The official "Takeover Completed" thread

Muff

If this guy was serious he would have pushed the deal through by now, why the hell would he stand in the shadows and watch a mighty institution scrape the bottom of a fucking barrel for loan players.

I doubt anything will come of this.

I am getting a tad tired of Rangers fans ripping the club, its owner and its prospective buyer.

Rangers spent nearly £6M in the summer, yet that is forgotten when January comes around. Is it the clubs fault that this fund was spent on two players? It is the manager who spends the fund.

David Murray has given the Ranger a good 20 year ride and given him a team to celebrate but the time has come for him to go back to concentrating on his main business and because of that, he has no time or money for the club - thanks SDM, I accept that and good luck in your business.

Any prospective buyer has the right to take his time in buying the club and if truth be told, I would rather he took his time. If he were to buy Rangers regardless of potential debts coming up in the future, it would make me think he has alterior motives and can see a profit in the business, rather than wanting to take a club and build it back to what it was or better, then see a profit.

I am getting a tad tired of Rangers fans ripping the club, its owner and its prospective buyer.

Rangers spent nearly £6M in the summer, yet that is forgotten when January comes around. Is it the clubs fault that this fund was spent on two players? It is the manager who spends the fund.

David Murray has given the Ranger a good 20 year ride and given him a team to celebrate but the time has come for him to go back to concentrating on his main business and because of that, he has no time or money for the club - thanks SDM, I accept that and good luck in your business.

Any prospective buyer has the right to take his time in buying the club and if truth be told, I would rather he took his time. If he were to buy Rangers regardless of potential debts coming up in the future, it would make me think he has alterior motives and can see a profit in the business, rather than wanting to take a club and build it back to what it was or better, then see a profit.

we couldnt sign any more players because of wages.

Of course it is entirely possible that Craig Whyte will invest in Rangers; or do people suppose that a man who was the youngest self made millionaire in his early 20s would be wanting to play games in order that, for whatever reason, Sir David Murray wants to "buy time and breathing space"?

What if Craig Whyte is a man who does things in his time, and in his way? I have heard that he is a very serious individual, and someone who plays his cards very close. People should perhaps also stop associating him with Andrew Ellis, if Craig Whyte invests in Rangers it will be Craig Whyte running things in his way. I am not sure it is Craig Whyte's fault that this story has captured the imagination of the Scottish media, but I think there is an interesting silence that has entered the proceedings, and that, from the little I have heard, tends to be the way he likes to operate.

The truth hurts, our club have been sold off bit by bit and ripped apart from within for years and fans have done nothing.

You are correct we spent heavily int he summer, i would say closer to £7m. And again, you are correct, ist the manager who spends it, the man who also thought it was wise to spend £7m on Edu, Lafferty and Velicka!

I dont think fans could complain about SDM NOT backing his managers, he certainly has and that is not one of his failings, far from it, but i cant buy into, him having other business's and ignoring us, thats not an excuse for the state we find ourselves in. He is still our main man the way he has neglected our club in the last 5 years has been nothing short of disgraceful, other business's or not. I wont be thaking him.

What potential debts in the future?

We would be healthy and posting profits regularly, if we could get rid of our association with the bank and our debt.

Now I was talking to Steven Davis on msn after that mrs broadfoot gave me his addy.

Having a wee chat. I said brb.

Came back and there's a third person in the chat.

A said hi and he introduced himself as Craig Whyte. He says it's all near done. I wanted to know more and he said brb. I asked how long.

48 hours he says :sherlock:

It's the 27th of January.

We were told this may have been completed before Christmas, or around mid-January.

This is beginning to look more and more like a smokescreen for Murray.

Every morning I wake up, hoping a deal has been done.

It's the 27th of January.

We were told this may have been completed before Christmas, or around mid-January.

This is beginning to look more and more like a smokescreen for Murray.

Every morning I wake up, hoping a deal has been done.

but what does whyte have to gain from being named in the papers. Hell he's even commented about it. It doesn't add up that this is i Murray smokescreen

nobody in their right mind will buy rangers at the moment . there will be no takeover till the tax issue is resolved, and if we lose that, well we are royally fucked

Rangers are not responsible for the tax situation; MIH is.

but what does whyte have to gain from being named in the papers. Hell he's even commented about it. It doesn't add up that this is i Murray smokescreen

I really hope you're right.

This is fucking horrible!

I know it seems like an age, and the whole thing is dragging on, but takeovers are not straight forward things (unless of course you are super rich). It took nearly 8mths for the takeover of Sunderland to be complete and we haven't looked back since! I suppose I'm trying to say good things come to those that wait.

We’ll still win the league :uk:

I know it seems like an age, and the whole thing is dragging on, but takeovers are not straight forward things (unless of course you are super rich). It took nearly 8mths for the takeover of Sunderland to be complete and we haven't looked back since! I suppose I'm trying to say good things come to those that wait.

We’ll still win the league :uk:

Sure, but how long were Sunderland fans sitting in the dark waiting for someone credible to toss them a solitary scrap of an update on the situation?

Even if any takeover does come about, which I don't believe will, we will still be able to spend around the same amount as we do now. The financial rewards in Scottish football don't allow for anything else. If a sugar daddy was going to save the club, he would have done so prior to this.

There are going to be a lot of disappointed Bears.