A RM monthly magazine:

Boab

Why not? If Follow Follow do then why not us? Just a printed paper version of our magazine, as it is....

Any thoughts?

You'd think I was Admin :P:rolleyes: :Animation44:

Why not? If Follow Follow do then why not us? Just a printed paper version of our magazine, as it is....

Any thoughts?

Good idea mate.

I think we could enlist fellow bears like Fish and D/A onto this job and you boys could work together on this - what you think ? Excellent idea and we can get the mesaage out further.

Any thoughts?

Good idea mate.

I think we could enlist fellow bears like Fish and D/A onto this job and you boys could work together on this - what you think ? Excellent idea and we can get the mesaage out further.

What you mean, working with the others to get on better? Wienblue - have a look at http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=112 and this what I mean

We've considered this idea before, but the problem is the costs and the target market.

The costs involved would be too great since we rely on donations primarily and have no real income. As for the target market, FF has been around for a long time and the current purchasers of the fanzines are usually the same people and trying to break this mould would be hard.

Having a lot of spare money would help, feel free with other ideas though! championee

Guest TheQueensXI
We've considered this idea before, but the problem is the costs and the target market.

The costs involved would be too great since we rely on donations primarily and have no real income. As for the target market, FF has been around for a long time and the current purchasers of the fanzines are usually the same people and trying to break this mould would be hard.

Having a lot of spare money would help, feel free with other ideas though! championee

follow follow has been out for years, well before the internet was a big thing. it would cost a lot of money to produce with no guarantee of any return - quality idea though ;)

Any thoughts?

I have toyed with this before but trying to secure the capital to get it off the ground would be a tought one. I would be all for it and dedicate time to it but we would need the finances to pull it off.

Any thoughts?

I have toyed with this before but trying to secure the capital to get it off the ground would be a tought one. I would be all for it and dedicate time to it but we would need the finances to pull it off.

would take to much money then you need people to sell them.

It would be expensive and risky.

FF the fanzine has a solid market, built up over about 15 - 20 years. When it started fanzines were relatively new, so a lot of folk would try it as a novelty.

It takes some amount of volunteered time to make it work, and as has been said there are also a few others in the market.

And I might have got the wrong impression, but it seems the idea is to promote RM? Promoting the website has never been the primary purpose of FF the fanzine, just a side effect.

Guest TheQueensXI
It would be expensive and risky.

FF the fanzine has a solid market, built up over about 15 - 20 years. When it started fanzines were relatively new, so a lot of folk would try it as a novelty.

It takes some amount of volunteered time to make it work, and as has been said there are also a few others in the market.

And I might have got the wrong impression, but it seems the idea is to promote RM? Promoting the website has never been the primary purpose of FF the fanzine, just a side effect.

true, the website came well after the fanzine, and obviously it built on the back of the success of the fanzine, and now the two go pretty much hand in hand. ive not checked the fanzine to see if the same articles are on the website.

i really dont see a new fanzine being able to break the hold on the market FF and the others have. it costs £2 for an issue of FF - i dont know how much the printing would cost for a couple of thousand magazines - then having to sell them would be the real struggle. FF is sold at the stadium, in pubs, and is subscribed to - which provides immediate income. a big gamble.

very costly exercise - god idea, but not the sort of thing we can afford as we are run by donations, raffles etc.

Guest TheQueensXI
Have you asked if you can advertise RM in the fanzine?

might be a bit of a conflict of interest there! the only similarities between the sites however is that both have a forum. otherwise, totally different kettle of fish.

might be a bit of a conflict of interest there! the only similarities between the sites however is that both have a forum. otherwise, totally different kettle of fish.

So have you asked?

Or are you saying you don't want advertised there?

Guest TheQueensXI

So have you asked?

Or are you saying you don't want advertised there?

no weve not asked, the only advertising we have done so far is the radio advert - weve not planned anything else as yet. (tu)

no weve not asked, the only advertising we have done so far is the radio advert - weve not planned anything else as yet. (tu)

Not so - some eedjit stuck a flyer under my windscreen wipers.

My most hated form of advertising.

Guest TheQueensXI

Not so - some eedjit stuck a flyer under my windscreen wipers.

My most hated form of advertising.

dont think we have done flyers for a while. well at least it wasnt a ticket :P