Barca seal Afellay deal

Also, Alacantara looks a fantastic player of what I've seem from the odd videos. Looks like a Xavi and Ronaldiniho moulded into one. Will be interesting to see when he breaks onto the stage (tu)

Starting to get more playing time this season, always going to be hard with the players ahead of him.

Was great seeing him get his first Barca goal last year and hopefully he can build on his six appearances so far this season.

A few other youngsters I think will make it big such as Bartra, Nolito, Roberto and Romeu. Arsenal have been trying to snatch the latter.

Apparently Zubizarreta, Barca Sporting Director, drew up a list of six targets over the next 2 years; Afellay, Cesc, Pastore, Llorente, Suarez, and Bale.

I would be very surprised if they sign more than 2 of those players(already have 1)

I don't see were Cesc and Pastore fit in.

They will certainly battle it out with Real for Llorente, can't see them going for Suarez as that would be three strikers for one position.

Bale seems to be linked with everyone these days, but were does he play and fit in for Barcelona?

Team is far too attacking...does not have the correct balance, good team on paper but would get found out defensively.

Only Puyol and Pique are defensive minded players and even Pique likes to go forward.

If you watch Barcelona regularly you will see their foundations and success come through having a holding player mopping up such as Busquets/Toure. The left back is nowhere near as offensive as Daniel Alves on the right and if it's Maxwell, Adriano or Abidal they are more conservative.

Bale was woeful at left back and left wing is clearly his position, I don't think he would fit in at Barcelona at all with their current system.

Iniesta needs to be more forward, don't think Pastore is ready to play for a big club yet.

I am a massive fan of Llorente but I don't think he is suited to Barcelona's style, Villa is the perfect striker for that role and for me he should be there as he is the best striker in the world.

I believe Barcelona have the perfect starting 11 with the system they use due to the balance Alves, Busquets and Maxwell give them. Pedro would possibly get replaced but I think himself and Messi have an excellent connection and are perfect for each other's game.

Valdes

Alves Puyol Pique Maxwell

Busquets

Xavi Iniesta

Messi Villa Pedro

Pastore couldn't be any more ready.

He's been fucking unbelievable this season.

Totally disagree.

Palermo and Pastore have not been too good this season. They have lost numerous games this year and he has failed to shine.

Had a good game at the weekend against an average Catania team, the week before he was awful against Milan and rightly subbed early on.

He has failed to deliver in Europa League and against both Milan clubs, nowhere near ready for Barcelona.

Has potential but needs to add more goals and create more for his team mates.