Is Rooney right?

Clemdog

Wayne Rooney released a statement following Sir Alex's press conference, were Sir Alex he said he didn't know the reason why Wayne was so eager to leave Old Trafford.

For those who have not seen it, here is the statement in full ;

"I met with David Gill last week and he did not give me any of the assurances I was seeking about the future squad.

I then told him that I would not be signing a new contract.

I was interested to hear what Sir Alex had to say yesterday and surprised by some of it.

It is absolutely true, as he said, that my agent and I have had a number of meetings with the club about a new contract. During those meetings in August I asked for assurances about the continued ability of the club to attract the top players in the world.

I have never had anything but complete respect for MUFC. How could I not have done, given its fantastic history and especially the last six years in which I have been lucky to play a part?

For me its all about winning trophies - as the club has always done under Sir Alex. Because of that I think the questions I was asking were justified.

Despite recent difficulties, I know I will always owe Sir Alex Ferguson a huge debt. He is a great manager and mentor who has helped and supported me from the day he signed me from Everton when I was only 18.

For Manchester United's sake I wish he could go on forever because he's a one-off and a genius."

Im sure for Wayne and his family there may be other minor issues and reasonings behind his aim to leave United, but from this statement it is clear he thinks United is a sinking ship. Is Rooney right in saying that Sir Alex is 'the glue holding United together', Im sure alot of Wayne's anxiety over Manchester United's future stems from not replacing Ronaldo, or using any of that £80million for a big money signing.

The only strikers that Ferguson has brought in the past few years are Owen (on a free) and Javier Hernandez, who we are yet to see what his potenial really is.

In 2009 United bought Valencia for £16 million, the year before that they bought Berbatov for near enough £31 million and in the year before that they bought Anderson for £17million and Nani for nearly £15million. I could go on year by year, Carrick - 2005 / Rooney - 2004 / Ferdinand - 2002 / Veron & Van Nistelrooy - 2001.

All above players are Manchester United's record breaking transfer fee's. Rooney wanted to 'seek assurances' about United's future, does this mean United fans won't be seeing signings such as these for a while. It would figure as United are commonly known to be in a ludicrous amount of debt (a gross debt of £522 million to be precise).

The fact Manchester United's last three signings have been Chris Smalling, Bebe and Hernandez certainly doesn't 'seek any assurances' seeing as Fergie found out of Wayne's desire to leave on August 14th.

Surely the loss of Rooney's advertisement will hit United's bank only furthermore adding weight to the already sinking ship.

With the huge pressure of their city neighbours is Rooney right to be fearful of their obvious lack of funds? And to in essence 'jump the ship'

Or should he be loyal to a manager and a team who have helped shape the player he is today?

One thing for sure, I think we'll see the United fans take to the car park pretty soon.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

fergie's empire may be crumbling, and rooney wants to go

he said he wants man city but bobby told him no

feck off back to everton, or film another shrek

if i see you in a city shirt, ill break your fecking neck

so go out banging prozzy's, or back to stealing cars

but if you think your going to eastlands

you can kiss my fecking arse

he started with the toffeess and moved onto the reds

shagged some dirty prozzy's and sent some saucy texts

best player in the world they say and city want to buy

the fattest twat to grace the pitch so take the fecking guy

wayne rooney we adored you even though you look like shit

but give us back that number 10 you fecking ugle prick

From a Man Utd forum :lol:

Apparently Wayne broke 3 crayons writing that statement.

He should be loyal to a manager that's been there and done that, Alex Ferguson's went through all of this with man utd before and came out on top, so he should be loyal to a manager that's made him a premiership and champions league winner and a manager that tried to help him through his disastrous world cup and the allegations involving his personal life.

Rooney's not fooling anybody, he want's more money and he doesn't care if he has to show disgusting dis-respect to the man that's made him who he is today to get it.

What he says in his statement is 100% right, though i'm convinced that he wants to leave for one reason and one reason only; money

Once Giggs and Scholes retire, the Man Utd team looks absolutely pish. They were filled with so many 'past their best' players over the age of 28 (Wes Brown, Rio Ferdinand, Park ji Sung, Michael Carrick, Michael Owen) or players who are quite simply not good enough (John O'Shea, Darron Gibson, Anderson, Gabriel Obertan) They also make no effort whatsoever to sign world class players. They made no attempts to sign Ozil who went for £12 million, Sneijder who went last summer for £12 million, Van der Vaart who went for £8 million. Instead they spent £25 million on Chris Smalling, Bebe, and Javier Hernandez.

What he says in his statement is 100% right, though i'm convinced that he wants to leave for one reason and one reason only; money

Once Giggs and Scholes retire, the Man Utd team looks absolutely pish. They were filled with so many 'past their best' players over the age of 28 (Wes Brown, Rio Ferdinand, Park ji Sung, Michael Carrick, Michael Owen) or players who are quite simply not good enough (John O'Shea, Darron Gibson, Anderson, Gabriel Obertan) They also make no effort whatsoever to sign world class players. They made no attempts to sign Ozil who went for £12 million, Sneijder who went last summer for £12 million, Van der Vaart who went for £8 million. Instead they spent £25 million on Chris Smalling, Bebe, and Javier Hernandez.

if they try & go for a big player, Man City will just jump in and offer double that and get him, thit must drive SAF off his head, and give him no chance/reason of going for the "Big" players.

if they try & go for a big player, Man City will just jump in and offer double that and get him, thit must drive SAF off his head, and give him no chance/reason of going for the "Big" players.

Shouldn't stop them trying. Man Utd have a lot more history and tradition than Man City and a lot of players will choose that over money. Berbatov was one. Turned down more money at City to join United.

Shouldn't stop them trying. Man Utd have a lot more history and tradition than Man City and a lot of players will choose that over money. Berbatov was one. Turned down more money at City to join United.

history & tradition ?, don't make me laugh :lol:, no footballers are interested in that these days, Rooney being the prime example, they are ALL interested in the money.

if "History & Tradition" meant so much to players then why the fuck did people like Chris Eagles knock us back ?, MONEY £££$$$$$$£££

history & tradition ?, don't make me laugh :lol:, no footballers are interested in that these days, Rooney being the prime example, they are ALL interested in the money.

if "History & Tradition" meant so much to players then why the fuck did people like Chris Eagles knock us back ?, MONEY £££$$$$$$£££

I doubt Chris eagles knew a lot about our history and tradition.

I think Rooney is a money grabber, but (whisper it), he's absolutely spot on about the state of ManYoo at the moment.

They are in a rapid decline and City will be ahead of them in a matter of months, if they aren't already.

well he was given tours etc, and most football people in the UK, should know about our History & Tradition, We Are The Rangers.

Most football fans in England see Rangers as the protestants and Celtic as Catholics, nothing more than that, they don't know anything about achievements/ success etc and they don't care.

So every footballer is only after the money? Don't make me laugh!

Spot on mate. Man utd are my english team and the thought of rooney leaving is pretty freightning as alot of other players will want to jump ship the minute they become a star man

The real shame is that man city will just be a team that has far more money than pride and will just throw money at who ever they see playing well at the time, i fucking hate them

I think Rooney is a money grabber, but (whisper it), he's absolutely spot on about the state of ManYoo at the moment.

They are in a rapid decline and City will be ahead of them in a matter of months, if they aren't already.

I'm nt quite sure ambition and bottomless pockets are the same thing.

Eagles new contract at Burnley isn't worth as much as we offered. Eagles is a prick, but he's no money grabber.