Bring back this banner!

No, there are some Rangers fans who actually care about being 2nd best again with no signs of genuine improvement on the horizon. At the same time they are fed up being villified week after week by a media who can write and say what they want without sanction from our chairman.

Please name another Rangers Chairman that has delivered as many delivered as many trophies in the same time scale ? 2nd best you say were you even around during the 60`s and tims 9 in a row and European cup victory! and now your telling me were having it bad :lol::lol::lol:

Vilified if we behave ourselves they would have nothing to print it’s real that simple and they would have to seek their stories else where

It's been 10 years since SDM delivered regular success to our club and still some fans want to remember these times as if they are yesterday. I'd suggest they are the embarrassing ones for basing their thoughts on an era long gone.

No team has the right of continual success not even Man U who even had the pleasure of being relegated. I am in no way embarrassed nor do I have a short term memory in fact I would say it possibly has better recall than your, but then again I have no axe to grind and nothing to gain in making my fellow supports disgruntled during this rebuilding period .

So to sum up seen it all at least twice and bought several T shirts along the way.

reckon the 60's and dims 9 in a row were bad times but that was purely from a footbal view, the way things are today we face a bigger challenge off the field than on it.As we've seen after the arrival of walter the football side can change quite quickly and imo the team will put up a more consistent challenge next year.What worries me more than the team is how we as a club and fans are dealing with the constant shit that keeps flying our way, I for one will always be grateful to murray for the good times he gave us (too many to mention ;) ) but feel his continued silence will erode all that good and he will be remembered more for allowing this proud club to be dragged down by journalists and people with hidden agenda's .Some fans are not helping with the singing of banned songs but ffs when i was a kid the old rhyme "sticks and stones" was forever being told, yes i know these days that way of thinking aint quite PC but havent we taken all this a bit far and pc is now bordering on the ridiculous (doob)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why some fans won't accept ANY criticism of David Murray.

I'm hardly his fiercest critic - I just want better leadership and defence of the people who are the ONLY folk investing into our club. Certainly he and his board members are not providing that right now.

I've said it a hundred times before and I'll say it again here. SDM has done a fantastic amount for Rangers and the success he helped bring to our club in the 1990s means he'll always be a legend in the vast majority of fans eyes - including mine. However, it's been going on 10 years since those days and since then success has been sporadic, falling away to nothing and mistakes have become greater and greater.

Add that to the fact he does not want to be here any more, then criticism - constructive if possible - is more than fair given the last 2 years especially. I know that he accepts that himself so why don't some bears?

The simple fact is the quicker SDM goes the better for our club. I'd like to see him stay on the board as I still think he can contribute stuff from afar. In effect he's semi-retired anyway so not that much would change other than perhaps having a new owner and chairman who is hungry, who is ambitious and who won't accept the slurs in the media no matter how petty.

Surely, that's not too much to ask?

Nobody gives Murray the credit for turning the Club round when he brought in Souness; and for rebuilding the ground.

we are in danger of giving these people exactly what they want, higher exposure and the satisfaction of winding us up. they are the immature ones, they are the biased and yes i suppose in some cases bigoted ones, but they are what passes for a media here. guess what? the media is not an isolated body, exising in some state of stasis without regard to what happens in society in general. in fact, quite the opposite as they are hyper senstitive to changed in opinion about such things as gay rights or the smoking ban. in short, we create the media we get. is ours crap, untrustworthy, mendacious and small minded? most certainly, but in all honesty if you were asked to sum up scottish society as a whole most of those attributes would fit nicely.

i guess what i'm trying to say is that frankly, we are pissing into the wind here. i objected to gerry mcnee's bouncy nonsense because it was imo beyond the pale, but to get all worked up about every incident reduces the value of protest. remember the tims and their paranoia? if we shout and shout eventually people will stop listening. we must be selective in what we choose to highlight and not fall into a knee jerk reaction to every little thing. the remark about the ibrox disaster is tasteless in the extreme and the editor should have cut it out, but i guess that shows his morals are suspect, his judgement is poor and he's not up to the task - qualities all too familiar to anyone who has tried to book a doctor's appointment, hire a plumber, phone a call centre. put it like this - since most services here are more or less incompetent why are we surprised the media is also?

i would, qute frankly, be more concerned about an ambulance service that leaves people seriously ill for hours at a time than some useless hack who failed to make it on the national papers and spends his years venting his spleen at a football club.

No-one is saying we take the creme puff with every instance of petty reporting. Just that we have a more pro-active PR remit which, like Celtic have achieved, will mean these stories will not appear in the first place.

That's not too much to ask yet every other day the s-word is used to associate our fans with bigotry. That, is propaganda, Hitler would be proud of and we ignore it at our peril.

All the more astonishing then that you can make a statement like that calling such comment either petty or a no story....when it seeks to makes humour out of those who were less fortunate than you that day.

Life is for living and not being stuck in the past yes it will always be with me at the back of my mind just ticking away and should I forget I still have the scar on my right shin and the twinges when the weather is damp and my ankle stiffens ankle . Therefore do not give me any lessons on how to live my life or how I should conduct it , please take your sanctimony and give it to some one more gullible .

