***The Official Valencia CF vs. Rangers Thread***

Muff

We're not building a squad to win the Champions league, we're building a squad to win the SPL, anything else we do in Europe is a bonus. These guys you mentioned, put their hearts and souls into Rangers, especially the first 3. So if your after Champions League Finals, go support man utd/chelsea/barcelona.

Exactly folk need to remember that.

Some of these comments are down right pathetic and yet again its the usual suspects (martyboy and SirWalterSmithLegend), I honestly think they enjoy seeing Rangers lose just so they'v got something to moan about.

3-0 isn't a fair reflection on the game imo.

I don't get some fans

Okay, for Rangers to lose 3-0 to anyone is disappointing of course it is

But, we've performed above expectations already in this Champions League group, much better then some people had thought

Valencia are the 3rd best team from the best footballing league in the world and deserved their win

We move on and look to the next game :uk:

Some of these comments are down right pathetic and yet again its the usual suspects (martyboy and SirWalterSmithLegend), I honestly think they enjoy seeing Rangers lose just so they'v got something to moan about.

3-0 isn't a fair reflection on the game imo.

Aye it is,it should have been more. Mcgregor kept us in it but there is only so much he can do.

and it doesn't help when your defenders stand and watch the Valencia running by them.

I agree, we were poor tonight. It happens though, especially on the back of a run of very tough fixtures in a short space of time with a tiny squad. This is our first defeat all season and supposed "supporters" are turning on individual players and the team and the manager already. It's a fucking disgrace.

i agree ,u use the word "disgrace" ,i feel our performance,tactics and ineptnest was a disgrace ..im not turning on anyone except the obvious .we are now a laughing stock of u know who ..and its not just the english.we where praised allover for our old trafford performance ,now i await the inevitable ..WE WHERE SHOCKING.

Stats, you sound like Chesney. Stats show we are the worlds number 1 club yet look how far behind we are the very best teams!

Not even slightly relevant. Our success in Scotland has no bearing on our European stature, which is not what it once was. The cold, hard facts are that Valencia have better players than we do, and all the grit and determination and effort in the world won't change that. Now, I agree with you that I'd prefer a noble defeat, with the whole team showing guts and 200% effort, but again I would ask for some perspective. First loss of the season. In ALL competition. Having already played Manchester Fucking United at Old Trafford. And our historic arch enemies at their shitehole. ONE DEFEAT. Give the team a fucking break.

Disappointed, we never really competed, not withstanding two that hit the post, Smith is well out of his depth at this level, offered nothing, sub was to little and far to late. :anguish:

He had 5 million to spend in the summer. Valencia are 400 million in debt. Can some people not see what smith is up against. Football is all about money! Something that Rangers don't have.

I don't get some fans

But, we've performed above expectations already in this Champions League group, much better then some people had thought

Valencia are the 3rd best team from the best footballing league in the world and deserved their win

Agreed (tu)

A culmination of not winning the game at Ibrox and not taking the good chances we created again tonight, whilst being a let down in other departments that we have come to be so strong in makes this a disappointing and frustrating result in the end. I said before the game we would need a bit of luck to get a result, I expected the hard working performances that we have come to expect but we just never got the breaks.

I don't get some fans

Which proves that we are capable of doing so. Frankly, I hate the attitude of saying "we've performed above expectations" because to me it's like making excuses or conceding before the match is even played. Any team, no matter how good, can be beaten. That is the attitude a professional footballer should have.