What if we did get a pile of £s off the proposed new owner.

pcbear

I'm quite enjoying the relative stability at the club and the promising youngsters coming to the fore, i think we have a more than decent core of players, a few quality additions would be more than welcome, but please please a big no to Advocaats supermarket sweep policy.

Man City for all their untold riches and mega paid/hyped "superstars" are miles away from being a quality side, and in my humble opinion i reckon we would beat them as often as they would beat us, i know even if the guy buys Rangers our tranfer targets will be well removed from City's, but chucking money at a club dont often work long term.

1st_Jan_1994 pretty much said the same in another thread,totally agree.

We don't need to spend crazy money to be SPL Champions...however...we should be looking to get as far as in the Champions League as possible.

So i would be delighted with a few quality signings to do this,The Tore Andre Flo days are over though and rightly so.

Let be honest here, we arent expecting anyone to come in and pump £100Million into a SPL team but if someone with money does come into the club (I wouldnt expect someone broke to take over the club), then we should be looking at buying more Bougherras, Jelavic's and Davis of the world

If we are talking £25m over 5 years, it not much more than we've spent over the last 5 years

actually its a hell of alot LESS than we have spent in the last 5 years (tu) it shows that they are men with a plan (hopefully) to stabilize the club and make damn sure we dont end up in this state again

I'm quite enjoying the relative stability at the club and the promising youngsters coming to the fore, i think we have a more than decent core of players, a few quality additions would be more than welcome, but please please a big no to Advocaats supermarket sweep policy.

Man City for all their untold riches and mega paid/hyped "superstars" are miles away from being a quality side, and in my humble opinion i reckon we would beat them as often as they would beat us, i know even if the guy buys Rangers our tranfer targets will be well removed from City's, but chucking money at a club dont often work long term.

So you dont want tevez and David Silva in

I'll go tell Mr Whyte that then :craphead: :craphead:

If we have a new owner Walter may even do a u turn and miraculously want to stay :sherlock:.

TBH I can understand why he would want to go out at the top and increased funds would certainly help that ... I also feel that deep down he perhaps wants to walk away this time rather than be pushed.

Of course the new owner may want to try a different direction and if anyone should worry about developments it's probably Ally

I don't think anyone is saying that they don't want to see new faces but i just think we need to go down the same sort of Avenue we have been this season Quality over Quantity just because we can doesn't mean we should.

1 or 2 quality players added per season with the club giving some of the young lads a chance to prove there worth as well thats what i would like to see.