The official "Takeover Completed" thread

Muff

Alasdair Lamont twitter

BBCAlLamont Alasdair Lamont

#Rangers chairman Alastair Johnston's just told me the independent committee much closer to giving approval to Craig Whyte bid

Alasdair Lamont twitter

BBCAlLamont Alasdair Lamont

#Rangers chairman Alastair Johnston's just told me the independent committee much closer to giving approval to Craig Whyte bid

Just been on Radio Scotland.

Lol lampard, Naismith, Boyd etc moved at young ages. Ronaldo was 17 FFS doh. Conway won't get much better and prso is a bit of a freak example

There's plenty of players who don't move on until a bit later on, especially when you're talking about within the same league.

If you say that we get a bit ripped off for any domestic products, I'm with you on that. I'd say we need to expand the scouting network, but you can't rule out someone like Conway for the simple reason he's one of the top performers in our league.

I don't want to sign him because he's a filthy tim, but ability wise he certainly wouldn't make us any worse.

To be fair, that's complete bollocks.

Are you saying that big teams should never buy a player from a lesser team and develop them? Don't talk absolute shite. Conway is a stand out in the SPL when several players in our own squad fail to be standouts.

I can name Novo, Bougherra, Papac, Boyd, Miller and Thomson from recent memory alone that have come from lesser teams and made a difference.

Hernandez at United. Ronaldo went from Sporting Lisbon to United, also a lesser club. Don't even need to start on Lampard from West Ham to Chelsea or Perotti from Moron to Sevilla.

That's probably the daftest thing I've read on a football forum.

The writing off of all SPL players on this forum really does annoy me sometimes. :anguish:

There's plenty of players who don't move on until a bit later on, especially when you're talking about within the same league.

If you say that we get a bit ripped off for any domestic products, I'm with you on that. I'd say we need to expand the scouting network, but you can't rule out someone like Conway for the simple reason he's one of the top performers in our league.

I don't want to sign him because he's a filthy tim, but ability wise he certainly wouldn't make us any worse.

Is Conway a tim?

I thought he wiz a Killie boy as he pals aboot with the singer fae Biffy Clyro, who's a known Killie fan.

Naismith is the one for me - he came from Killie as a major prospect but we made him what he is today.

Naismith was the hottest prospect in the spl for yonks and has taken years to find any acceptable performance level

Because....he can't!

If he can, I'd quite like the lottery numbers for next week. And the week after if possible :D

Outfield players peak about 26/27/28 generally, particularly attacking ones

Outfield players peak about 26/27/28 generally, particularly attacking ones

So your wee avatar will be going for peanuts in four years then, as he'll have peaked?

Statement might be based in a fraction of truth, but it's ridiculous to apply it as a rule to every single player in the world.

So your wee avatar will be going for peanuts in four years then, as he'll have peaked?

Statement might be based in a fraction of truth, but it's ridiculous to apply it as a rule to every single player in the world.

Hence the word generally oh and I would say iniesta has peaked

Charlie Adam and James McCartney are to the manor born in the EPL, from the heady heights of Rangers bench and Hamilton Accies.

There are a few rough diamonds around the SPL that just requiring polishing.

At the mighty Blackpool and wigan

Up for Player of the Year, but it doesn't matter, because he plays for Blackpool so he must be shite.

Then again, this is from the guy who thinks Iniesta has peaked.

Correct but they do play all the big boys and dont look out of place, in fact securing plenty motm awards versus quality Champion League teams regulary bossing midfields crammed with mega million pound players, and your point was?