Guest orangpendek

but we must remember - all the journalists in the world cannot do us any material damage if we do not sing what we are now not allowed to. it genuinely is that simple. sure they will have a go at us, and probably print lies but we can either ignore or deny them. the only people who can cause actual, financial or sporting harm to rangers fc are the fans themselves.

I'm hardly his fiercest critic - I just want better leadership and defence of the people who are the ONLY folk investing into our club. Certainly he and his board members are not providing that right now.

I've said it a hundred times before and I'll say it again here. SDM has done a fantastic amount for Rangers and the success he helped bring to our club in the 1990s means he'll always be a legend in the vast majority of fans eyes - including mine. However, it's been going on 10 years since those days and since then success has been sporadic, falling away to nothing and mistakes have become greater and greater.

Add that to the fact he does not want to be here any more, then criticism - constructive if possible - is more than fair given the last 2 years especially. I know that he accepts that himself so why don't some bears?

The simple fact is the quicker SDM goes the better for our club. I'd like to see him stay on the board as I still think he can contribute stuff from afar. In effect he's semi-retired anyway so not that much would change other than perhaps having a new owner and chairman who is hungry, who is ambitious and who won't accept the slurs in the media no matter how petty.

Nobody gives Murray the credit for turning the Club round when he brought in Souness; and for rebuilding the ground.

:rolleyes:

but we must remember - all the journalists in the world cannot do us any material damage if we do not sing what we are now not allowed to. it genuinely is that simple. sure they will have a go at us, and probably print lies but we can either ignore or deny them. the only people who can cause actual, financial or sporting harm to rangers fc are the fans themselves.

Yes, of course the ultimate responsibility lies with us. No-one denies that 100% fact.

But, we are acting extremely hard to change that. Yet the attacks still come DAY after DAY on issues that are NOT sectarian. That does causes harm as the neutrals who read it believe it. As such, when the Sash/Bouncy is sung next year complaints will be made and because no-one has sought clarification on certain songs, the SFA/SPL will give into the complaints and fine us for nothing. Then they'll take points off us. Then UEFA will close a stand.

That would be understandable if it happened to other teams as well. But, the biased media coverage where only our problems are reported has shown that won't happen.

It's not just a case of a few petty articles. It's our club's future.

Much as I would like to give SDM the credit for turning the Club round and bringing in Souness I think you`ll find the Master builder who laid the corner stone and brought in Souness was David Holmes

Much as I would like to give SDM the credit for turning the Club round and bringing in Souness I think you`ll find the Master builder who laid the corner stone and brought in Souness was David Holmes

2lcntps.jpg

Another catch for DS.

Yes, of course the ultimate responsibility lies with us. No-one denies that 100% fact.

But, we are acting extremely hard to change that. Yet the attacks still come DAY after DAY on issues that are NOT sectarian. That does causes harm as the neutrals who read it believe it. As such, when the Sash/Bouncy is sung next year complaints will be made and because no-one has sought clarification on certain songs, the SFA/SPL will give into the complaints and fine us for nothing. Then they'll take points off us. Then UEFA will close a stand.

That would be understandable if it happened to other teams as well. But, the biased media coverage where only our problems are reported has shown that won't happen.

It's not just a case of a few petty articles. It's our club's future.

And we as fans have the destiny of our club in our hands

Another catch for DS.

championee (harhar) :Edwin: :yaha:

Another catch for DS.

championee (harhar) :Edwin: :yaha:

Spammer -_-

And we as fans have the destiny of our club in our hands

Yes, of course.

And so does Sir David Murray. Yet, is he contributing as well as we'd like to dealing with the spin in the media? No. Thus, he deserves criticism.

That banner is a waste o time....it should be !

MURRAY YOU BARSTEWARD GTF RIGHT NOO

COZ YE DONT WANT TAE DEFEND US AND RFC (beer)

Subtle as always Fish (tu)

Ye canny beat gettin tae the point old chap....the barsteward doesnt understand the other way (beer)

Ye canny beat gettin tae the point old chap....the barsteward doesnt understand the other way (beer)

Eloquently put you cannot debate with stupidity

Eloquently put you cannot debate with stupidity

So.......''Sir can ye buy some decent players for us''

''Naw how many times have I got to tell you lot there is no money'' (Coz he feckin mismanged for too long)

Aye that will be feckin right....the barsteward is rollin in it

I said that approach hasnt worked so he can GTF (beer)

When people say SDM should protect us against the media, who do they think SDM is... a Public Relatiions Officer? Is that really the job of a chairman?

Even if he did stand up to every snide comment, lie and accusation the press made what can he realisticly do? Moan at them, tell them they are naughty? They would just have a dig at SDM, make out he was sectarian and write even more crap. The press aren't scared of SDM or anyone else in Scottish football. They do what they want and nobody can stop them.

SDM taking their bait would do more harm than good. What honour would their be in SDM chasing the accusations and insults made by the press? What good would it do? None whatsoever... the press would be controlling the main man at our club and how he used his time. He is their to bring us sucess... not pander to the whims of ill educated spineless journos and in doing so giving them the attention they so obviously crave. SDM calls the shots not the press... that simple folks!