Portsmouth

broxibear87

Pompey's administrator was just on the radio saying that this has been blown out of proportion and he's hopeful that a deal will be struck this coming week.

No panic yet!

I hope you are right fella..............this is a nightmare

tragic :(

my uncle stays down in Gosport and all the locals are mad Pompey fans, made me have a wee soft spot for the team

the athmosphere at Fratton was always electric no matter the opposition

tragic :(

my uncle stays down in Gosport and all the locals are mad Pompey fans, made me have a wee soft spot for the team

the athmosphere at Fratton was always electric no matter the opposition

Aye mate. As i said the local don;t really like us Royal Navy guy when we are out on the town, but at Fratton they were always good with us.

I was there when Darren Anderton was flying high, i loved going as it was a change from watching The rangers when we were winning every game.

They are good set of fans, and they do love Football.

This has put me on a downer, i didn;t see that coming

SSN saying Andrew Andronikou has said Pompey are 24 hours from the end, though all it will take to save them is one signature from Sacha Gaydamak.

I “think” and hope he’ll sign what ever he needs to

Dont really care, they are a small club who acted like a big club and now the chickens are coming home to roost. I wont shed any tears for them and I doubt many others will either other than the few thousand fans they have.

“Must try harder”

I know it sounds harsh, but it's not like they don't deserve it. Their financial management was abysmal and unsustainable. This should be a warning to the likes of Stoke and Bolton; take the spending too far, and you'll get ripped apart.

Such a shame for the fans though. Although you could argue that they weren't complaining when they won the FA Cup, it would have been difficult to foresee such drastic consequences. From what I've read, the fans themselves have put a lot of money to try and keep the club alive, a massive shame that such efforts are going to waste :(

It's not fair on the fans, though. It's not their fault cunts like Peter Storie were on the take for years and refusing to pax tax season after season.

Guys like Storie should be held accountable and punished - not the club and their fans.

It's not fair on the fans, though. It's not their fault cunts like Peter Storie were on the take for years and refusing to pax tax season after season.

Guys like Storie should be held accountable and punished - not the club and their fans.

Terry Vanables started all this............he has a lot to answer for the cunt!!

I am generally gutted for the fans that have supported the club through thick and thin their whole lives. I can't imagine life without Sunderland and I'm sure that every user of this forum would say the same about Rangers.

Hope the fans pick themselves up, fantastic atmosphere at Fratton Park, the club will be sorely missed.

I know it sounds harsh, but it's not like they don't deserve it. Their financial management was abysmal and unsustainable. This should be a warning to the likes of Stoke and Bolton; take the spending too far, and you'll get ripped apart.

Such a shame for the fans though. Although you could argue that they weren't complaining when they won the FA Cup, it would have been difficult to foresee such drastic consequences. From what I've read, the fans themselves have put a lot of money to try and keep the club alive, a massive shame that such efforts are going to waste :(

We're victims of pretty bad management ourselves!

The amount of money they were splashing about when you consider how small Fratton Park is and not enough revenue coming in from corpulent hospitality meant that they were at a disadvantage to their peers ok they had TV money but that can only go so far when you are spending silly amounts on transfer fees and wages.

I am absolutely cut-up about this. I lived down there for 3 years and despite it's reputation as being a bit on the rough side the fans were absolute diamonds to me and I soon had myself a season ticket at Fratton Park.

If you haven't been at Fratton for an FA Cup tie you've missed sometihing special.

A really, really sad day.

"Play up, Pompey/ Pompey, play up..."