Steven Naismith

Amac9

He has had an excellent start to the season and I thought today he was outstanding!

Most of his work came from covering for Whittaker, who I thought was terrible, and time and time again he was tracking the run of their player's and winning the ball or winning a free-kick. It is amazing the amount of work he puts in.

Give him a rest against Killie on Wednesday because he deserves it.

It's no surprise to me that Naismith is having the season of his life so far.

I made that prediction after watching him at the training sessions in Sydney when he showed that he was on a different level to previous years...the kid deserves it after all the shit he has had to go through with injuries and loss of confidence.

This was definitely a make or break season for him at Ibrox and he has responded well,so long may it continue. :clap:

I liked the level of controlled aggression he showed today as well - let them know that he was up for the fight and in the end their midfield kind of gave up.

His form has been excellent and long may it continue

I honestly think that if it wasnt for Naismith then Whittaker wouldnt get a starting place.He really gives me heart attacks with his poor passing and defending.You have to give it to Naisy though.He has some engine on him finding the time to double up for Whittaker,make some great runs and scoring a few too.He has been brilliant this season.

Having a brilliant season.

Only problem i have is that he seems to have gotten a bit mouthy and always looking to get involved in arguments, don't want to see him get bookings for stupid things!

I'd have to agree with you there mate! But then again, I'd be fucking mouthing off if I got kicked from pillar to post as much as Naisie has been lately.

The bit I don't like is him doing the old "Give him a card, ref" stunt...Leave the decision making to the ref, Stevie and get on with tearing the opposition to bits.