The official "Takeover Completed" thread

Muff

The most interesting part of that Record story is this:

So much for David Murray covering any HMRC bill (if this is to be believed).

Followed by a little later....

So Paul Murray's bid would force any tax issues onto the Murray Group, but Whyte's bid wouldn't???

Impressive, isn't it?

If Paul Murray has the best interest of The Rangers at heart - you would think he would at least be happy to pass on the how-to information ensuring SDM pays and not the club.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but as far as I can see, as a director of the club, Murray is legally prevented from commenting on any prospective bid.

Unless it has gone through the board already.

Otherwise he's in a lot of bother.

I'm expecting an announcement very shortly now.

This is an honest question and not a dig CB.

You don't want this guy near us, but don't you think if he wants to strip us bare and fuck off, he could do that with another business in trouble and get away with it with a lot less hassle ?

If he has done it before, he's escaped any bad publicity from the media etc, he must know there is no way he could salvage his reputation if he did it with us.

I just think if it's a quick profit he's after, he could find some easier ways to make it, especially in this financial climate.

I do wish we could dig up more about the wee London-based spiv, but Christ, I can't even think of facing next season if we're still in the clutches of the bank.

Honest answer minnbear. I don't want him anywhere near us.

He and the other London barrow boy see us as a prime candidate for the in-out quick fast buck - let's develop and fuck off with the bish-bosh scenario.

I've said it before so I apologise for repeating it. Where-the-fuck was this so-called 'Rangers fan' when the club was down to its last few quid in January 2011 - the transfer window was open and we couldn't afford to keep our top goal scorer for the sake of what in footballing terms is a measly £400,00?

I'll tell you where he was - he was already THREE-MONTHS (going on FOUR) into this due diligence fiasco.

I mean think about it. You're claiming to be looking to dig the club out of the mire yet you sit on your hands and watch one of the assets (Miller) leave for buttons - an asset that could be the key to us retaining the title and opening the door to the CL £'millions??? :disappointment:

One deadline follows another - and here we sit - SEVEN MONTHS (and counting) into his bid and we're no further on.

I've been trying hard to find out more about him but information is difficult to come by - almost all I and others have found show company closures, job losses, investors left fucked and a wee London-based spiv always coming out at the other end almost unharmed - usually in some tax haven off-shore.

Is that what we want for the Club? Us up to our tits in shit whilst the wee London-based spiv is offski counting his profits?

As for him "escaping bad publicity" well, we've had a guy at the helm for 20-odd years who's a past master at "escaping bad publicity" - why should the wee London-based spiv be any different?

But fear not - his day in the court of public opinion is not far off.

Let's be blunt. The ones looking to sell to him are Lloyds - but why should the club (a business customer of Lloyds - for the moment) accept that scenario?

Our debt is down, our turnover is consistently high in comparison to other "customers" (there's a worldwide economic downturn don'cha'know) and we're a cash cow type business that has a fan base second to none.

The bank will rue the day they force this one through.

That £18m instant hit they'll get would be wiped out at a stroke if there was a backlash of other Rangers-minded customers both business and personal.

The status quo is unacceptable (I agree), but I don't want us to do a deal in haste and repent in leisure (albeit 'haste' has taken the wee London-based spiv almost EIGHT MONTHS!!)

The man to blame for any and all of this is Sir Minty Of The Vineyard, plc.

If he sells to this guy it will be the final act of a lousy bastard. :angry:

Reading that article it looks like this is Murrays final roll of the dice to get fans onside to help drive his proposal through, he also says he has been informed that Murray wants the transaction to go through with whyte so it seem it's the board that's the only problem. Still don't believe it will go through soon though, if the board sit tight then it could be another couple of weeks imo. We'll see.

Agree with your last sentence, however, that doesn't mean that Whyte is the right deal for the club either, then again, he's not even put in a bid after six plus months.

What deal will ever be the right deal though? I don't think we'll ever be happy.

This is an honest question and not a dig CB.

You don't want this guy near us, but don't you think if he wants to strip us bare and fuck off, he could do that with another business in trouble and get away with it with a lot less hassle ?

If he has done it before, he's escaped any bad publicity from the media etc, he must know there is no way he could salvage his reputation if he did it with us.

I just think if it's a quick profit he's after, he could find some easier ways to make it, especially in this financial climate.

