An on-the-pavement lecture from 'The Legend'

CanadianBacon

Following on from a recent "threat" (move, or else) by the new Rangers Head Of Insecurity, I was subjected to a similar bit of verbal hassle by John Legend, M.B.E., last weekend who, having just appeared at my shoulder whilst I was in mid-conversation with a friend, took it upon himself to tell me to move away from his statue because, quote, "It's disrespectful" end quote.

"Legend" stated that I should move away from the area where the statue stands because, well............I'm not sure really, other than the "disrespectful" line I can't think of any other reason he gave.

I asked how I was being disrespectful, but no answer was forthcoming.

So, first Robocop now "Legend".

Who next?

:(

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's disappointing when one of your heroes does that to a Bear.

I could have repeated what I told Robocop some weeks ago, that I'd been at that same spot for 16/17 years or more - that I was there before they placed the memorial there - a memorial that's in the wrong place - but what was the point?

John Legend, M.B.E., a magnificent servant to the club as a player (an idol of mine at the time), but as a person - an ignorant man.

I've put a big picture of myself up in the hall,and I hate it when people stand around it at parties.

I'm always having to move them into the kitchen.

Do the people in question stand around your picture smoking cigarettes, or taking photos of their friends below your picture, or throw scarves up onto your picture?

You should consider moving your picture to a hall closet and let your friends stand where they are.

:sherlock:

My auld Granny was always full of quotes and sayings, as most Grannies are and one of her most favoured was; "There's always two sides to a story!"

It would be mighty interesting to hear the other side to this story....does anybody else find it ironic that the man uttering the word "Disrespectful" was himself being Direspectful to a loyal Bear for no apparent reason?

I find that rather appalling, to be quite honest.

I agree. Some of the standards have dropped by a mile.

This story reminds me of the one when under Advocaat, Ally and Walter were refused entry to the Player's Lounge after the game because they didn't have a ticket.

It should be gutted from top to bottom.

The place is filled to the brim with Taigs and Rangers-haters at every level.

Totally shocking and he has no right or indeed jurisdiction to tell you to move on you are on a public right of way at the end of the day. And as for it being 'his statue', aye it may very well be him on the plinth but that statue is to honours the victims of the 3 Ibrox disasters. He should remember that and get off his high horse. I suspect Mr Martin has had a word in his ear perhaps thinking you would be more receptive to a request from a Rangers legend, although Greigs legendary status is diminishing by the day.

Totally shocking and he has no right or indeed jurisdiction to tell you to move on you are on a public right of way at the end of the day. And as for it being 'his statue', aye it may very well be him on the plinth but that statue is to honours the victims of the 3 Ibrox disasters. He should remember that and get off his high horse. I suspect Mr Martin has had a word in his ear perhaps thinking you would be more receptive to a request from a Rangers legend, although Greigs legendary status is diminishing by the day.

I disagree - I think that Robocop was urged to have a "chat" with me at Legend's behest. Said legend has, over the course of the years, spoke to Rangers programme sellers requesting in his ham-fisted way that they move away from the statue.

One girl in particular would happily shove a box of said programmes up his Edinburgh jacksie. She is, after all, only standing where her employers say she should stand.

You couldn't make it up.

As stated - as a player he was indeed a legend, but as a person, you'll struggle to meet a more ignorant individual than him.

I disagree - I think that Robocop was urged to have a "chat" with me at Legend's behest. Said legend has, over the course of the years, spoke to Rangers programme sellers requesting in his ham-fisted way that they move away from the statue.

One girl in particular would happily shove a box of said programmes up his Edinburgh jacksie. She is, after all, only standing where her employers say she should stand.

You couldn't make it up.

As stated - as a player he was indeed a legend, but as a person, you'll struggle to meet a more ignorant individual than him.

I'm reliably informed that Sandy Jardine gives him a run for his money in the ignorant bastard stakes.....

Do the people in question stand around your picture smoking cigarettes, or taking photos of their friends below your picture, or throw scarves up onto your picture?

You should consider moving your picture to a hall closet and let your friends stand where they are.

