Valencia fume over opening goal

Valencia were left fuming last night over the opening goal that Maurice Edu blasted into the net at the detriment of his own safety.

Representatives from Los Che were admament that the corner that led to the goal should have been retaken given that the ball had not been placed inside the arc.

A source told the Sun newspaper that, "The Rangers player, Vladimir Weiss, sent over the corner-kick from the left wing when the ball was clearly outwith the arc.

View the full article

Valencia were left fuming last night over the opening goal that Maurice Edu blasted into the net at the detriment of his own safety.

Representatives from Los Che were admament that the corner that led to the goal should have been retaken given that the ball had not been placed inside the arc.

A source told the Sun newspaper that, "The Rangers player, Vladimir Weiss, sent over the corner-kick from the left wing when the ball was clearly outwith the arc.

View the full article

They are quite correct in what they say, but this happens EVERY week in every league in the world...and it's not the only law that's not policed properly, so they can whinge all they like.

EVERY GAME PLAYED is technically started with an illegal play because the law states that the team kicking off must be in their own half of the field and that includes BOTH FEET of the two players performing the kick-off...But that never happens, so it's up to the referee's head honcho's to make sure their officials are doing their job properly.

No part of the ball was touching the arc when wee Weiss took it, so it's not our fault that this is allowed to happen on a consistent basis.

"A source told the Sun newspaper that, "The Rangers player, Vladimir Weiss, sent over the corner-kick from the left wing when the ball was clearly OUTWITH the arc."

oh really?

a spanish source told the sun newspaper that the ball was "outwith" the arc?

this is totally made up bullshit

outwith is only ever used by scottish people, english people dont use it - spanish people talking english would use the word outside not outwith. i would bet EVERYTHING this is a totally made up quote by a scummy journalist who, like all the rest of the dfbs, is totally shitting himself regarding sunday.

My link

:21:

"A source told the Sun newspaper that, "The Rangers player, Vladimir Weiss, sent over the corner-kick from the left wing when the ball was clearly OUTWITH the arc."

oh really?

outwith is only ever used by scottish people, english people dont use it - spanish people talking english would use the word outside not outwith. i would bet EVERYTHING this is a totally made up quote by a scummy journalist who, like all the rest of the dfbs, is totally shitting himself regarding sunday.

My link

theirs no doubt in my mind you are correct.

the ball was in the arc.

if you view it from above it was and thats all that matters.

they should learn the rules.

The rules state that a part of the ball must be touching the line of the arc at a corner, so I've just had 3 looks at it again on the hard drive and it looks out to me...but then again, I don't really give a fuck what they say because it's a goal...end of story. :clap:

The rules state that a part of the ball must be touching the line of the arc at a corner, so I've just had 3 looks at it again on the hard drive and it looks out to me...but then again, I don't really give a fuck what they say because it's a goal...end of story. :clap:

no you need to think in 3d the edge of the ball only needs to overlap the edge of the arc.

it was fine.

oh really?

My link

Good spot (tu)

As gunslinger said, no part of the ball needs to touch the arc. So long as, when viewed from directly above, one part of the ball is above one part of the line, it's in.

50% of the throw ins in top level games are foul throws too.

Agreed. In nearly every game, a players back foot comes off the ground when taking a throw in, which I believe is illegal. As for the corner, happens all the time.

what a load of shite, how come i can count 2 of their corners went out yet the ref played on, how come they still had 10 men on the park when naismith was elbowed in the face, how come the barge in the box on whittaker wasn't a penalty, rangers never a got a freekick when miller was caught with a follow through at the edge of the box and the countless foul shy's by them, broadfoot got pulled up for less during our uefa cup run.

bunch a gretting faced shites, if we had taken our chances they'd be going back to spain with their tail firmly placed between there legs.

what a load of shite, how come i can count 2 of their corners went out yet the ref played on, how come they still had 10 men on the park when naismith was elbowed in the face, how come the barge in the box on whittaker wasn't a penalty, rangers never a got a freekick when miller was caught with a follow through at the edge of the box and the countless foul shy's by them, broadfoot got pulled up for less during our uefa cup run.

bunch a gretting faced shites, if we had taken our chances they'd be going back to spain with their tail firmly placed between there legs.

Also the player who floored Davis after he got the ball away to Papac before his attempt should of been booked for a late tackle from behind.

The French boy who hit Naismith should of had a second yellow for his two cynical late sweeps just outside the box.

That's the thing about these Spanish cheats i still remember Messi blubbing like an utter fanny when we stopped him playing football, you were lucky you were let of the hook Valencia as you were utter dross..

Remember they needed one of our own players to score for them.