Anthony Stokes.

Clemdog

With the issue of bad tackling being high on the agenda in British Football at the moment, players like him should be singled out for disgusting tackles.

I would have a problem with this boy if he played for anyone, this season already he has made two leg breaking tackles, and thats two too many. His first being on Jamie Hamill in their 2-1 win against Kilmarnock and his second against our own Sasa today.

Last season he was also hauled up by the SFA for a tackle on Celt*c's Nguemo

I hate this stupid rule about if a player gets a yellow card they can't have it put up to a Red. Fuck that, use Stokes as an example. The fool clearly will keep on doing this, and he'll get away with it time after time again especially if he only gets a yellow card for it.

_49162292_stokes_hamill.jpg

Fucking hell, these aren't 'miss timed' tackles were he's unlucky not to get the ball, the wee rhat is going in with intent to hurt the player. It doesn't take a genius to work out he's going to do it again and one time he's going to severely injure a player. I don't even know how Sasa is, hopefully he is okay.

A clear example of what is wrong with our game, I don't want football to become non-contact at all, but how a player has got away with this 3 times with no ban is sickening. Let's protect players in our league from tackles like these.

Wonder if Stokes will get the same sort of abuse as Lafferty has :rolleyes:

Dirty scumbag. Another player who's going to seriously injure someone, well he has already, is Ki. His tackling is appauling. He needs a dig knee high, give him some of his own medicine.

The more I see the Stokes "challenge" the worse it gets.

He really needs action taken against him, not just for the offence itself but for the safety of other players. He will seriously hurt someone very soon.

At least Lafferty seems to of been a one off. Not defending that tackle last year, but he's never done it again.

Stokes has had 4 shockers in the last 12mths. Something needs said/done about it before he does actually break a leg.

i always like it when someone phones up the radio and says about bad tackles, then the favourite answer is..... hes not that kind of player.....

Well Mr Stokes 4 players would think you are that type of player, a nasty unskilled piece of trash

as i said about de jong, there are too many wannabe hardmen in football these days, and the rules are that fucked up that the proper tough guys cant get retribution for shite like stokes and de jong produce

imagine stokes had played back in the late 80's early 90's (thats as far as i can properly remember, you older guys will remember further back)

if stokes had done that to davie roberston or stuart munro, you can guarantee that ferguson, butcher, souness, brown etc would have let him "know" not to try that shite again

as for de jongs leg breaker on ben arfa, this is about the only time that i want to see roy keane back playing football, just to sort out that cunt

as i said about de jong, there are too many wannabe hardmen in football these days, and the rules are that fucked up that the proper tough guys cant get retribution for shite like stokes and de jong produce

imagine stokes had played back in the late 80's early 90's (thats as far as i can properly remember, you older guys will remember further back)

if stokes had done that to davie roberston or stuart munro, you can guarantee that ferguson, butcher, souness, brown etc would have let him "know" not to try that shite again

as for de jongs leg breaker on ben arfa, this is about the only time that i want to see roy keane back playing football, just to sort out that cunt

Bobby Shearer would have booted that bastard into the stands.

The more I see the Stokes "challenge" the worse it gets.

He really needs action taken against him, not just for the offence itself but for the safety of other players. He will seriously hurt someone very soon.

I've still not seen it. I missed the first 2 minutes, and Sky were strangely reluctant to replay it after that. Presumably because he hadn't kicked out at fresh air...

I've still not seen it. I missed the first 2 minutes, and Sky were strangely reluctant to replay it after that. Presumably because he hadn't kicked out at fresh air...

it was really bad, slightly worse than laffertys on hinkel and we know the furore the yahoos made about that

said it many times, if in an attempt to win the ball you go air bourne (both feet of ground) it should be an automatic red card whether you make contact or not, Stokes is a nasty little shite and needs sorted or he will end someones career

ki samaras,the baldy beast at the back and stokes. where hacking our players all day. I was more surprised at ki kicking naimsith most of the time.they north Korean or whatever he is don't usually go about doing this sort of thing. he must have just picked on naismith because he was the smallest in our team..?

What niggles me is Gregsy has been done for kicking at fresh air (silly yes) and given a game ban two weeks after the incident , yet as pointed out here A.stokes has had 3 or 4 since January last season and has he been brought to task ? NO , what do you mean no , how about Ian black deliberatly fouling Jelavic with a crunching swipe that has injured said player for 3/4 months has he been punished , what you mean he got a yellow and cant be punished for deliberatly injuring an opponent , never , so do we think haha smackmyarse will be done for charging 30 yards down the pitch to hack down Naismith and deliberatly injure him , will he be done for anything ? i hear a resounding NO ......

And should Lemmon not be done for bringing the game into constant disrepute with his outlandish claims over match officials ......

lets just say im not going to hold my breath ...