***The Official Football Manager 2011 Thread***

PaulRFC1

Bet you're following them in real life now too now? :D

Seriously though, good effort mate!

Over the course of what seemed an eternity during RM's crash, things haven't went so well for my Montrose team. :anguish:

I'm sitting in October without a win to my name. Dead bottom. More worryingly, the board have fucked up big time (it wasn't me, honest!).

I asked them to buy the stadium thinking it could only reap benefits. Imagine my face when the board told me they now had to start repaying the loans they'd used to buy the stadium. Yes, Montrose are now in £925k of debt.

I've never encountered this in all my years of FM. Why would they spend money they didn't have!? To make matters worse, they're repaying the debt with more loans. NOT GOOD. :lol:

Another interesting thing happened: one of my stands was shut down by the Health and Safety Inspectorate reducing the seating capacity to 970 seats. I need all the money I can get. :anguish:

To summarise, the ecstasy of promotion was short lived and I'm now facing utter humiliation in the Irn-Bru First Division. Whether the board will show me some loyalty if things keep going as they are, no-one knows. I've possibly fucked up my game anyway with buying the stadium but that's a lesson for another game!

Taking a break just now...just got humped...again.

:lol:

Couldn't get my club badges sorted into the game. =/

I set a game up as Clyde manager, we'll see how that goes.

When I've got time, I'll PM you and help you get them integrated into your game because I had a few problems as well.

When I've got time, I'll PM you and help you get them integrated into your game because I had a few problems as well.

Okay Doke.

I'm sure I downloaded the right one, but it's getting it into the folder and after that and what not. My first FM, so I'm at a loss as to what to do really.

Okay Doke.

I'm sure I downloaded the right one, but it's getting it into the folder and after that and what not. My first FM, so I'm at a loss as to what to do really.

D'awwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Okay Doke.

Get winrar and extract the files to:

Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\graphics\logos

Create any folders that you don't have.

Ingame go to preferences->Display->click reload skin then they should appear.

Get winrar and extract the files to:

Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\graphics\logos

Create any folders that you don't have.

Ingame go to preferences->Display->click reload skin then they should appear.

I'll give that a shot the now.

Just to make sure, what one is it I'll need?

http://www.sortitoutsi.net/forum/topic/24480-fm2011-metallic-logos-megapack/

For the first time in FM, I'm considering resigning if I don't win a game soon. This is embarrassing. No matter how much I change my tactics and my team selection, we can't win.

Way out of depth in the First Division!

EDIT: The game after I say this, we manage to overcome a 2-0 deficit away to Ross County in a game where we were expected to get thumped! 3 goals in the second half - fanfuckingtastic!

27th of October 2012 - Montrose finally get 3 points in the league!

Fucking yas! :D

Buzzing.

Just won the Irn-Bru Second Division with Montrose - favourites to finish dead bottom on their first season up after winning the Irn-Bru Third Division! Won it at home against East Fife, 1-0. I still have 2 games to spare too! Haven't spent a penny. All free transfers and one loan signing for a backup striker who's played once. :D

"Montrose board praise 'unbelievable' promotion"

"Montrose rejoice in promotion success"

I've now been moved into 'Favoured Personnel' at the Club Information tab too. I'm staying with Montrose. With the finances continuing to rise, I managed to convince the board to buy the stadium, so that will be done by May and from there-on-in the Club will continue to rise!

The Gable Endies. :love:

I've always wanted to start a game in the 3rd division and see how far I can go. How did you go about taking Montrose up to the second then first division :lol:? What sort of signings and stuff did you make? Might give it a go some time (tu)

I've always wanted to start a game in the 3rd division and see how far I can go. How did you go about taking Montrose up to the second then first division :lol:? What sort of signings and stuff did you make? Might give it a go some time (tu)

Games like these are always the best. I tried a Rangers game for the second time but it was so boring. No excitement or fun.

Regarding signings, you'll have to scan the already very limited search engine for a club like Montrose for free transfers; however I took three or four gambles on players with masked attributes from smaller countries like Reunion and Martinique where the players were still EU nationals. What a piece of gambling it was! Here are players you should definitely pick up:

Yoann Guichard AMR/ST - 5k compensation but worth it.

Eric Farro AML - Player of the Season 2 years running. Has lost his legs this season, sadly.

Patrick Percin - ST/AMR - Fantastic. End of.

Didier Caro WBL - A standard way above the Third Division.

Those are the four players I took gambles on.

Here are some important players you should be able to get through some negotiations and availability:

Phil Imray GK - Solid goalkeeper.

Michael Whitwell ST/AMR - Scores for fun in the Third Division.

Ibrahim Sissoko DM - Reliable...

Gauthier Mahoto CM - GET MAHOTO IN. :lol: Inverness, Bradford and Motherwell all wanted him last season. They never made any bids eventually.

Benedict Akwuegbu ST - I got majorly lucky with him. He done well for the Second Division but he fades very quickly. I bet Southampton to him though and that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Two other players who will do a job:

Giften Noel-Williams ST - Despite high(ish) wages, he's decent. He's just big and black. Does cunts occasionally.

Laurence Gaughan CB - Bit of a prick though but he's decent.

Bring these players in, play the right tactics, and you'll advance from the Third Division.

*This has made me realise how much of my time I waste playing FM. :lol:*

Massive win against the Jags at Firhill!

Only had 6 shots the whole game to their 15 but snatched and grabbed the victory that moves me off the bottom of the table for the very first time this season - albeit by a solitary point.

This season has been abysmal. My team is way out of its depth and struggling badly. If we're to stay up, it'll be through the relegation Play-Offs with the teams finishing 2nd-4th in the Second Division.

I'm out of all cups, reaching the semis of the Challenge Cup again only to be put out by Dunfermline again, except from the Scottish where I've been tied with Hearts at home. Humiliation awaits.

Come the 1st of January 2013, the table looks like this:

Irn-BruFirstDivisionInformation_LeagueTable.png

Not very promising.