The official "Takeover Completed" thread

Muff

just read the daily mail thing. There was someone posted a rumour in another thread saying whyte was at MP meeting Johnson and Bain and left looking realy happy and i shot him down. Think it was Dunny_1. Well i will now eat some humble pie :rolleyes: sorry mate (tu)

this looks like its finally a goer

sweet. WATP.

rangers get took over

10 million quid in the transfer fund

celtic bottle it in the league

motherwell win the cup

carlsberg dont do season endings but.......

this looks like its finally a goer

sweet. WATP.

rangers get took over

10 million quid in the transfer fund

celtic bottle it in the league

motherwell win the cup

carlsberg dont do season endings but.......

:21::21::clap::beer1:

lets get this fucking thing finally done rangers!

If this goes through in the next few days, it will seriously disrupt the tims.

It could well tip them into another bottle crash.

Whyte can't really lose now. It looks like the other bid is dead (as reported by Boss) and common sense has won the day.

A bid that favoured Murray and the bank was always going to win out. The board bid seemed made up as they went along and always carried the baggage of not declaring sooner when we needed it.

Unless they seriously up their offer, there is nothing in the way of Whyte taking over now and I reckon an official bid is only hours away now. 48 hours away probably :sherlock:

If this goes through in the next few days, it will seriously disrupt the tims.

It could well tip them into another bottle crash.

Whyte can't really lose now. It looks like the other bid is dead (as reported by Boss) and common sense has won the day.

A bid that favoured Murray and the bank was always going to win out. The board bid seemed made up as they went along and always carried the baggage of not declaring sooner when we needed it.

Unless they seriously up their offer, there is nothing in the way of Whyte taking over now and I reckon an official bid is only hours away now. 48 hours away probably :sherlock:

Considering boss was told that the deal would be sealed last week, his contact obviously isn't as close to the deal as first thought. I'll wait for official word.

Surely if that Daily Mail article is correct and the deal now has the backing of SDM, Lloyds and most if not all of the vetting committee it would be impossible for the board to turn down the offer, or to continue?

it would always be impossible for them to turn it down.

but it should move quickly now i expect.

My wee Granny was a smart wee woman. Used to come out with clever one-liners now and then. One she used a lot was "Be sure ye' want whit ye' wish for" - it's at times like this my wee Granny springs to mind.

First order of business should this go through?

Rename Murray Park and call it 'The Wee London-Based Spiv Hire-Purchase Park'.

:disappointment:

My wee Granny was a smart wee woman. Used to come out with clever one-liners now and then. One she used a lot was "Be sure ye' want whit ye' wish for" - it's at times like this my wee Granny springs to mind.

First order of business should this go through?

Rename Murray Park and call it 'The Wee London-Based Spiv Hire-Purchase Park'.

:disappointment:

You're growing on me mate! By the way, was this 'granny' real, or is it the proverbial granny that comes in useful in arguments like this?-ha! I have my concerns, I tell you that, and I think you are right to have them as well. I suspect that Whyte has some plans that could be fruitful, but one should be sceptical