***Pregame Analysis - Rangers versus Inverness Caley Thistle***

nvager

Rangers versus Inverness Caley Thistle at Ibrox Stadium, Glasgow, on Saturday October 30, 2010. Kick-off 3:00 pm.

Rangers sit proudly at the top of the SPL after beating Celtic last Sunday. We have a maximum of 27 points from 9 games compared to Celtic's 24 points. Rangers have a goal difference of +17 goals compared to Celtic's +12.

Celtic kick-off early at St. Johnstone and their result will be known before Rangers kick-off at Ibrox.

There is no point in beating Celtic at Parkhead and then taking other teams too lightly. I do not believe for a moment Walter Smith will allow his team to do this. Walter will put out a strong team for this game. ICT have been in very good form recently and are unbeaten away from home with a GD of +4 after winning 3 and drawing 1 of 4 games. They were also the last team to defeat Rangers in the SPL at Ibrox.

Papac and Jelavic will miss this game but I believe Lafferty may well be available. The big question as always is who will Walter chose to play. I believe it will be McGregor, Whittaker, Bougherra, Weir, Broadfoot, Naismith, Davis, Edu, McCulloch, Lafferty and Miller.

He may play Hutton and rest another midfielder. He may also play Weiss, but I think both these players will be on the bench.

Foster may get a game at full back, but probably will start on the bench.

Beattie may get some minutes up front if we have a good lead at any stage of the game, also Wylde.

Again a hard fought game, but I expect Rangers to win. I predict Rangers 3-1 Inverness Caley Thistle.

Have we played them at Ibrox since they beat us? If not I hope we get revenge! Although in saying that I hope we put a good 4/5 past them anyway.

With Valencia being on Tuesday I hope we start with a very high tempo and try to get a couple of goals in the first half so we can ease it up and conserve energy. It will also probably affect the line-up in a way aswell. Will Walter put out a full team hoping to go a few goals up? Or play a sort of second string and hope with us being at Ibrox being enough?

We will win this but as the OP said there was no point beating them last weekend for us to slip up against ICT at home! I think the tims may draw or get beat so it may give us even more incentive to go out and get 3 points! The biggest incentive is though that we can make it 10 games in a row which is amazing!

Roll on Saturday because I cannot wait!!