Is Rooney right?

Clemdog

Man Utd lost the league by a single point last year

Who left over the summer that signalled to Rooney that the club was going in the wrong direction? If Ferguson believed the squad he has is good enough to go better than that single point gap who is Wayne Rooney to question him?

Im not buying into this "Man Utd are a sinking ship and hes getting off" because they've drawn a couple of games at all. Even Torres hasnt asked to leave Liverpool yet!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not buying into this "Man Utd are a sinking ship and hes getting off" because they've drawn a couple of games at all.

I didn't say they're a sinking ship because of their results this year, I never even mentioned their results. I'm talking about their future. They have a ridiculous debt which is restricting them in the transfer market. They can't replace players who have gone and most likely will not replace players who are going to leave.

We will never know if Ferguson believed his squad was good enough. We don't know what is going on behind the scenes, but I would be very surprised to learn there was money there for him to spend and he didn't do so.

I didn't say they're a sinking ship because of their results this year, I never even mentioned their results. I'm talking about their future. They have a ridiculous debt which is restricting them in the transfer market. They can't replace players who have gone and most likely will not replace players who are going to leave.

We will never know if Ferguson believed his squad was good enough. We don't know what is going on behind the scenes, but I would be very surprised to learn there was money there for him to spend and he didn't do so.

(tu)

Not to mention that their fans are turning more and more on their owners causing tension throughout the club.

It is a fact that their squad is abnormally weak this season in comparison to years gone by, and Ferguson is holding the whole thing together imo.

Man Utd lost the league by a single point last year

Who left over the summer that signalled to Rooney that the club was going in the wrong direction? If Ferguson believed the squad he has is good enough to go better than that single point gap who is Wayne Rooney to question him?

Im not buying into this "Man Utd are a sinking ship and hes getting off" because they've drawn a couple of games at all. Even Torres hasnt asked to leave Liverpool yet!

They may have lost the title by just one point but Chelsea were by far the best team in the country last year. They deserved to win it by more than a point and would've done but for a few sloppy results away from home. Rooney basically carried United last year. Look how they're season fell apart in the space of a week when he got injured against Bayern Munich. The team is in decline regardless of where they finished in the league last year. The best players are all aged 29 or above. The youngsters aren't good enough. Nani is pretty much the only bright spot in their team nowadays.

So that gives him the right to be doing what he's doing? The idea of them being in decline is over stated IMO, they've drawn a few games and are being careful with spending prbably because of the debt formed but that's another debate.

Rooney's insulting his team mates, while totally forgetting about the fact he hasn't played well for club or country in months.

So it'd be better if he kept quiet and left for nothing in 18 months rather than allowing Man Utd to get £40m or so for him?

Don't be ridiculous.

Plus, I assume everyone in this thread is trying to say that they would stay in a job for a company that's underperforming when a rival company is offering them a huge payrise for exactly the same role.

My fucking arse. Get off your high horses.

Plus, I assume everyone in this thread is trying to say that they would stay in a job for a company that's underperforming when a rival company is offering them a huge payrise for exactly the same role.

Nobody's saying they wouldn't, but I'm pretty sure the majority who would want to leave for another job wouldn't disrespect their current company in the process the way that wee fat scouser bastard has.

You cant straight out compare football to the business world, football is much more complex

Business is there for people to maximise the money they earn, football brings in loyalties, prestige, pride

And I repeat, its not as if Man Utd are languising in mid table, after multiple trophyless seasons, if he were to move to another premiership team he would be making a horizontal step at best. No one knows how much Man Utd are able to spend at the end of the season, and certainly it isnt anything to do with Wayne Rooney

Is Rooney not just saying what the 'Green and Gold' campaign have been saying for the last year, just in a roundabout way?

He hasn't had assurances that the team will spend the cash to be competitive in the league and he's won everything he can at the club. It's okay for a supporters club to say it, so why isn't it alright for Rooney to cite it as a reason to get out?

Nobody's saying they wouldn't, but I'm pretty sure the majority who would want to leave for another job wouldn't disrespect their current company in the process the way that wee fat scouser bastard has.

How's he disrespecting them exactly?

As far as I can see, he's handed in a notice WELL before the transfer window clearly explaining why he wants to leave. There's a million worse ways he could have handled this.

How's he disrespecting them exactly?

As far as I can see, he's handed in a notice WELL before the transfer window clearly explaining why he wants to leave. There's a million worse ways he could have handled this.

Slagging the team and the club's ambition comes to mind <cr>.

Aye, I suppose losing Ronaldo and Tevez and bringing in Bebe and Chris Smalling smacks of ambition.

Face it, Rooney was correct.

Maybe he was correct, but does that give him the right to blatantly disrespect the team and club by coming out with it in public like that ? Don't be daft.

It is true though that was mentioned in a previos post, for rooney to criticise Man u, their ambition and signigs is a bit bizzare given his own poor performances that stretch as far back as the World Cup. The whole incident is ridiculous whether it was a PR stunt by rooneys agent or the club. To see AF sitting this week talking about the situation in the way he was is something you would normally not ever expect to see. Sadly its the way football is now and with the Gers current financhial situation there is maybe one positive and that is we have players who want to play for the club because they are home grown or are from the home countries and understand the club, for example Davis & big Laff. I would say dispite the new contract rooney will be gone in the summer, other players have done the same at Man u and were gone in the summer.