:sherlock:

No, the disrespectful fckrs insist in selling partygoer-zines. :pipe:

On the subject of the statue, whose idea was it to have John Greig on the statue? Given he was manager and also was heavily involved in the rebuilding of Ibrox, should it not be Willie Waddell in the plinth?

On that point, there can't be too many statues that are erected whilst the individual in question is still living.

That alone should have put Waddell to the fore.

I remember thinking that at the time. It is very strange, unless your name is Saddam.

Who did he play for mate? I'm usually abreast of all the players in world football, but I think this one might have bombed out.

Who did he play for mate? I'm usually abreast of all the players in world football, but I think this one might have bombed out.

Apparently he played for 20 clubs, all at the same time and represented Iraq in the "mother of all games" against the USA. He was also instumental in Movember where all his lookalikes grew moustaches in honour of the Marsh Kurds who were partial to a gas related illness. His career came to a premature end with a sudden and serious neck injury. P2 W0 D0 L2

Apparently he played for 20 clubs, all at the same time and represented Iraq in the "mother of all games" against the USA. He was also instumental in Movember where all his lookalikes grew moustaches in honour of the Marsh Kurds who were partial to a gas related illness. His career came to a premature end with a sudden and serious neck injury. P2 W0 D0 L2

Ah! Now I remember the guy...he had a moustache like Graeme Souness on steroids and he apparently struck fear into all he played against until one day he played on a pitch that was a bit too sand covered for his own good.

From memory, his last shot at immortality went through the relegation trapdoor when he got fitted for a neck tie where he just hung around for a while then disappeared from sight. :sherlock:

One assumes the OP has investigated his right to stand where he stands and has checked with the council exactly whose land he pitches on?

That being the case one would also assume that the next time someone from the club acts the prick he can answer them with facts (as he may have done already)

One assumes the OP has investigated his right to stand where he stands and has checked with the council exactly whose land he pitches on?

That being the case one would also assume that the next time someone from the club acts the prick he can answer them with facts (as he may have done already)

The OP has done that. As have the various flag and scarf sellers who have Council approved vendor badges to stand "exactly" where they stand. Some just yards from me and on the very same council-owned pavement.

The OP has had this conversation with several different groups in the past - Rangers FC employees, Rock Steady (remember them?) and now this 'Leg-end".

Indeed, on one memorable occasion a Plod Sgt came over whilst I was in mid discussion with the Cock Unsteady crew some years ago and basically told them that, as I was not standing on Rangers property and was, in his words, "On the Queen's Highway" (no prizes for guessing which team he supports) that they should piss off and leave me alone.

They did - but as the guard changes every few years this one keeps surfacing.

At the end of the day Murray is behind pretty much all that happens on his watch at Ibrox. The fanzine sellers and the flag sellers, he thinks, bite into his profits (Note: not Rangers profits) so he has a quiet word with this employee, or that Edinburgh-born "Leg-end" and the whole shooting match starts again.

I'm not for shifting and they can go and take a running fuck to themselves if they think I am.

By the way - Murray is a cunt, "Legend" is an ignoramus and Randy Lardbin is a Polis grass.

;)

The OP has done that. As have the various flag and scarf sellers who have Council approved vendor badges to stand "exactly" where they stand. Some just yards from me and on the very same council-owned pavement.

The OP has had this conversation with several different groups in the past - Rangers FC employees, Rock Steady (remember them?) and now this 'Leg-end".

Indeed, on one memorable occasion a Plod Sgt came over whilst I was in mid discussion with the Cock Unsteady crew some years ago and basically told them that, as I was not standing on Rangers property and was, in his words, "On the Queen's Highway" (no prizes for guessing which team he supports) that they should piss off and leave me alone.

They did - but as the guard changes every few years this one keeps surfacing.

At the end of the day Murray is behind pretty much all that happens on his watch at Ibrox. The fanzine sellers and the flag sellers, he thinks, bite into his profits (Note: not Rangers profits) so he has a quiet word with this employee, or that Edinburgh-born "Leg-end" and the whole shooting match starts again.

I'm not for shifting and they can go and take a running fuck to themselves if they think I am.

By the way - Murray is a cunt, "Legend" is an ignoramus and Randy Lardbin is a Polis grass.

One did think the OP would have all the bases covered given that he has been there since "the beginning" ;)