutes of injury time and to fill the spot i,m sure we seen all of injury time played !

ITV are so far up man utds arse theyre worse than sky

Cant wait to the ibrox match where you will only hear the man utd fans as they have a special microphone

that can drown out the home supporters rolleyes.gif amazing what they can do tossers.

Shocking coverage last night it was like watching a different match and the commentator

stated it could have been 3-3 ?

Countin the crap spewed about Rooney the Man U "highlights" were on for 35 minutes. We got 5 including about 30 seconds on Edu. But that programmes from London our own Fu**in STV wont even show our games at all. Last year and this..... Wonder why?

Because there is no regional opt-out. The Manchester United game will be shown live on ITV.

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

I think a sense of realism is required here.

We have played 3 games and i am delighted we have 5 points but we have been played off the park on all 3 games.At times last night it was like watching amateurs unable to pass a ball 5 yards.Unable to grasp the concept that your colleague should be no more than about 10 yards away at all times to receive a pass.

Watching the Spanish it's evident how much emphasis is put on playing within zones and triangles.Always moving and always looking for a team mate close by instead of 30 yards away standing static.

It's a sign of the times i suppose that we are going overboard about performances that relied more on resolute defending than actually trying to play football and win games.I will admit though that last night we did play some good football on the counter attack and i thought Davis was man of the match by a country mile.

This is not a dig at the players or Smith as we are only doing what we can with the resources we have but by no means are we world beaters or a team to be feared on this stage especially on our travels.

However after saying all that it is i suppose pleasing that we are not losing games to such diddies like Unirea (where are they now?)

We are in a good position but last night showed the real lack of talent and composure required at this level as chance after chance went a begging and to miss two open goals and squander 2 one on ones is criminal.

Yes we have restored some pride and respect but i doubt Valencia will be worrying too much about our return game in the Mestalla.

It will however instill more confidence ahead of Sundays visit to that shitehole and i hope that we are more clinical with our chances than we were last night.

We are still the best in Scotland and have nothing to fear from the paedo harbourers on Sunday that's for sure.

Im sorry, who had all the chances?

Great, great showing. Although everyone is cursing not getting all 3 points, McGregor's save right at the death could be vital in securing us just the point and a chance of qualification.

Even if we lost at Valencia, a win against Utd at Ibrox would leave our destiny in our own hands.

A draw was still a brilliant result, although sickening when you think of how much better it could have been of course.

:crabflute:

Your post actually backs up the point Adoniram was making.

Players who are confident about their ability would have had that game finished by half-time. One of our better European performances of late, but we will never have a better chance of comprehensively beating top class opposition.

Did we take them?

The comment is not meant to be overly negative.

Yes it was good in parts but our failure to convert really simple chances at this level is why we will end up finding it difficult to get out the group.

In my view all Smith has done is make us harder to beat which after last season is a massive improvement.

To put it into perspective of what we did tonight, we outplayed a side who only a few days earlier outplayed perhaps the best side in Europe, Barcelona. They were top of La Liga, the greatest league in the World, until the weekend.

Does this make us half European Champions? :sherlock:

The 5-4-1 that suddenly switches into a I guess 3-5-2 attacking is fantastic, you felt like every attack could have led to something.

I think its more like a 3-4-3, but its still impressive.

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

Did we take them?

The comment is not meant to be overly negative.

Yes it was good in parts but our failure to convert really simple chances at this level is why we will end up finding it difficult to get out the group.

In my view all Smith has done is make us harder to beat which after last season is a massive improvement.

You said we have been played of the park in all 3 games, Bursaspor and Valencia didn't play us off the park.

You said we have been played of the park in all 3 games, Bursaspor and Valencia didn't play us off the park.

I would beg to differ if you look at the posession stats for all three games.

Being played off the park in my view is having less of the ball than your opponent and we had less of it in the 3 games.

The object though is to put the ball in the net and on Wednesday we came up short in that department.

I am not saying we were rank rotten or it's all doom and gloom just that a bit of perspective and realism is required.

The way some fans are going on we only have to turn up at the Mestalla and we are guaranteed a draw or better.

Same with going to Turkey and when United visit us.

when we start believing the hype is when we fall flat on our faces.