The official "Takeover Completed" thread

Muff

This was taken from the Record.

CRAIG WHYTE is in line to complete his £33million takeover of Rangers next month as he inches closer to striking a deal on tax.

Record Sport understands the venture capitalist has all but completed due diligence and is happy to take on the club's £27million debt.

Sources also insist a deal is in the pipeline that would see any tax liability from recent years covered by Murray International Holdings and Lloyds Bank.

The Ibrox club are at the centre of a probe by HM Revenue and Customs over controversial employee remuneration trusts.

They could face a reported potential tax bill of £24m for paying players via offshore trusts, effectively doubling the debt announced in the club's recent financial figures.

The case against Rangers was due to be heard at the end of last year but it has been postponed until the summer at the earliest, with a ruling not expected until towards the end of 2011.

Whyte was concerned about the timescale and its impact on his plans but a deal is in the offing with MIH and their bank to absorb any possible liabilities that arise.

Lloyds Bank, for their part, understand a buyer for the club is unlikely to come forward while the tax issue remains unresolved.

That has left Whyte free to focus on the nuts and bolts of his takeover and he is confident of gaining control by the middle of next month.

He has pledged £5m a season for the next five years for players and will name Ally McCoist as Gers' boss in the summer when he ends Murray's 23-year association with the club.

CRAIG WHYTE is in line to complete his £33million takeover of Rangers next month as he inches closer to striking a deal on tax.

Record Sport understands the venture capitalist has all but completed due diligence and is happy to take on the club's £27million debt.

Sources also insist a deal is in the pipeline that would see any tax liability from recent years covered by Murray International Holdings and Lloyds Bank.

The Ibrox club are at the centre of a probe by HM Revenue and Customs over controversial employee remuneration trusts.

They could face a reported potential tax bill of £24m for paying players via offshore trusts, effectively doubling the debt announced in the club's recent financial figures.

The case against Rangers was due to be heard at the end of last year but it has been postponed until the summer at the earliest, with a ruling not expected until towards the end of 2011.

Whyte was concerned about the timescale and its impact on his plans but a deal is in the offing with MIH and their bank to absorb any possible liabilities that arise.

Lloyds Bank, for their part, understand a buyer for the club is unlikely to come forward while the tax issue remains unresolved.

That has left Whyte free to focus on the nuts and bolts of his takeover and he is confident of gaining control by the middle of next month.

He has pledged £5m a season for the next five years for players and will name Ally McCoist as Gers' boss in the summer when he ends Murray's 23-year association with the club.

http://www.<No links to this website>/football/spl/2011/02/05/craig-whyte-nears-takeover-of-rangers-as-deal-looks-to-be-struck-over-tax-issue-86908-22900338/

Mcgobblegiver in telling lies shocker, deary deary me. The people who had soiled their pants worrying about mcgobblegivers doomsday scenario :lol: :lol:

Darryl King is another bear who really needs to give himself a shake. Im actually disgusted by him more than the gobblegiver

Mcgobblegiver in telling lies shocker, deary deary me. The people who had soiled their pants worrying about mcgobblegivers doomsday scenario :lol: :lol:

Darryl King is another bear who really needs to give himself a shake. Im actually disgusted by him more than the gobblegiver

you see this is the trouble. what king said is we were unsellable while this tax issue hangs over us. this just confirms that and yet your having a go at him based on this.

you see this is the trouble. what king said is we were unsellable while this tax issue hangs over us. this just confirms that and yet your having a go at him based on this.

He enjoys his time in the spotlight, he is an attention seeking cunt. Imo no bear would ever take the day a title is won to start a doomsday report. I am still angry and bitter at him for this.

He may have said we were unsellable due to the tax but it was alluded to by AJ that MIH were not only investigating the tax issue with lawyers but also ready to shoulder the burden of any tax issue.

He went along with gobblegivers wee speil the other day and once again anyone siding with a deranged maniac with a daughter who has emotional issues is obviously just as bad.

We had 2 6+ page debates thanks to these two mentioned clowns and people were taking it as gospel. DK is way down in my estimations now and I still believe the person feeding him his info was trying to get the club at bargain basement price.

But fuck it im ranting and i do not know if the takeover is a goer or not, but the tax issue will not effect us the way these 2 seem to think

He enjoys his time in the spotlight, he is an attention seeking cunt. Imo no bear would ever take the day a title is won to start a doomsday report. I am still angry and bitter at him for this.

He may have said we were unsellable due to the tax but it was alluded to by AJ that MIH were not only investigating the tax issue with lawyers but also ready to shoulder the burden of any tax issue.

He went along with gobblegivers wee speil the other day and once again anyone siding with a deranged maniac with a daughter who has emotional issues is obviously just as bad.

We had 2 6+ page debates thanks to these two mentioned clowns and people were taking it as gospel. DK is way down in my estimations now and I still believe the person feeding him his info was trying to get the club at bargain basement price.

But fuck it im ranting and i do not know if the takeover is a goer or not, but the tax issue will not effect us the way these 2 seem to think

it seems that it is very much affecting us the way darell king thinks.

your right about the other king feeding him info. i am sure of that.