Celtic to write letter to SFA.

CELTS IN DOUGIE DEMAND

CELTIC chiefs have fired off an angry letter to the SFA demanding answers over the Dougie McDonald penalty controversy at Tannadice.

Referee McDonald awarded the Hoops a spot-kick against Dundee United on Sunday for a Dusan Pernis challenge on Gary Hooper - then overturned his decision.

McDonald consulted with linesman Steven Craven and the flag man indicated that keeper Pernis got a touch to the ball before bringing down hitman Hooper in the second-half incident.

That sparked touchline fury, with disgusted Hoops boss Neil Lennon having to be calmed down by the fourth official before McDonald raced to confront him.

Celtic eventually won the game 2-1 with Hooper netting the decisive goal in the 90th minute.

But feelings over the penalty incident are still running high at Parkhead.

SunSport understands that both Lennon and the directors were unhappy with Monday's comments from SFA referees' chief Hugh Dallas.

Dallas claimed Lennon had accepted the decision was 'correct' in an after-match chat in McDonald's dressing room.

But the Celts gaffer is believed to remain adamant the penalty should have been given.

Dallas claimed: "Neil took the time to go and visit the referee's dressing-room about 40 minutes after Sunday's match was concluded.

"They had a discussion and Neil accepted that the decision was correct. It was just unusual."

Now, though, the Hoops have turned up the heat on both Dallas and the governing body by writing in no-nonsense terms.

Celtic want a thorough explanation on the penalty ruling - and to discover what exactly was behind McDonald's thinking.

This team is complete joke,they will do anything to swing an old firm game in there favour.

they won the game why are they moaning.? does this team think they should be awarded everything.?

The Referee consulted with his assistant who drew his attention to the keeper having touched the ball first, ergo no penalty SIMPLES so ferkin simple even Neil Lennon should be able to understand, the laws of the game allow the referee to consult with assistants and change a decision as long as the match has not been restarted. the SFA should be hauling the sporting wing of the IRA up on charges of bringing the game into disrepute and the last time I studied for a referees badge the law book stated `the referees decisions are final and protests against a referees decisions will not be entertained, These twats are surley the worlds biggest MOPES. getting tired of the victims card being played by them, dont know whether I want to ferk them over 5-0 on Sunday or beat them with a last minute penalty in the pouring rain.. That way the at least get a bath..

The Referee consulted with his assistant who drew his attention to the keeper having touched the ball first, ergo no penalty SIMPLES so ferkin simple even Neil Lennon should be able to understand, the laws of the game allow the referee to consult with assistants and change a decision as long as the match has not been restarted. the SFA should be hauling the sporting wing of the IRA up on charges of bringing the game into disrepute and the last time I studied for a referees badge the law book stated `the referees decisions are final and protests against a referees decisions will not be entertained, These twats are surley the worlds biggest MOPES. getting tired of the victims card being played by them, dont know whether I want to ferk them over 5-0 on Sunday or beat them with a last minute penalty in the pouring rain.. That way the at least get a bath..

I want a penalty in the 97th minute won by a blatant Kyle Lafferty dive after handling it. They would be fuckin spewin!

Dear Celtic,

Thank you for taking the time to write your concerns to the SFA with regard to Sundays league match against Dundee United at Tannadice.

After a thorough review of the match tape we have come to the following conclusion:

The famine is over.

Why don't you go home?

They can do whatever they fucking want I don't care, the rules were clearly explained after the match and before they consider doing anything they should read the rule book.

It states very clearly that as soon as the Ref blows for any incident he has the right to consult with any of the other officials, including the fourth official to ensure that his decisions was correct.

The linesman brought the incident to the refs attention that from his line of sight he felt that the goalie got the ball before contact was made with the player, he had a better line of site than the ref, so the ref had every right to reverse his decision.

They'll do anything to try and influence an old firm game. They have previous for this.

This letter should be dealt with using the contempt it deserves.

It has been pretty clearly explained already.

What hasnt been explained is how that wee shit has not been hauled up for his actions at the time. He lost the plot and should be punished. Where's your video evidence now SFA?

The Referee changing his mind and consulting his Assistant obviously shows that he didn't see the incident properly, or was unsure when giving it. So you need to ask, why did he point to the spot in the first place if he wasn't sure?

If anything it should be Dundee Utd writing to the SFA!

They'll do anything to try and influence an old firm game. They have previous for this.

Was just about to post the same. No class whatsoever, just another attempt to try and influence the ref into giving them something on Sunday.

Pathetic

Sellick Park

Glesgas East End

Eire

Deer SAF (is that wan ae thae abrevahayshins things like the 'RA ?)

We wiz cheeted oan Sundae again, it's no fair neither it is. Them referees is oot tae get us, they think they no everythink well they don't coz we all know the trueth and even Jock knew tae I wus toald.

Just coz we ur the best team (ask Sammy arse and Gary Cooper ah mean Hooper) Hopper should know coz he's seen 90 percent of the teams play (he's goat FIFA 11 on his barras laptop great copy)

Ah wid have wrote this complaint earlier but we were using the compooter tae play FIFA and neel likes Championship Manager.

We weren't gonna complain but then we remembered we HUD a gemme against them across the city next Sunday.

We are hard done by.....stoap it.

Petter lawell

The Referee changing his mind and consulting his Assistant obviously shows that he didn't see the incident properly, or was unsure when giving it. So you need to ask, why did he point to the spot in the first place if he wasn't sure?

If anything it should be Dundee Utd writing to the SFA!

from what i saw the ref couldnt have blown or pointed to the spot any quicker seemed very eager to give the penalty but the linesman must have had a word in his ear on the mic and off he goes for a chat where the linesman clearly tells him its not a foul and he should change his decision . IMO the ref was gagging to give them a pen ( not the first shaddy one he will have given against UTD)

I want a penalty in the 97th minute won by a blatant Kyle Lafferty dive after handling it. They would be fuckin spewin!

I honestly think Lennon would come charging on the pitch if that happened :lol:

the way they were getting on was funny last year, now its just getting beyond a joke and i am sick of hearing them gurning about refs especially after all the decisions they got for them when they were winning the league. I hope we hammer them on sunday and theres not a hint of a controversial decision as they wont know what to say. Of course that wont happen, anytime the ball hits a rangers player in our box or maloney faints in the box they will be screaming for a penalty as usual.

Trying to pile the pressure onto the SPL and the referees to give them a decision in their favour for one of the biggest fixtures of their season.

I wonder, if penalty was awarded to Dundee United, and then the penalty was not given, if Lennon being the 'good sportsman' would have had the c*ltic board write to the SFA and complain about it?