Madjid Bougherra to Daily record

El-MaGiC

madjidbougherra_356048.jpg

MADJID BOUGHERRA insists Rangers will hold on to their SPL crown if they come out on top in the Old Firm showdowns.

And the Algerian defender is determined to strike a blow in the title race by helping Gers claim a massive win at Parkhead today.

Both sides boast perfect league records heading into the clash so Bougherra claims derby wins will be crucial.

He said: "Whoever takes most points from the four Old Firm matches will win the title.

"The two teams aren't going to lose many points against the other sides in the SPL.

"You can see from the first eight games that the level of Rangers and Celtic is high.

"The championship is long and the rest of the matches are important but this is my belief.

"We have Champions League encounters so we're playing every three days and Celtic have nothing.

"They will be fully focused on the championship.

"In my first year at Rangers we missed out on Europe and it was easier to recover.

"If we win this game though it's going to be vital."

My link

Simply not true. Neither team is going to take full points from every game this season outwith the OF games, especially if we finish 3rd in the CL group stages and go on a Europa Cup run.

It will be of added importance if both teams form continues, but we'll never get a 100% record vs the mickey mouse clubs.

Agree with him 100%, there doesnt look like anyone else bar us, wants to beat them. They are very poor yet no one looks capable of stopping them, or havnt yet and i honestly dont see anyone doing us any favours, we will need to win every game, as i fully expect them too(except when they play us) there is no excuse for dropping points in such a mediocre league, we are miles ahead of every one. The old firm games will be crucial!