Are we underestimating them?

skymate13

Everyone seems to be buzzing at the moment, and of course for good reason, but some of us seem to be writing Celtic off to soon.

I don't want to be negative or anything but we have to stay focused and not get carried away by Sunday. They are a threat, I've noticed that in their past few games (with the exception of the old firm) and they are a good team. I just don't want us losing the plot because 3 points is fuck all, we have to build on it.

Thoughts????

Celtic are a collection of individuals. Problem is that they wont drop many points as there is virtually no competition this year for the Oldfirm.

This.

The SPL is at an all time low and it's very feasible that Celtic could win at least 30 of their 34 games that aren't against us

We have to keep skelping them in the derbies and not drop any silly points in other games

Take it you didn't watch them last night then?

I did, but did you see us last night aswell?

Killie had tons of chances and it took something special to break them down, Celtic on the other hand were devastating at the start BUT they were pathetic in the 2nd half. The problem is if they DO bring in a new defender because their defence is embarrassing then they will be all patched up and ready to go.

I agree with an earlier post, we will have to win the derbies.

Everyone seems to be buzzing at the moment, and of course for good reason, but some of us seem to be writing Celtic off to soon.

I don't want to be negative or anything but we have to stay focused and not get carried away by Sunday. They are a threat, I've noticed that in their past few games (with the exception of the old firm) and they are a good team. I just don't want us losing the plot because 3 points is fuck all, we have to build on it.

Thoughts????

:shifty: :shifty:

This celtc side are shite and the gap between ourselves and your lot is massive.

We are top of the league. We are SPL Champions. We are undefeated in all competitions and going strong in the Champions League while your team have been knocked out of Europe 4 times inside a year. A European first that no club would want.

There isn't a single player at your lot that could get into our team. We are individually and collectively better and stronger than your lot. End of.

WATP :pipe:

Anybody who says they haven't got any decent players is having themselves on or doesn't know much about football. Their problem, apart from the obvious one of defence, is that they haven't gelled as a unit which leaves them very brittle against good teams in the SPL, which means RANGERS.

So they might lose a game or two away from home at places like Pittodrie or Tynecastle but be virtually unbeatable at the piggery except when we come knocking on their poxy door.

In case you are in doubt about if any of their players are good enough to play for us, ask yourself this question....Name me ONE of that mob who could replace any of our players!...I dare you to come up with one.

We will drop points along the way due to any sort of scenario eventuating but we won't drop many if we stay injury and suspension free.

Maybe we (as supporters) might underestimate them but we (as a club) certainly won't, just the same as Walter won't allow our players to underestimate any other club we come up against in any competition.

:shifty: :shifty:

This celtc side are shite and the gap between ourselves and your lot is massive.

We are top of the league. We are SPL Champions. We are undefeated in all competitions and going strong in the Champions League while your team have been knocked out of Europe 4 times inside a year. A European first that no club would want.

There isn't a single player at your lot that could get into our team. We are individually and collectively better and stronger than your lot. End of.

WATP :pipe:

:shifty: :shifty: was thinking the same

Anybody who says they haven't got any decent players is having themselves on or doesn't know much about football. Their problem, apart from the obvious one of defence, is that they haven't gelled as a unit which leaves them very brittle against good teams in the SPL, which means RANGERS.

So they might lose a game or two away from home at places like Pittodrie or Tynecastle but be virtually unbeatable at the piggery except when we come knocking on their poxy door.

In case you are in doubt about if any of their players are good enough to play for us, ask yourself this question....Name me ONE of that mob who could replace any of our players!...I dare you to come up with one.

We will drop points along the way due to any sort of scenario eventuating but we won't drop many if we stay injury and suspension free.

Maybe we (as supporters) might underestimate them but we (as a club) certainly won't, just the same as Walter won't allow our players to underestimate any other club we come up against in any competition.

Spot on.

Hey haven't faced the toughest away trips yet, we'll get a truer measure of how good they are come new year.

As for us well we need to mend the leaky sieve at the back, other than that things are coming together nicely.

Disagree with you on most of your points.Celtic are NOT a good team.I watched them against Dundee Utd and they were lucky to come away with the points.In fact that game filled me with confidence for our game against them.To me they just pile everyone forward and are more than susceptible to counter attacking.Their defence is crap and give away goals when put under pressure.That has beeen proven already this year when they come up against any team with a bit of savvy.We on the other hand are showing that we are nearing our best as a team,not panicking under pressure,clinical in our finishing (other than Valencia whom we should have buried)and with a Management team who will not allow the team to get carried away.Of course many of the Bears are wallowing in our success but why shouldnt they.We will also have our lows but come the end of the season we will be Champions again.

I think WE are underestimated. People still go on about this being a poor Rangers team. Both in the media and Celtic fans. This Rangers team doesn't look out of its depth at any level right now.

I think it's easy for people to say, Oh the SPL is shite nowadays, Rangers are breezing through it. Which really makes our achievements so far, and the strength of our team sound a lot less impressive than it actually is.

Truth is, we've been behind in plenty of games this season. However, we've had the character, desire and quality to come back. Emphatic results like, 4-1 against Motherwell and 3-1 against them, but also 2-1 against Hearts and St Johnstone.

I did, but did you see us last night aswell?

Killie had tons of chances and it took something special to break them down, Celtic on the other hand were devastating

Sorry the Tic were NOT devastating,no way, the Saints were pish poor at defending in the 1st 30min,they got it all wrong, I thought I was watching a Pub team.

Take it you didn't watch them last night then?

i watched that they looked good in the first 20 then it was backs against the wall the keeper kept them in it if they play like that against us i fancy a hat full of goals

Some interesting points. celtc are a confidence team. I fully expect St. Johnstone to get something on Saturday. They should have at least had a draw the other night. And that is after being 3 goals down!

The point above though is excellent. It is US that are underestimated. Unbeaten, and not scored on (by the opposition) in the CL. Explosive counter attacking and rock solid. We have started slowly, but we all know we're going to win.

Watch tomorrow... We'll get an early goal, maybe 2 up by the half. Take off the starters and still cruise to a 3-0. That scenario is well within us.

Total confidence. We're that good.

And.. we have (Sir) Walter.

It will be interesting to see how rashellick cope with a draw/loss tomorrow. We'll be 5 pts up and on cruise control.