The official "Takeover Completed" thread

Muff

My thoughts have been and still are; who in their right mind would want to invest millions in a spl team?

Our club relies heavily on a champions league group stage place to make any profit and that prospect is and will be a dream which will be hard if not unlikely to achieve now.

So any motive has to be outwith football reasons and with the Ellis connection where he will get 25% of the shares for nothing, because he does not have the funds to buy them,to be paid back when he can,it looks like a bit of asset stripping is on the cards.

People say that it is the development of property which interests Ellis and that is how he will repay the loan--surely if he is a successful property developer he would be able to put his money in upfront?

People say that if he makes money out of our property it can only be good for the club --- who says he will re invest any of his profits in the club especially when he has the shares to pay for? His track record suggests that investing in a football club for football reasons is the last thing on his mind.

I know nothing about Whyte apart from the stories that he makes his money by investing in ailing businesses and makes money by restucturing them.Rightly or wrongly that starts alarm bells in my mind; a quick fix by using our assets and sell on or a genuine long term structure benefitting the club? Time will no doubt tell us the answer if the takeover comes through.

we just lost a game, aaargghh must mean everything else is all total sheizer and the end is nigh for life as we know it, gutted i live on the ground floor, i cud have sorted it all

To the people who are trying to act like fucking smart arses in here. It was Radio Scotland who said that we were going to release the statement on the night of the game in Bursaspor but the club decided against it as they didnt want to take the focus away from the game. Had you even bothered your hole reading my post in the thread about you would have seen it was clearly stated Radio Scotland were the ones who said it

This has went the same way as the Ellis bid.

Srated off positive but then you hear fuck all for months.

They said the process would probably go on until January and due diligence can take some time.

Everyone will be frustrated because a takeover is probably the only chance of getting significent investment this transfer window, but just because we haven't heard anything for a few weeks doesn't mean it's dead by any means.

I keep waking up and run to RM to see if anything has happened.

This is getting more and more depressing by the minute.

But, I'll give it until the 10th.

any1 else really worried for our future if either or both of not winning league and gettin takenover doesnt happen?

players out of contract, retiring etc

Fuck off, you.

Negotiations with Whyte were terminated directly after the Glasgow meeting, on the advice of Mr Johnston. Whyte was basically told to come back, if and when he had the collateral to do business with.
can say that both Ellis and Whyte are well known in the City, as scavengers feeding of off titbits from other peoples deals. As far as owning Rangers goes, the Cannon and Ball duo of Ellis and Whyte make Walter Mitty a paragon of credibility. The most likely scenario is, I am told by people close to him, is the return of Sir David to the chair at Ibrox, a possibility none should discount.

This is from barrybaldy apparently

Im sure bluedell etc would be able to verify that he knows his stuff.

Who is barrybaldy?

He used to be a very well respected poster when i was on FF.

Im not sure if he was close to someone very high up at the club, i cant mind what his "source"/"contact" was but he was pretty accurate with his stuff

He used to be a very well respected poster when i was on FF.

Im not sure if he was close to someone very high up at the club, i cant mind what his "source"/"contact" was but he was pretty accurate with his stuff

that wasn't barrybaldy who posted that it was some tim at the wind up if you look again you will see that his posts are no longer there

that wasn't barrybaldy who posted that it was some tim at the wind up if you look again you will see that his posts are no longer there

Ffs you kidden? I had told my cousin to keep me updated as im banned from FF lol so he sent me they quotes. I thought i had heard barrybaldy was banned but he said it was him wacko.gif

Ahh well ftp :crabflute:

Ffs you kidden? I had told my cousin to keep me updated as im banned from FF lol so he sent me they quotes. I thought i had heard barrybaldy was banned but he said it was him wacko.gif

Ahh well ftp :crabflute:

i dont think he was banned he stopped posting when he was outed as darell king.

he denied he was but he was.

i dont think he was banned he stopped posting when he was outed as darell king.

he denied he was but he was.

I must have been banned by the time he was outed lol. He was always just one of the most respected posters

Something stinks about this Whyte/Ellis bid, i would love nothing more for the club to be sold and taken on to another level but it must be men with rangers at heart! Im not so sure these two come into that bracket. :disappointment: