The official "Takeover Completed" thread

Muff

For the time being the takeover is done. Its been made pretty evident even though there has been no statement. It would have been done long before now.

Yes, there are people interested bar Craig Whyte, but why would anyone in the right state of mind want to pay for something like Rangers in their current situation? Pay off debt that isn't theirs etc.

Disgruntled_Bear is correct, they will wait until we are at the brink. A situation that not one of us wants to see, but one that seems almost inevitable.

Things will get worse before they get better I'm afraid (td)

Even if any takeover does come about, which I don't believe will, we will still be able to spend around the same amount as we do now. The financial rewards in Scottish football don't allow for anything else. If a sugar daddy was going to save the club, he would have done so prior to this.

There are going to be a lot of disappointed Bears.

thats not quite true we have large revenues this year going elsewhere that would be available.

Sure, but how long were Sunderland fans sitting in the dark waiting for someone credible to toss them a solitary scrap of an update on the situation?

If I’m honest mate, it has the same feel. For months we would wake up to articles in the local press telling us the deal was nearly done, yet nothing ever seemed to happen.

The stories first started to appear in the December, and by May with us rock bottom and in almost terminal decline, most of us gave up hope and braced ourselves for another possible relegation to the first division. It was a horrible time

we wont get to the brink our debts will be less than 18 million by the summer.

That’s the daft thing about it all. £18m is nothing by football standards; Bolton for instance are in £93m debt and rumours today reckoned Everton were close to administration.

If I’m honest mate, it has the same feel. For months we would wake up to articles in the local press telling us the deal was nearly done, yet nothing ever seemed to happen.

The stories first started to appear in the December, and by May with us rock bottom and in almost terminal decline, most of us gave up hope and braced ourselves for another possible relegation to the first division. It was a horrible time

That's a tiny bit of reassurance, but to be honest I've given up thinking about the whole thing for the time being until the club comes out and says something.

so aj was lying when he said there was a tax query.

Would that be the general one that HMRC is conducting into the EBT scenario, practiced by pretty much every football club in Britain? An enquiry to see if they could wring any more money into their coffers? If it was going to happen, given the big hitters down south, would be more likely they would get hit first, since, they can pay this stuff, and, would make bigger headlines than us?

Would that be the general one that HMRC is conducting into the EBT scenario, practiced by pretty much every football club in Britain? An enquiry to see if they could wring any more money into their coffers? If it was going to happen, given the big hitters down south, would be more likely they would get hit first, since, they can pay this stuff, and, would make bigger headlines than us?

didnt arsenal already settle on this.

all i say is king says we are unsellable while its hanging over us and it looks like he is right.

tell me it doesnt look that way.

all i say is king says we are unsellable while its hanging over us and it looks like he is right.

it does look very much like that way, but maybe its something else completely

then fact that murray hasnt come out and claimed the deal is dead like last time gives hope that SOMETHING is happening behind the scenes (tu)

Think they settled for about £11m. Might be wrong.

it does look very much like that way, but maybe its something else completely

then fact that murray hasnt come out and claimed the deal is dead like last time gives hope that SOMETHING is happening behind the scenes (tu)

perfectly possible yes.

king clains inside info and says this. i see no reason not to believe him. indeed i see circumstantial evidence galore hes right.

but as ever we are guessing while the people who do know sit tight lipped in france and america.

perfectly possible yes.

king clains inside info and says this. i see no reason not to believe him. indeed i see circumstantial evidence galore hes right.

but as ever we are guessing while the people who do know sit tight lipped in france and america.

funnily enough, imo AJ doesnt get enough of a questioning on here