***The Official Football Manager 2011 Thread***

PaulRFC1

Right, that's where I got to before, mate. Everything you said, then the max bit.

How do I find out what my max is, like what digits do I put in the two boxes?

Thanks, mate.

set it to 3000 and see how it goes.

In both boxes, aye? I think there's a minimum and a maximum one next to the 'Custom' part you wanted me to dot.

if you go to customer the boxes will become white so you can type in them, set both to 3000. it will proberly force them lower if it needs to anyways.

Signings:

Rivaldo - Been pretty shite

Pires - Playing brilliant so far

Jack Grimmer (600k) - just bought him in january transfer window. Looks like hes got a lot of potential

Garra Dembele (1.2m) - Cracking player. Bought him in Jan also.

if you go to customer the boxes will become white so you can type in them, set both to 3000. it will proberly force them lower if it needs to anyways.

That didn't work, mate. I got the exact same error. :(

It pops-up saying I'm dangerously low on memory, then kicks me off completely when it says it's run out of virtual memory.

I managed to get Macheda on loan, loaned Beattie out to Valencia, tried to punt Mcculloch to no avail... about to take on Inter at Ibrox

Valencia?? :lol: i punted him to wigan on loan. Put most of the youngsters out on loan excluding ness whos been pretty good.

That didn't work, mate. I got the exact same error. :(

It pops-up saying I'm dangerously low on memory, then kicks me off completely when it says it's run out of virtual memory.

what to do is then, do Ctrl + Alt + del and then go to View at the top and go to "select Coloumns" and tick the "Virtual Memory Size" box and click OK, it should show you in your processes now how much Virtual memory they are using up. find out what is using it all up and end the process. and u'll know in future what programs not to run in future..

what to do is then, do Ctrl + Alt + del and then go to View at the top and go to "select Coloumns" and tick the "Virtual Memory Size" box and click OK, it should show you in your processes now how much Virtual memory they are using up. find out what is using it all up and end the process. and u'll know in future what programs not to run in future..

Ctrl + Alt + Del, then go to task manager? If I do that, 'View' doesn't give me the option of 'Select Columns', it's 'Refresh Now' or 'Update Speed'.

Thanks for the help, by the way. We'll get there, hopefully!

EDIT Ignore that, I've got it. 'Virtual Memory Size' isn't there, though. Is it under something else?

Valencia?? :lol: i punted him to wigan on loan. Put most of the youngsters out on loan excluding ness whos been pretty good.

Aye, I was a bit surprised, they said he would be backup to their first team and they have an option to buy him if they want him :lol:

Lost 2-0 to inter :( Sitting clear at the top of the league just now, Celtic had a ropey start, decided to attend their match V killie and it was 1-1, killie hit the bar, dominate the game and celtic have just went up the park and scored with 2 attacks :anguish:

I decided to keep all my youngsters bar shinnie who I loaned out. Wylde and Hutton have been regular subs for me so far

Ctrl + Alt + Del, then go to task manager? If I do that, 'View' doesn't give me the option of 'Select Columns', it's 'Refresh Now' or 'Update Speed'.

Thanks for the help, by the way. We'll get there, hopefully!

EDIT Ignore that, I've got it. 'Virtual Memory Size' isn't there, though. Is it under something else?

what windows do you have?

Aye, I was a bit surprised, they said he would be backup to their first team and they have an option to buy him if they want him :lol:

Lost 2-0 to inter :( Sitting clear at the top of the league just now, Celtic had a ropey start, decided to attend their match V killie and it was 1-1, killie hit the bar, dominate the game and celtic have just went up the park and scored with 2 attacks :anguish:

I decided to keep all my youngsters bar shinnie who I loaned out. Wylde and Hutton have been regular subs for me so far

Im sitting 1 point behind Celtic. Still got to play them once more this season though.

Came 3rd in the group stage :anguish: Had a tough group with Chelsea and OM and Lech Poznan (who were the whipping team). Got Man City in the Europa League and beat them 5-1 on aggregate !! absolute shocker !!

Im sitting 1 point behind Celtic. Still got to play them once more this season though.

Came 3rd in the group stage :anguish: Had a tough group with Chelsea and OM and Lech Poznan (who were the whipping team). Got Man City in the Europa League and beat them 5-1 on aggregate !! absolute shocker !!

Was 2 down to Cluj at half time, came out and got 2 goals back, one of them with 10 men after Macheda picked up a 2nd yellow, Lafferty hit the post from an open goal at 2-2 aswell :anguish:

Got my laugh at this:

"With 10 teams in action and 10 goals scored, the best viewing was to be found at Kynoch park where a crowd of 86 witnessed Keith's 2-1 victory over Huntly" :craphead:

Was 2 down to Cluj at half time, came out and got 2 goals back, one of them with 10 men after Macheda picked up a 2nd yellow, Lafferty hit the post from an open goal at 2-2 aswell :anguish:

Got my laugh at this:

"With 10 teams in action and 10 goals scored, the best viewing was to be found at Kynoch park where a crowd of 86 witnessed Keith's 2-1 victory over Huntly" :craphead:

:praise:

Just had my first "Thats why were champions" moment, 1-0 up against Hearts early in the second half, hearts had a goal disallowed in first half, elliot got booked for his protest, then they had an equaliser chopped off and elliot got sent off for another protest then on the 87th minute Hearts equalised, then I went right up the park from kick off and Macheda scored the winner :praise:

Started with Rangers, sold Webster for a million to free up some contract money

Beat Kilmarnock 3-0 goals from :jelavic: :miller: :beattie:

Celtic lost 1-0 to Inverness :lol:

Then I beat Hibs 1-0 goal from :weiss:

Got Barcelona, Werder Bremen and Cluj in the Champions League, and Airdrie in the League Cup

Beat St Johnstone 4-0 :lafferty: :miller: :jelavic: :beattie:

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

I've started off with Madrid, my next save will be Rangers.

Played 12 W11 D1 in the league, scoring 45 goals in the process, including 10 against Malaga.

Reckon I'm gonna sell Kenny, wants too much in wages plus he's old, will stick with Beattie, Lafferty (who's banging them in), Jelavic, Naisy and Fleck, Little etc...

Got Pires and Assulin for that left mid slot.

Edit: It's taken me a 3-3 draw at Pittodrie to remind me why I fuckin' hate primitive versions of FM.

Some decent free transfers at the start

GK Fabian Carini

LB Michael Ball

RB Abubakari Yakubu, Steve Finnan

CB Danny Shittu, Anderson, Jose Goncalves

DMC Berson, Gavin McCann

CM Mozart, Nicola Mingazzini, Nashat Akram

LM/AML Marko Babic

RM/AMR Bernard Mendy

AMC Rivaldo, Denilson, Pires

FC/ST Diego Tristan, Marko Livaja

Only ones i could really check cos iv only got the Scottish leagues loaded and the English leagues on view only

Not the greatest of players but when you start with no money and a small squad a few half decent frees can come in handy, and a couple of them would be worth a couple of million if you only wanted them as a little investment