Salim Kerkar in squad to face Kilmarnock

I don't want to build up this guy's importance before we actually see him in action, but with injuries piling up now, he could be a valuable squad member. Yet, for some reason we can't get a piece of paper from the French FA to say he can play for us!

Rangers have failed to receive international clearance to play Salim Kerkar, stretching their resources further ahead of Aberdeen's visit.

Manager Walter Smith says he will have a "bench full of kids" for Saturday's Scottish Premier League game.

Algerian winger Kerkar has agreed a deal until the end of the season after leaving French club Gueugnon.

But documentation required from the French Football Association has not arrived on time for him to play.

Kerkar's hopes of completing his move appeared to have died after Gueugnon demanded £300,000 in compensation, but this month the saga seemed to have ended when Rangers announced he had signed until the end of the season.

Rangers are already without Sasa Papac, Maurice Edu, James Beattie, Andy Webster and Nikica Jelavic through injury, while Richard Foster is unavailable under the terms of his loan agreement from Aberdeen.

o.gif

And, despite still leading the SPL, the reigning champions go into the game against a side that has had a traumatic week of their own with only one win in their last four outings.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/9186147.stm

Surely Smith must see something in the guy to make him put up with all this shit otherwise he'd have pulled the plug ages ago. Hopefully something can get done about this, because I couldn't see the likes of Man Utd, Barca or Milan getting treated like this????

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just be thankful there wasn't a Jelavic-sized thread on him! :D

As you state, his signing does seem to be seen as important to Rangers. Let's hope he can live up to the expectation that will be put on his shoulders.

Smith's comment about "a bench full of kids" shows that he has little intention of freshening things up, and that he doesn't rate them very highly. That should help build their confidence! :rolleyes:

Just be thankful there wasn't a Jelavic-sized thread on him! :D

As you state, his signing does seem to be seen as important to Rangers. Let's hope he can live up to the expectation that will be put on his shoulders.

Smith's comment about "a bench full of kids" shows that he has little intention of freshening things up, and that he doesn't rate them very highly. That should help build their confidence! :rolleyes:

how have you come to the conclusion he dont rate them highly by saying we have a bench full oh kids <cr> sounds like he is saying as it is, your just a negative chunt when it comes to him and find fault in most things regarding him

how have you come to the conclusion he dont rate them highly by saying we have a bench full oh kids <cr> sounds like he is saying as it is, your just a negative chunt when it comes to him and find fault in most things regarding him

They are professional football players and should be treated as such. If a player is good enough, their age shouldn't come into it. I'll give my opinion, yes, and having been around throughout Smith's managerial career, it is plain to see that he has a blind spot towards young players.

If you don't agree, debate the point, instead of just calling me a negative cunt! (tu)

They are professional football players and should be treated as such. If a player is good enough, their age shouldn't come into it. I'll give my opinion, yes, and having been around throughout Smith's managerial career, it is plain to see that he has a blind spot towards young players.

If you don't agree, debate the point, instead of just calling me a negative cunt! (tu)

debate it? how the fekk can you come to the conclusion by him saying "we have a bench full of kids" thats what you have said so elighten me, or should we just throw all the kids on and maybe get beat by the sheep, fill them with confidence that way, you know how much effort the sheep put in but im right you always look to put the boot in somehow, whats to debate?

lol age shouldnt come into it, how old is walter? he most likely calls a fair few folk kids

weiss

thomson

lafferty

naismith

gatousso

moore

murray

mcgregor

adam

burke

hutton

fleck

just some of the young players bought and developed by smith

name me the players who smith never gave a chance to who went on to prove him wrong.

weiss

thomson

lafferty

naismith

gatousso

moore

murray

mcgregor

adam

burke

hutton

fleck

name me the players who smith never gave a chance to who went on to prove him wrong.

A fair chunk of this is nonsense.

He's wasting Weiss on the wrong side, he has not used Fleck and Adam - as much as I don't like him - well enough and arguably only brought him in when he did cause of the RST shit, burke was Eck and Thomson came from Hibs and McGregor was Walter?

great input.

He's wasting Weiss on the wrong side, he has not used Fleck and Adam - as much as I don't like him - well enough and arguably only brought him in when he did cause of the RST shit, burke was Eck and Thomson came from Hibs and McGregor was Walter?

he played all the players you mention and played them plenty.

he even bought one you mention ffs. some will even play today.

i am still waiting to hear about all these superstars he ignored.

brian mcginty perhaps. daren fitzgerald.

their are others to go on my list of course presley, greg shields even. big dunk colin scott.

care to expand on that boab

what happened to the spanish wonderkid most on here wanted to play every game........niguez i think his name was

what spanish teams he with..... barca.......real madrid........ answers on a postcard

I did, I edited (tu)

Coisty rated him:

'It's a little bit unfortunate we haven't seen more of him and there is no doubt we (the management team) are probably to blame in that respect,' he added.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1150644/Rangers-hope-Aaron-flash-pan.html#ixzz15AKRK8Z1

Coisty is on record as saying he is/was the best left midfielder at the club.

Perhaps Walter is the reticent one in regards to youngsters.

I did, I edited (tu)

Coisty rated him:

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1150644/Rangers-hope-Aaron-flash-pan.html#ixzz15AKRK8Z1

who is he playing for right now?

maybe walter knows more than me, you and coisty put together

i agree with gunslinger theres not 1 that i can think of that has left and went on to better himself

I did, I edited (tu)

Coisty rated him:

and where is he now?

perhaps walter is the one who knows a player when he sees one.

weiss - on loan - Stuck him on the left wing.

thomson - 22. How did he progress under Smith compared to what he had done at Hibs?

lafferty - Priceless. :D

naismith - 21. See Thomson.

gatousso - Good buy, but Smith left after his first season.

moore - Good buy.

murray - Decent squad player

mcgregor - Already at the club.

adam - Holloway and Blackpool have transformed his career and fitness and belly...

burke - What major role did Smith play in his career?

hutton - Already good before injury. Smith probably helped to regain confidence.

fleck - Sitting on the sidelines as McCulloch pretends to be a midfielder.

Not a 100% disaster, but I never said it was.

who is he playing for right now?

maybe walter knows more than me, you and coisty put together

i agree with gunslinger theres not 1 that i can think of that has left and went on to better himself

the walter and youngsters thing is a myth pepetuated by walter bashers and repeated by people who dont bother thinking about things they just like the sound of them.

hes ruining weiss on the left is he. perhaps hes making the lad by making him stronger on his weak side.

perhaps weiss is like every other winger in the universe who plays with his strong for on the inside in the modern game. at least on occasion.

as for rooney i dont believe walter had much to do with his development ace.

ask pistone about walter and young players.

ask rino.

when scotland played italy i saw both run up the steps to hug walter.