I do wish we could dig up more about Whyte, but Christ, I can't even think of facing next season if we're still in the clutches of the bank.

http://thebluenose.co.uk/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=54&func=view&catid=8&id=81852&limit=10&limitstart=100#82382 :sherlock:

so Spanlges your incriminating evedince comes from 3 years and 7 years ago respectively. I could show you hundereds if not thousands of businessmen who have had failed business interests, went bankrupt etc.

Give us your concrete proof rather than your boring piss and pot routine. If you have info that the Rangers support need to know then share it. Remember if its true Whyte cant do anything about it :rolleyes:

Aye - the fucking castle story.

There's a wee company in Glasgow that would like a "chat" with a 'spiv' about the new roof on said castle.

It's claimed they've been well and truly fucked for their bish-bosh.

Seems to be the modus operandi of certain 'spivs'. :sherlock:

What deal will ever be the right deal though? I don't think we'll ever be happy.

There are so many unanswered questions where Whyte is concerned. He may not be able to talk about the deal per se, but his evasion of the press rings alarm bells with me, especially when the little that is known about him, makes far from impressive reading.

I've said it before so I apologise for repeating it. Where-the-fuck was this so-called 'Rangers fan' when the club was down to its last few quid in January 2011 - the transfer window was open and we couldn't afford to keep our top goal scorer for the sake of what in footballing terms is a measly £400,00?

I'll tell you where he was - he was already THREE-MONTHS (going on FOUR) into this due diligence fiasco.

and where were the supposed rest of the minted rangers fans that have now came out with this reported 25million quid deal?

why didnt paul murray and co pay millers wages out of their own pockets, or even pay commons wages when we couldnt afford the 2k extra

yeah we know fuck all about whyte, but this may well be one time where the phrase "better the devil you know" isnt applicable

Aye - the fucking castle story.

There's a wee company in Glasgow that would like a "chat" with a 'spiv' about the new roof on said castle.

It's claimed they've been well and truly fucked for their bish-bosh.

Seems to be the modus operandi of certain 'spivs'. :sherlock:

FFS there's punters oan here whose heids button up the back, One Stop Roofing would indeed like their account settled, seen any nice plant oan yir travels CB.... Adam-Phillips-Animated-Digger.gifAdam-Phillips-Animated-Digger.gifAdam-Phillips-Animated-Digger.gif

so Spanlges your incriminating evedince comes from 3 years and 7 years ago respectively. I could show you hundereds if not thousands of businessmen who have had failed business interests, went bankrupt etc.

Give us your concrete proof rather than your boring piss and pot routine. If you have info that the Rangers support need to know then share it. Remember if its true Whyte cant do anything about it :rolleyes:

Most of them also have successes along the way too. I've been asking for evidence of them since this saga started, but I'm still waiting for anything apart from the 'schoolboy investor' story, which is more than seven years ago!

Hello darkness, my old friend

I've come to talk with you again

Because a vision softly creeping

Left its seeds while I was sleeping

And the vision that was planted in my brain

Still remains

Within the sound of silence

Simon and Garfunkel.

Most of them also have successes along the way too. I've been asking for evidence of them since this saga started, but I'm still waiting for anything apart from the 'schoolboy investor' story, which is more than seven years ago!

Well either he is successful or he is just good at bluffing his way along in life.

Casey CB and Spangles are posting clues that would look good in an episode of CSI. Either they post there findings or just shut up. It confuses the support no end and when they keep hinting they have something they wont post it due to legal concerns. If its true they wouldnt have to be concerned about legal matters :rolleyes:

Who knows what the best deal is? None of us here that's for sure.

My thoughts on the way forward would be to follows Whytes plan for the five years assuming he has indeed shown proof of the continued funding.

We then use those 5 years to put together the fans buy out that P Murray and co are looking for. That way we get the bank off our backs, have a guaranteed income for 5 years and we have a great deal of time to organise and structure a future we can all contribute to rather than a cobbled together last minute shambles that Murray and co have at the moment.

Sure there are some doubts about whyte, but the stalemate is unacceptable and the Murray plans are too ill prepared at thus time. If the whyte era becomes what a few on here fear then we as fans can and will drive him out

Well either he is successful or he is just good at bluffing his way along in life.

Casey CB and Spangles are posting clues that would look good in an episode of CSI. Either they post there findings or just shut up. It confuses the support no end and when they keep hinting they have something they wont post it due to legal concerns. If its true they wouldnt have to be concerned about legal matters :rolleyes:

What's the answer to your first line?

As for CB and spangles, I can't answer for them, but what I will say is that in the world of litigation, the truth is only really applicable if both parties have the same size of bankroll.

