"blooshed poppy" banner

jaffa1975

I don't want to get on my high horse too much about it, but why is this allowed? This season has seen this, and a banner of Ibrox burning with the sectarian slogan 'h*** FC'.

If you somehow got a banner like that into Ibrox, you'd be out the stadium in minutes, probably facing a life ban. Certainly in the last 5yrs, I struggle to recall any controversial banners inside our ground.

We have a club who see our support as the enemy, and a support who have allowed them to get away with it by meekly kow-towing to every edict coming out of the boardroom.

The recent return of TBB to our matches is very welcome and shows that there is a little bit of a backbone there, but we still have a long, long way to go.

It's come to the fore over on VB that the 'Your deeds would shame all the devils in Hell' part of the banner is a lyric from an IRA song.

Yet not a word from this 'decent majority' that I keep hearing Celtic have.....

It's come to the fore over on VB that the 'Your deeds would shame all the devils in Hell' part of the banner is a lyric from an IRA song.

Yet not a word from this 'decent majority' that I keep hearing Celtic have.....

Maybe you shouldn't believe everything that you hear, bud?

A lot of football fans across Britain (and the world) now know what type of club they are. This will hurt them in the long run, I guarantee it.

no it wont unfortunately

you ask a lot of people in most countries around the world, and i bet we have a worse rep than that shower of shite across the city

apart from this time of year, nothing they do is even given space in the media

too many years of bad PR and no fighting our cause has done this :(

Only a minority of people in the uk know the ethos of celtic football club, they are terrorist lovers who hate the country they where born in and long to be irish.

If a paper had the balls btw im not talking about the sun or record. Im talking about a paper that hits middle england. If a paper had the balls to make this front page news on monday morning, it would destroy this fairy tale image ra sellick has!

They're fcuking scumbags. Travelling dangle berry defends them and sometimes he is right because we have our blue tints on. But how can you defend that, the majority of their support has this mentality.

We have a club who see our support as the enemy, and a support who have allowed them to get away with it by meekly kow-towing to every edict coming out of the boardroom.

The recent return of TBB to our matches is very welcome and shows that there is a little bit of a backbone there, but we still have a long, long way to go.

the only reason TBB left is because too many fans believed all the shit stirre up in the papers

apart from a few token gestures to the media from SDM, was anything REALLY done to halt the singing of certain songs by our fans, including TBB

this season especially has seen a few old favs come back into the fold, and not a fucking peep from anyone

we finally called everyones bluff, and it worked

the majority of their support has this mentality.

do they?

apart from the usual keyboard arseholes, and the selection of under 30's in ǝpɐbıɹq uǝǝɹb ǝɥʇ, you may find there is a lot of celtic fans fuming at this shit happening at their club

all the tims in my work were fuming yesterday atboth ǝpɐbıɹq uǝǝɹb ǝɥʇ and celtic for allowing this banner,

do they?

apart from the usual keyboard arseholes, and the selection of under 30's in ǝpɐbıɹq uǝǝɹb ǝɥʇ, you may find there is a lot of celtic fans fuming at this shit happening at their club

all the tims in my work were fuming yesterday atboth ǝpɐbıɹq uǝǝɹb ǝɥʇ and celtic for allowing this banner,

I've not heard one official spokesperson condone the actions of the green bridage.

Which in itself is an utter fucking disgrace.

do they?

Well in my work i was getting called an orange bastard for wearing a poppy, i find they think a like. They have this persecuted, hate british mentality.

Well in my work i was getting called an orange bastard for wearing a poppy, i find they think a like. They have this persecuted, hate british mentality.

Reported, I take it?

That's at least a disciplinary offence.

I've not heard one official spokesperson condone the actions of the green bridage.

Which in itself is an utter fucking disgrace.

official spokesperson isnt the majority of their fans though is it?

it may well be the majority of them do believe this shite that the banner proclaimed, if so then they will look just as fucking bad as ǝpɐbıɹq uǝǝɹb ǝɥʇ

but since the stories of the banner came out, the tims i know in person have been ashamed by it, only people ive seen condone it are the arseholes on the internet

official spokesperson isnt the majority of their fans though is it?

it may well be the majority of them do believe this shite that the banner proclaimed, if so then they will look just as fucking bad as ǝpɐbıɹq uǝǝɹb ǝɥʇ

but since the stories of the banner came out, the tims i know in person have been ashamed by it, only people ive seen condone it are the arseholes on the internet

My problem is that I don't actually believe the majority of Celt*c fans are fuming about it.

Sure, they say they are in public to toe the party line, but in private I think the majority agree with it.

the only reason TBB left is because too many fans believed all the shit stirre up in the papers

apart from a few token gestures to the media from SDM, was anything REALLY done to halt the singing of certain songs by our fans, including TBB

this season especially has seen a few old favs come back into the fold, and not a fucking peep from anyone

we finally called everyones bluff, and it worked

Murray did a deal with McConnell in exchange for his knighthood. He was aided and abetted by the various fan organisations, each and every one of them with a vested interest in keeping him onside.

Oh, and can I just say this without starting a new thread;

See when people ask the question 'would you play for Celtic', and I say no, this is exactly why. No amount of money in the world would get me in front of those scumbags.

Reported, I take it?

That's at least a disciplinary offence.

No papa, rightly or wrongly the way ive been brought up is to deal with things myself. The point i was making is that all tims i encounter have this same hatred of the poppy some are more vocal than others.

My problem is that I don't actually believe the majority of Celt*c fans are fuming about it.

Sure, they say they are in public to toe the party line, but in private I think the majority agree with it.

if in private they have this viewpoint, then thats up to them, they arent offending anyone by keeping it private

if they want to toe the party line in public, then surely that is acceptable in a way?

No papa, rightly or wrongly the way ive been brought up is to deal with things myself. The point i was making is that all tims i encounter have this same hatred of the poppy some are more vocal than others.

This is the whole 'dignified silence' thing I go on about.

If anyone in work called me an OB, outside of the group of tims I've known long enough that are happy to be called fenian scum, then I'd have them reported straight away.

Fire with fire.

if in private they have this viewpoint, then thats up to them, they arent offending anyone by keeping it private

if they want to toe the party line in public, then surely that is acceptable in a way?

Not for me, no.

Not got a paper today nor am i reading the full thread, but im going to be naive enough to ask, has this been reported?

I reported it to several news papers last night, with the picture enclosed, as did a few others.