The official "Takeover Completed" thread

Muff

According to the London Stock Exchange MIH (SDM ) has sold 85% of his shares some 93 million shares with voting rights. The purchaser is Metlika Trading owned by Dave King. There is nothing on the RFC website as yet, but there will be if such a significant amount of shares have been sold. I think in short we have been sold, just exactly to I'm not sure. :thumbup:

are 100% certain that that amount of shares have been sold ? :D

You may want to reconsider your extravagant claims, mate. :D

I was thinking that myself..

Class of relevant security: Ordinary shares of GBP0.10 each

Interests Short positions

------------------------ ------------------

Number % Number %

------------- --------- ------------- ---

(1) Relevant securities

owned and/or controlled: 93,134,454 85.6082 N/A

(2) Derivatives (other than

options): N/A N/A

(3) Options and agreements

to purchase/sell: N/A N/A

TOTAL: 93,134,454 85.6082 N/A

There are no options to sell or purchase any shares, no mention of Dave King's business anywhere (td)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/9388150.stm Here's the article btw, no one seems to have posted it yet. :lol:

That's quite interesting.

Is it cheaper for someone to buy a business bit by bit or in one swoop. IF (and its a big IF) king is wanting to buy RFC completely over a period of time then he must have some angle for doing so

Who knows

So to conclude, SDM has sold the majority of his shares to MIH, who have then sold £6m+ to Dave King's company.. Maybe Dave King and Craig Whyte are fronting an ownership similar to Liverpools last one with Hicks and Gillet :sherlock:

I don't know how to cut and paste from the stock exchange site but it states on form 8.3 Metlika trading - Rangers football club purchase of shares.

However on another post on this subject BOSS who appears to have a better understanding of these transactions says there has been a movement of shares from MIH into another part of that group. Also Metlika have been involved in share movement. This may only be a first move in the sale of the club and the buyer is as yet unknown and Dave King AKA Metlika Trading may only have been formalising his shares in consequence of an impending sale.

Finance man's opinion:

Dave King didn't own his shareholding directly but via a shareholding in Murray Sports which owned 37m shares. The annual report says this is worth 3m shares.

It appears that the Murray Sports holding has been transferred into MIH which has then sold/given 6.6m shares to persons outside the Murray Group taking that holding down to 85%.

I've not seen anything official which says who gets those shares but presumably it's the non-Murray holders of Murray Sports. I now see King's company has 5.7m of them.

What does it mean? Well it would make a takeover easier, as previously a buyer would need to buy Murray Sports - a company with liabilities to the Murray Group. This transaction separates those shares out. Buying Murray's remaining 85% is now a cleaner exercise, and the holder(s) of the 6.6m shares can do what they wish.

A takeover would now be easier, but need not be any closer or more real.

took from follow follow

I think the silence by those supposedly being linked with the takeover could be the biggest indicator in all of this.

Serious interested and respectable businessmen conduct their affairs without the need of a constant spotlight on their every move.

Naturally this movement will give rise to a lot of conjecture, however maybe just maybe theres a glimmer of hope that this great club can at last be free of the merciless shackles of SDM and Lloyds Bank.

We'll see what the papers make it tomorrow, if they make anything of it.

To me, its definietly a step in the right direction. Murray could be clearing things up for sale. If/When it does happen, I sincerely hope he makes the point clear.. "Don't make as much mess as I did".

We'll see what the papers make it tomorrow, if they make anything of it.

To me, its definietly a step in the right direction. Murray could be clearing things up for sale. If/When it does happen, I sincerely hope he makes the point clear.. "Don't make as much mess as I did".

The papers wont make anything of it.

Im sure because we have some good news at last we will see an article about our supposed tax bill rising to 300million now. :lol:

The papers wont make anything of it.

Im sure because we have some good news at last we will see an article about our supposed tax bill rising to 300million now. :lol:

Probably doh of Phil McGobblegiver will come out with its a lot of shite, murrays expecting administration or some shite like he usually does. You can be guaranteed someone will pick up on it :lol: