The official "Takeover Completed" thread

Muff

Lets be honest... Who would be interested in buying us when the league we are playing in is slowly dying?

I can't see any takeover happening anytime soon :(

The fact the guy is a Rangers fan is the crux of this. Obviously a Rich Arab aint gonna come near us, but a Rich rangers fan that has made his money..............it’s possible

I have no clue what is happening and I dont think any other RM member has either.

Having said that I will be very surprised if Mr Whyte and Mr Ellis take over Rangers. I am wary of both of them to be honest and do not have a good feeling about all of this.

seemingly murrays moved the goal posts and the deals now dead,av texted him to find out where he heard or saw it from but hes no replied yet

Its a daft text people have been getting mate thats all. It isnt anywhere

Tims trying to gets us back for operation tango. :lol: GIRFUY. we'll still pump yous even if we're skint, 1 game doesn't make yous world beaters ya shower of deluded scroungers.

Always enjoy watching this! :lol:

Craig Whyte remains hopeful of concluding his proposed takeover of Rangers before the end of January.

Whyte has been in negotiations with the current owner Sir David Murray since the middle of November.

He had initially hoped to complete a £33m deal before Christmas, but due diligence has taken longer than the Scottish businessman expected.

However, if that can be concluded soon, Whyte aims to take over in time to help Walter Smith strengthen his squad.

On Thursday, Smith bemoaned the current financial constraints at the club, stating that he would be unable to bring in new players unless he sold first.

As of September 2010 Rangers' debt stood at £27m.

While Smith was allowed to conduct some transfer business in the summer - including the purchase of Nikica Jelavic for £4m - his hands have been largely tied on that front for the past three seasons.

The Scottish champions trail league leaders Celtic by four points, although they have two games in hand.

However, as things stand, Smith will have to challenge in all domestic competitions, as well as in the Europa League, with the same small squad of players.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/9348516.stm

But failure to win the Scottish Premier League again this term, and thereby miss out on the lucrative Champions League, would reverse that trend and make things even more restrictive for whoever succeeds Smith as Rangers manager next season

Do they know something we dont ?