Do We Really Need More Than 5 Million a Year?

BlueSuedeSambas

Obviously it's all just speculation and conjecture at the moment, but I've seen quite a few people airing their concerns at how small the rumoured financial input is going to be.

Surely I'm not the only person who thinks it's more than enough for us to not only operate, but also continue to improve with?

depends on the state of the team whenever the current millions speculated about appear

right now it can easily be argued that we would need 10million to purchase players good enough for our seasonal european campaigns

plus unless the youngsters turn out good, we would need depth to the squad also

If spent wisely, then 5 million is enough.

We would have to push the boat out above that now and again for a Jelavic, Davis, Bougherra, Miller type player if they became available to maintain a spine but generally, 5 million is enough imo.

If spent wisely, then 5 million is enough.

We would have to push the boat out above that now and again for a Jelavic, Davis, Bougherra, Miller type player if they became available to maintain a spine but generally, 5 million is enough imo.

We would need around 7 million a year to keep the same quality as we have now. Less if we can keep current players with renewing their contracts.

We have a squad worth around 28 million, a squad which is out of contract or too old every 4 years, 7 million a year to replace.

Without the CL we simply do not have this money, more like 700k.

We need things to change.

Pretty similar thoughts to me guys.

If you took our important players just now and sold every single one of them: McGregor, Bougherra, Davis, Naismith, Jelavic, Edu, Miller then we would make a massive, massive profit on what we paid for them (I know we McGregor came through the youth system)

If the manager is careful and picks his signings carefully, just like they have been forced to do this Summer, then we could add two or three players every Summer who could then be sold for a profit two or three years down the line.

If we can make a habit of doing that then 5 million is easily enough to keep us at the top of the pile in the SPL and competitive in Europe.

Initially we might need a little bit more to ensure we get the squad number back up to the early to mid twenties, but 5 million a year sounds completly reasonable to me.

You just have to look at the first team

Miller

Papac

Weir

All out of contract and first picks in the starting XI, could they be replaced with 5 million?

A centre half, a striker and a left back.

The season after Bougherra, Naismith, Davis etc

We need to tie everyone down asap and use any funds to buy younger players of real quality that can push for a first team place.

£5mill spent wisely could bring us 2 top players look at Boogie £2.5mill and Cuellar £2.3mill for example. Or a Jelavic and possibly a good young prospect.

Time has come to develop our own player along with supplementing that with a couple of top class players brought in at reasonable prices.

You just have to look at the first team

Miller

Papac

Weir

All out of contract and first picks in the starting XI, could they be replaced with 5 million?

A centre half, a striker and a left back.

The season after Bougherra, Naismith, Davis etc

We need to tie everyone down asap and use any funds to buy younger players of real quality that can push for a first team place.

They were bought for 2.7 million, combined.

Although I think the £5 million being reported is nothing but guess work I would imagine it would be personal investment. On top of that would be champions league money and club income through ticket/merchandise sales would it not?? With the debt being wiped out then would this kind of money be made available for transfers? I have no idea how the club finanances itself, so am just saying this off the top of my head. All of this being of course if the takeover happens.

Silly nitpicking. Its obviously not going to be the same every year.

And we also need more players than we have right now.

What about next year Bougherra, Naismith, Davis etc.

Whats the total there?

How's it silly nit picking? the point people are making that if invested wisely, then 5 million is enough.

If there's an initial investment in three or four players to get the squad size bulked to a suitable level for a team vying for four competitions a season then 5million per year (if that's net) is more than enough.

We have a team full of winners so there doesn't need to be an overhaul that requires 15-20million. And we should be looking to keep that level of consistency going.

We should be looking to blood our own players with a couple of signings each year to bolster the squad and freshen it up a little.

The main thing for me though is we get in a position where we are debt free and not in a vulnerable position re teams from England being interested in our players.

I wonder what ally mccoist will be like in the transfer market? Smith has bought sum shitters in his time here and sum great ones! Usually the more expensive are the bigger flops. Big Kyle still hasn't shown why we paid nearly 4 million for him, even if you watched his best ever rangers performance you wouldn't say you were watching a player anywhere near that figure.