You'll probably have heard in recent days that a certain ex-Labour MP and pussy-cat impersonator has been reportedly ready to sue another Rangers fans' website for remarks they made which he considers libelous?

That being the case, maybe Casey, Spangles and yours truly don't wish to see RM going down that road fighting with a guy in Court (true or untrue - he can afford it - the Courtroom is a war of attrition).

I'm pretty sure CanadaReady doesn't need the grief - I certainly don't - so allow us skirt the issue in a sort of Private Eye mode - no names, no pack drill - but very many heavy hints.

A spiv is a spiv and unless someone mentions a 'named' spiv (many are London-based funnily enough) then legally the complainant is fucked.

:sherlock:

he must have money somewhere, murray and Lloyds wouldnt have kept him here all this time

As for CB and spangles, I can't answer for them, but what I will say is that in the world of litigation, the truth is only really applicable if both parties have the same size of bankroll.

I do not know the answer, but i fail to see how Murray would be duped. He is many things but he aint daft.

As for the second part. If they prove beyond any reasonable doubt they will be fine :sherlock:

Anyway CB's minted :praise:

furfuxsake caseyjones - do you have a direct video link to my PC? :sherlock:

I've just typed an almost identical reply (above) to this one.

Uncanny. :rolleyes:

You'll probably have heard in recent days that a certain ex-Labour MP and pussy-cat impersonator has been reportedly ready to sue another Rangers fans' website for remarks they made which he considers libelous?

That being the case, maybe Casey, Spangles and yours truly don't wish to see RM going down that road fighting with a guy in Court (true or untrue - he can afford it - the Courtroom is a war of attrition).

I'm pretty sure CanadaReady doesn't need the grief - I certainly don't - so allow us skirt the issue in a sort of Private Eye mode - no names, no pack drill - but very many heavy hints.

A spiv is a spiv and unless someone mentions a 'named' spiv (many are London-based funnily enough) then legally the complainant is fucked.

:sherlock:

Im glad your not taking it as me having digs at you. Its not the way im wanting it to come across. Im worried about all 3 options we have at the moment. 1) Whyte 2) the status quo and 3) the last minute shit we need to keep our places on the board deal.

Surely you can release a london based spiv story mate and we can imagine who the spiv is? All i want is proof mate.

Honest answer minnbear. I don't want him anywhere near us.

He and the other London barrow boy see us as a prime candidate for the in-out quick fast buck - let's develop and fuck off with the bish-bosh scenario.

I mean think about it. You're claiming to be looking to dig the club out of the mire yet you sit on your hands and watch one of the assets (Miller) leave for buttons - an asset that could be the key to us retaining the title and opening the door to the CL £'millions??? :disappointment:

One deadline follows another - and here we sit - SEVEN MONTHS (and counting) into his bid and we're no further on.

I've been trying hard to find out more about him but information is difficult to come by - almost all I and others have found show company closures, job losses, investors left fucked and a wee London-based spiv always coming out at the other end almost unharmed - usually in some tax haven off-shore.

Is that what we want for the Club? Us up to our tits in shit whilst the wee London-based spiv is offski counting his profits?

As for him "escaping bad publicity" well, we've had a guy at the helm for 20-odd years who's a past master at "escaping bad publicity" - why should the wee London-based spiv be any different?

But fear not - his day in the court of public opinion is not far off.

Let's be blunt. The ones looking to sell to him are Lloyds - but why should the club (a business customer of Lloyds - for the moment) accept that scenario?

Our debt is down, our turnover is consistently high in comparison to other "customers" (there's a worldwide economic downturn don'cha'know) and we're a cash cow type business that has a fan base second to none.

The bank will rue the day they force this one through.

That £18m instant hit they'll get would be wiped out at a stroke if there was a backlash of other Rangers-minded customers both business and personal.

The status quo is unacceptable (I agree), but I don't want us to do a deal in haste and repent in leisure (albeit 'haste' has taken the wee London-based spiv almost EIGHT MONTHS!!)

The man to blame for any and all of this is Sir Minty Of The Vineyard, plc.

If he sells to this guy it will be the final act of a lousy bastard. :angry:

Your last sentence kind's of sums it up, if Moonbeams decides to sell, all we can hope is that Whyte can make a go off us, as it's pretty clear the majority of our support are wanting to take a chance with the devil we don't know.

What the fuck can we do but hope for the best ?

Sounding like a broken record, but I wish I knew something about his principals etc. as well (does he have the will and the balls to stand up to our detractors ?). Squeaky bum time doesn't come close to describing this carry on.