The official "Takeover Completed" thread

Muff

At the mighty Blackpool and wigan

I'm not sure if you've seen our budget as it stands.

What young, talented players do you suggest we go and sign? They cost a lot of cash, we won't have that even if we get taken over.

Correct but they do play all the big boys and dont look out of place, in fact securing plenty motm awards versus quality Champion League teams regulary bossing midfields crammed with mega million pound players, and your point was?

Adam has been great at Blackpool in fairness and that is our mismanagement

Up for Player of the Year, but it doesn't matter, because he plays for Blackpool so he must be shite.

Then again, this is from the guy who thinks Iniesta has peaked.

You think iniesta can improve?

The writing off of all SPL players on this forum really does annoy me sometimes. :anguish:

don't mention that mate. It's abysmal some of the reasons why we shouldn't sign players

we paid 1.5 mill for beattie yet Kevin Kyle was a free transfer. Adam rooney has scored a fair few goals this season, but nope apparently he's not rangers class lol

yeah but he could stay at his peak for yrs. so its a mute point.

I know he will. My initial point was players tend to hit their peak at 26-28! Conways not going to turn into a world beater. Goodwillie on the other hand has more years to develop

I know he will. My initial point was players tend to hit their peak at 26-28! Conways not going to turn into a world beater. Goodwillie on the other hand has more years to develop

we are not in a position to sign anyworld beaters. and your example of inesta is pretty poor as every1 knew he was gr8 by the time he was 20-21.

conway is a decent player, and he is definetly in the catagory of players who are in our transfer range.

wages/cost/will play in spl. all these things are the major points when talking about rangers class at this point in time.

we are not in a position to sign anyworld beaters. and your example of inesta is pretty poor as every1 knew he was gr8 by the time he was 20-21.

conway is a decent player, and he is definetly in the catagory of players who are in our transfer range.

wages/cost/will play in spl. all these things are the major points when talking about rangers class at this point in time.

Conway and Goodwillie each fall onto a target list, but one is marked 'takeover' and the other 'no takeover'.

BBCAlLamont Alasdair Lamont

by GersnetOnline

#Rangers chairman Alastair Johnston's just told me the independent committee much closer to giving approval to Craig Whyte bid

Don't know how to word this, as I know shit about finances, but if Whyte is only after us as one of his new ventures, and considering he is going to take a gamble on a chunk of change, couldn't he find a more trouble, and risk free business somewhere to "resuscitate" ?

It just seems that he could be putting a lot on the line (financially, and probably emotionally), for what we all know, right now, is not the most profitable of outlets, especially in Scotland.

Add to the fact that it is one half of the OF, then it seems that he has an awful lot to lose (reputation wise etc.) if things go wrong.

I just think if this is for profit only, there must be a few safer bets out there ?

Don't know how to word this, as I know shit about finances, but if Whyte is only after us as one of his new ventures, and considering he is going to take a gamble on a chunk of change, couldn't he find a more trouble, and risk free business somewhere to "resuscitate" ?

It just seems that he could be putting a lot on the line (financially, and probably emotionally), for what we all know, right now, is not the most profitable of outlets, especially in Scotland.

Add to the fact that it is one half of the OF, then it seems that he has an awful lot to lose (reputation wise etc.) if things go wrong.

Just think if this is for profit only, there must be a few safer bets out there ?

In this day and age, I think that's the way to go for us is for someone to come in and run us as a business - it'll build a stronger club and anyone with a modicum of sense knows that successful business with us starts on the pitch and in the kitchens.

Whyte in, Murray and Azure GTFO.

In this day and age, I think that's the way to go for us is for someone to come in and run us as a business - it'll build a stronger club and anyone with a modicum of sense knows that successful business with us starts on the pitch and in the kitchens.

Whyte in, Murray and Azure GTFO.

Hope you're right, and hope Craig Whyte has thought long and hard about the price of failure (not only to himself).

discussing conway and has he peaked yet :lol: does anyone care?

aj changing his mind again. ffs is his grand plan a non starter then?

your being unfair to aj. he never said the whyte plan wasnt a goer just that he needed time and more info. its also not his plan.