Some impressions from tonights match

nvager

We never really came out of second gear and still won fairly comfortably.

We were sloppy at times and gave the ball away far too often coming out of the defence.

Alexander is a good GK - far better than most back-ups.

Weir looked real slow at times, but his positional sense is superb.

Weiss flatters to deceive. His final ball is poor.

Edu is struggling a bit.

Wylde has pace, but a bit to go and his final ball too could be much better.

Little scored a great goal and gives his all, but is slow and I dont think he will make it.

Hutton to me is better than Edu right now.

Naismith has improved no end this season.

What happened to Webster? Injured again?

All in all a comfortable win.

We were sloppy at times and gave the ball away far too often coming out of the defence.

Edu is struggling a bit.

Little scored a great goal and gives his all, but is slow and I dont think he will make it.

I agree 100% RE: Edu. He get's through a shit load of work, but more often than not his use of the ball is dreadful. I think we should seriously be looking at Gomis as an alternative to Edu. He's been the outstanding midfielder outwith the Old Firm for a number of years now and with his contract up soon it would be a good time for him to move on.

Edu is struggling a bit.

Any chance of giving Little some credit for a change. He,s just scored a superb goal and all you can do is criticise. And hes far from slow one of the quickest and fittest in the squad.

I like Edu as he offers an aerial threat from set pieces and he does really work hard. His closing down of Ki high up the pitch was a big part of the win on Sunday, especially the second half performance. He does dally on the ball sometimes but no one is perfect. Happy to have Edu in our team at the moment and i think people would start to miss him if he wasn't there. Unsung imo.

Thanks for the heads up of the game mate! We didn't get to see the match here this morning due to the fact that Setanta showed the mhanks game against St.Johnstone.

I read the report & stats from the BBC page and by their report, we were under the cosh a fair bit with Killie having 21 shots at goal to our 6 in total and Killie 9 corners to 4. so a 2-0 victory is a good result considering the lads exertions the past week or so.

I really was surprised at our line-up because I thought that Edu, Naismith and possibly Whittaker would and should be rested along with Davie Weir and obviously McGregor.

Then I find Webster is crocked again :anguish: and Beattie isn't even on the subs bench, so what exactly is the go with these players if they aren't going to play?

Anyway, let's see who we get in the semi. (tu)

It was a pretty easy game in the end, we were under the cosh for a bit but Killie were never going to score with our back four and Alexander.

Wylde has got a fair bit to go but he did see a fair amount of the ball. I like how he sticks to left hand-side and runs to the goal line when he has the ball.

Hutton impressed me again, I'd start him on Saturday.

Little's goal was :crywank: But again he didn't stand out.

I thought we were very average tonight but we still win :praise: everyone done ok but to me boughy and whittaker just seemed lazt tonight to me not tired just lazy constantly gave the ball away more than anyone else and put us under pressure alot...whittakers inability to syop a cross is fookin atrocious

Eremenko I think (?)

Looks a very good player.

Aye that's him number 20, he looks as if he's gonna be a good one. Wait to see how the rest of season goes for him. I think he'd be a good prospect and squad player. Won't be on a big contract at killie.

Aye that's him number 20, he looks as if he's gonna be a good one. Wait to see how the rest of season goes for him. I think he'd be a good prospect and squad player. Won't be on a big contract at killie.

Hes only on loan to killie and hes like 28/29 a think mate rather give fleck/wylde a shot than him anyhow tbh

I thought we were very average tonight but we still win :praise: everyone done ok but to me boughy and whittaker just seemed lazt tonight to me not tired just lazy constantly gave the ball away more than anyone else and put us under pressure alot...whittakers inability to syop a cross is fookin atrocious

Whittaker is the worst full back I have ever seen in my almost 60 years of watching Rangers. I normally agree with most of Walter's decisions, but having Whittaker as a defender certainly isn't one of them.

He is a liability of the highest order and opposition wide men must rub their hands at the thought of playing against him.

When he stays tight on an attacker, he is pretty good at it, but when does he ever do that? doh

Little, other than his fantastic goal, did nothing much else of note, he had some short spells of good hold up play when he was played through the middle, but speaking honestly, if we had to start him up front against Valencia or one of the stronger SPL teams away from home I think we would struggle

Whittaker is the worst full back I have ever seen in my almost 60 years of watching Rangers. I normally agree with most of Walter's decisions, but having Whittaker as a defender certainly isn't one of them.

He is a liability of the highest order and opposition wide men must rub their hands at the thought of playing against him.

When he stays tight on an attacker, he is pretty good at it, but when does he ever do that? doh

A would like to see broadfoot given a shot at rb hes much better defensively and not terrible going forward

Any chance of giving Little some credit for a change. He,s just scored a superb goal and all you can do is criticise. And hes far from slow one of the quickest and fittest in the squad.

Anytime I have seen him play he looks painfully slow and cumbersome; maybe compared to Beattie he looks fast but then so would a snail.