Andy Devlin thoughts on the takeover - Real Radio there

1st_Jan_1994

Sorry if I should have posted this in the takeover thread, I just thought a separate thread would be better.

Some interesting thoughts.

- he reckons it's more than 70/30 in favour of it happening and before Xmas too.

- lots more credibility than the Ellis bid.

- Murray approached Whyte.

- Walter Smith will have 7 million to spend in Jan.

- he may or may not want McCoist as next manager.

- 25 million invested in the team over 5 seasons.

Some of it has already been said, but Devlin sounded more than confident.

Thought it was interesting what he was saying.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

'he may or may not want McCoist as next manager.'

Well, that clears that up, then.

Your missing the point a bit, he's just dropping a hint that McCoist being the next manager is not set in stone if he takes over. Read it whatever way you want.

Never heard of him. He's pretty much just altered some of the points already mentioned.

Why, at this stage, would any possible buyer mention the sort of money the manager would have to spend?

'he may or may not want McCoist as next manager'. A two year old could have come up with that. End of the day, these journalist's know just as much as we do - fcuk all.

Your missing the point a bit, he's just dropping a hint that McCoist being the next manager is not set in stone if he takes over. Read it whatever way you want.

I don't think Ally McCoist taking over has ever been a certainty.

Never heard of him. He's pretty much just altered some of the points already mentioned.

Why, at this stage, would any possible buyer mention the sort of money the manager would have to spend?

'he may or may not want McCoist as next manager'. A two year old could have come up with that. End of the day, these journalist's know just as much as we do - fcuk all.

OK then, just ignore it all !!

Thought the ones not listening might be interested.

I think it was under the present ownership, pretty much.

Always felt it depends on what happens this season. I don't want McCoist to take over, even if we win the league. Finish 2nd and I'd be even more against it.

7 million? Could get a good right back for that and a centre back

I'm of the opinion that we should stick to being prudent so I would expect a hell of a lot more than a right back and a centre half for seven million.

We ended up in the shit financially because we spent outwith our means for a number of years and now we finally have a decent wage cap and we have been careful when picking our targets/signings.

I hope that doesn't change any time soon because I think we are actually operating better than we were a few years ago in that regard.

I'm of the opinion that we should stick to being prudent so I would expect a hell of a lot more than a right back and a centre half for seven million.

We ended up in the shit financially because we spent outwith our means for a number of years and now we finally have a decent wage cap and we have been careful when picking our targets/signings.

I hope that doesn't change any time soon because I think we are actually operating better than we were a few years ago in that regard.

And get away from signing over-the-hill, injury prone duds, and expensive unproven players...

A proper business plan is reqd from whoever takes over.

One thing that I'd do....

If I had my way I'd change who RFC banks with and take the business elsewhere. Not saying things aren't better now than they where a few yrs back but I don't think lloyds have helped as much as they could have in the really bad times. I digress...

But I'd defo bank with someone else

Sorry if I should have posted this in the takeover thread, I just thought a separate thread would be better.

Some interesting thoughts.

- he reckons it's more than 70/30 in favour of it happening and before Xmas too.

- lots more credibility than the Ellis bid.

- Murray approached Whyte.

- Walter Smith will have 7 million to spend in Jan.

- he may or may not want McCoist as next manager.

- 25 million invested in the team over 5 seasons.

Some of it has already been said, but Devlin sounded more than confident.

Thought it was interesting what he was saying.

sounds promising thanks for posting.