Gazza In Drugs Swoop

minstral

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/3192253/Gazza-arrested-over-drugs.html

TROUBLED former footie star Paul Gascoigne has been arrested on suspicion of possessing drugs.

Gazza was held at an address in Newcastle late yesterday afternoon.

Northumbria Police confirmed a 43-year-old man had been arrested for possession of a class A drug while another man of the same age was arrested for supplying drugs.

Ex England star Gazza remains in police custody this morning.

A police spokesman said: "Shortly after 5.30pm Thursday October 21 police attended a property in North Tyneside.

"A 43-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of possession of a class A drug.

"A second man, a 43-year-old, was later arrested on suspicion of being concerned in the supply of drugs.

"Both men are still in custody and enquiries are on going."

Earlier this week Gazza was warned by a judge at Newcastle Magistrates' Court he could face jail for drink-driving.

He admitted getting behind the wheel while more than four times the limit.

Gazza, who grew up in Dunston, Gateshead, will stand trial later this month for separate offences of driving with excess alcohol and driving without insurance, which he was arrested for during a "lost weekend" in February.

He and pal Michael Harvey checked into the Black Horse Inn, in Kirkby Fleetham, North Yorks, to go fly fishing at a local lake.

But they were asked to leave after one night, and proceeded to go on a boozing session in nearby Leeming Bar where an off-duty cop arrested them after witnesses allegedly saw them driving a van.

Harvey was also charged with drink-driving, but both pleaded not guilty when they appeared before Northallerton magistrates in April this year.

The troubled former Newcastle, Spurs, Lazio and Rangers star has recently been in rehabilitation as he battles alcoholism.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/3192253/Gazza-arrested-over-drugs.html#ixzz1351fVDCY

My sympathy for the guy has almost ran dry.

Drunk driving, possible drug supplier - someone lock him up for the safety of the public and himself.

the more and more we hear, week after week, it is really damaginy my love for a guy that was the star of my childhood, losing patience with all these instances. a year locked away, be in prison or institution could make the world of difference. if not, i fear he wont make 50.

I'm afraid that Gascoigne is past redemption, which is a terrible shame but not unexpected.

He has an illness and has no control over his addiction much in the same way that George Best and countless others have gone.

The pages of history are littered with flawed geniuses and Gascoigne is another name on the list.

My sympathy for the guy has almost ran dry.

Drunk driving, possible drug supplier - someone lock him up for the safety of the public and himself.

My very thoughts when I read about him being 4X-the limit during the week.

Long term incerceration or (regretabbly) death seem to be the only two surefire ways of preventing him from putting others at risk just now.

He done well for us, but he's going to kill someone shortly and that puts it into perspective.

The guy is seriously ill and you have rangers fans turning against him.

Very sad. I would love him to get better but i can only see this ending one way.... :disappointment:

I don't think anyone is turning against him, are they? Plenty people sad and disappointed at the way his life has gone...

Very sad. I would love him to get better but i can only see this ending one way.... :disappointment:

You've got to draw the line somewhere Lee, he's had chance after chance and keeps blowing it.

I wonder how much understanding you'd have if, god forbid, he crashed into a loved one whilst driving at 4X the limit.

At what point does he have to take responsibility for his actions. Alcoholism is an illness, but he doesn't seem to be doing much to help it.

You've got to draw the line somewhere Lee, he's had chance after chance and keeps blowing it.

I wonder how much understanding you'd have if, god forbid, he crashed into a loved one whilst driving at 4X the limit.

At what point does he have to take responsibility for his actions. Alcoholism is an illness, but he doesn't seem to be doing much to help it.

The guy has an illness more serious than his addictions, they are a symptom of the mental illness he suffers from. As for people judging him for taking drugs.....stones and glass houses spring to mind.....

What a bell end :wanker: , see how you feel if he ran over one of yours, stoned, steamboats, out of his brains of fuk knows what, lock him up for a long time it can only clean him out.

The guy has an illness more serious than his addictions, they are a symptom of the mental illness he suffers from. As for people judging him for taking drugs.....stones and glass houses spring to mind.....

Good point although this is just the latest episode with Gazza but again its part of his illness. Perhaps a spell of enforced rehab might do him some good but I sadly doubt it. He is a horrible car crash waiting to happen I fear and that is a great shame :disappointment:

Good point although this is just the latest episode with Gazza but again its part of his illness. Perhaps a spell of enforced rehab might do him some good but I sadly doubt it. He is a horrible car crash waiting to happen I fear and that is a great shame :disappointment:

You're right he probably needs sectioned but we don't deal with declining mental health like that in this country , especially when substance abuse is involved

I'm judging him for driving around in a car streaming drunk. I know the damage drunk-drivers can do.

Yeah prison is a good place to go to "clean him out", no drugs in there.... :lol:

Strange you find it amusing, but there again you are one of those fukwits, who go against the grain from Murray to anything you can think of, attention seeking at its worst and best.