Last Night!

Govan Front Antz

How good were we last night?

Now Valencia are one of the European powerhouses and The Gers at times of the game made them look ordinary.

When the line up was announced i was a bit worried about Foster but after that 90mins i believe he should be given a fair crack at RB. Overall the team was excellent last night with Bougherra churning out another masterclass.

The only disappointment of the night was that we never took 4 or 5 of Valencia, but we all would have been elated with a draw before the game so we will take it.

A performance like that also shows that we can cut the mustard with the big boys and although it was a defensive formation i thought we really took the game to Valencia, who where really shakey at times.

Last 16 is a real possibilty! :clap::uk::21:

I am fucking gutted after not winning. I would have taken a 1-1 before the game but after seeing how it panned out im gutted. Im not having a go but it does show how far we have come in the last year that i am gutted we didnt beat the team who just lost the lead in La Liga.

I also agree with Booler if we could go through to the last 16 and with Jelavic coming back and maybe strenghten the squad then yes we could maybe go through another round.

Well done Walter and co

I said before the Bursa game that we are really only 3 or 4 players away from being a last 8/last 4 CL team.

If Foster keeps that form up, we're only 2 or 3 players away now.

with Jelavic back, that would be 2 players maybe...

I am fucking gutted after not winning. I would have taken a 1-1 before the game but after seeing how it panned out im gutted. Im not having a go but it does show how far we have come in the last year that i am gutted we didnt beat the team who just lost the lead in La Liga.

I also agree with Booler if we could go through to the last 16 and with Jelavic coming back and maybe strenghten the squad then yes we could maybe go through another round.

Well done Walter and co

Stop being a nit picking shite and focus on the good ffs

Stop being a nit picking shite and focus on the good ffs

Shut up ya fud. Why wasnt the singing for 3 hours before and after the game, we only sing when were winning.

There aint no nit picking from me so weesht

Whittaker out for Foster as Foster is a better defender and can cover other areas (though 1 good game doesn't mean he's made it.) Broadfoot in at LB.

Jelavic would also be back if we qualify.

So:

Greegs

Foster - Bouggy - Weir - Papac - Broadfoot

Naismith - Davis - McCulloch/Edu - Weiss

Miller/Jelavic

Ideally, we need a right good CB in for Davie Weir, which would allow us to change during games to 4-4-2 with Bouggy or Foster moving into midfield and Naisy pushing up front.

Whittaker out for Foster as Foster is a better defender and can cover other areas (though 1 good game doesn't mean he's made it.) Broadfoot in at LB.

Jelavic would also be back if we qualify.

So:

Greegs

Foster - Bouggy - Weir - Papac - Broadfoot

Naismith - Davis - McCulloch/Edu - Weiss

Miller/Jelavic

Ideally, we need a right good CB in for Davie Weir, which would allow us to change during games to 4-4-2 with Bouggy or Foster moving into midfield and Naisy pushing up front.

Judging on the 3 games so far

to get to wembley...

HOME

shagger

Foster Boughy Weir Papac Whittaker

Weiss Davis McCulloch Naisy

Miller

AWAY

shagger

whittaker boughy weir papac broadfoot

davis mcculloch edu naisy

miller

this gives us a more attacking option to win at home and rigid to avoid defeat away

I said before the Bursa game that we are really only 3 or 4 players away from being a last 8/last 4 CL team.

If Foster keeps that form up, we're only 2 or 3 players away now.

So we need to sign 2 more players like Foster to be a Champions League Semi-Finalist team? Gie it a rest :lol:

I understand what thebooler is getting at and he's not far wrong in his assessment as far as I can see.

Although Sir Davie of Weir seems to be handling these games at a canter, a speedy good C/B would give us more options when coming out with the ball...so that's one player...We still need a decent L/M who can get to the bye-line with the ball and cause the opponents havoc with their back to goal by whipping in crosses that curl AWAY from their keeper, which Weiss can't do unfortunately because although he is a very good player, he has to cut back inside to his right peg.

Broadfoot can defend far better than Whittaker, but I'm not sure whether he is actually good enough to play consistently at the higher level.

We might not get a team to win the Champions League if we got a few new players,but we could at least look forward to playing in Europe with a bit of confidence that we wouldn't be humped by lesser teams like we have in the past.