The official "Takeover Completed" thread

Muff

If you think I'm feeling in the least embarrassed then you're mistaken.

If my "attacks" as you call them cause one supporter to stop and think what could become of The Rangers under his control then I'll sleep tight at night.

Anyway, you assume that's who I'm attacking.

In reality I'm attacking a London-based spiv of no particular identity. :rolleyes:

A man who has led the support from the highs to the lows, back up, back down again then round and round the garden path and, by the looks of things - he'll be running away home with the ball soon.

His style of business is not my cup of tea. His modus operandi is not my cup of tea. I know someone personally who has dealt with him in a business manner. His opinion of him is why I use the epithet 'spiv'.

His 'partner' in this fiasco doesn't fill me with much joy either.

How many clubs down south chased him out of town?

Maybe I should just drop all my misgivings and run towards him with open arms and thank him for......well, so far - nothing really.

No, actually what is embarrassing is the length of time this wee London-based spiv is fucking us about.

7-months and counting. :angry:

ffs sorry i spoke :lol:

you just come across as someone with personal issues with the man,and you seem unable to find any positive things about him taking over,

which is fair enough of course,if your mate has been stung by him in the past then that will make you weary of this whole situation.

personally,i know very little about him or his history in business.

i'm only seeing it as,'surely it can't be any worse than it is now'...

probably the wrong way to look at it,but what choice do we have,really?

we need investment so we can move forward.

and that's what he will bring,he might be a short term fix,or maybe he will take us to new heights? nobody knows the answer to that,yet.

just like we don't know what his intentions are for our club,i'm sure all will be revealed soon.

it's the uncertainty of it all that's the hard thing,we just want our future secured so we can move on.

This takeover is dead in all but name.

The Rangers Board are playing a dangerous game and they better be 100% in their doubts about Whyte.

Whytes looking More like a David Murray patsy to fish out a buyer.

If Whyte is just a Patsy, what's his motivation in all this ?

Try googling him now. All you'll see is links to Rangers and folk digging into his background.

If he is yanking our chain, becoming a Mars based spiv won't be far enough away to save him.

I'm starting to worry even more now. A person associated with Rangers, a lot longer than Craig Whyte has been, has come out and warned the fans. Is it only me that has alarm bells ringing in my head? If you are Paul Murray - a director who doesn't get paid anyways, so job security isn't really an issue- why do you come out and publicly voice concern? You would be brave to do it if it was the truth, let alone if you are lying.

Maybe Paul Murray has stepped in because he realised that the other option was Craig Whyte which in his view would be disastrous for the club? Maybe he didn't have the option of this £25million alternative offer earlier? Who knows.

SDM prefers Craig Whytes offer, no wonder, he gets a return and has nothing more to do with the HRMC case apparently. Don't be fooled into thinking that Rangers are his primary concern. I doubt that sincerely.

The committee aren't happy with his business plan. But hey ho, at least we are free of debt if we go with him eh. Its like saying lets buy a nice big fancy car off someone. Sound I got the car, bought it outright with my own cash. Fuck I'm unable to afford the petrol, insurance, maintenance etc. Gonna have to sell it. hang on I'll sell it in individual parts cos I'll get a better return.

Obviously the above is an exaggeration but do you honestly think if there was a clear future business strategy and funds were ok it would drag on gor as long as this?

This board needs replaced with people with good business sense and who hold Rangers close to the heart, like the supporters. Paul Murray isn't the answer. But I doubt that Craig Whyte is the answer. And it is sad to how bad things have gotten that we are desperate for an unknown to takeover.

Sometimes its better the devil you know.

I support paying off the debt and getting LIoyds out of Ibrox as we are paying 1million per year in loan payments and some 2million in interest thats 50-60k per week going out that can be invested in Rangers and I think thatis vital to our future success

The capital and interest payments are less than £2million per annum and falling not the £3million you claim.

Everybody supports reducing the debt but what's the point of exchanging a safe, steady manageable term loan for a more onerous form of debt. Craig Whyte may well intend to pay off LBG but he has no intention of making us "debt free". The LBG term loan is the biggest red herring in this whole sorry sea.

Meanwhile, Gers chairman Alastair Johnston last night denied Whyte's bid was about to be booted into touch.

He said: "As chairman of the club I must remain objective and judicious. What I can say is the board have not, at this point in time, rejected Craig Whyte's proposal.

"We are working through an over- whelmingly complicated series of due diligence, much more complicated than meets the eye. There is a lot going on behind the scenes." Rival bidder Paul Murray was last night branded an 'irrelevance' by the Whyte camp.

Ibrox director Murray hit out at Whyte's bid - and urged Sir David Murray to knock back the £35m deal.

A Whyte source said: "Paul Murray is an irrelevance, a sideshow.

"He does not have a deal on the table and he does not even have proof of funding.

"He has been asking for honesty for the supporters but why then will he not say which businessman is going to fund any deal?

"Also, where was Paul Murray and where were these unnamed people when the club was in trouble?"

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3562016/Hell-do-the-Trick-for-Gers.html#ixzz1LKm2Ti3M

That bit sticks out for me. 'At this point in time' :unsure:

Read more: http://www.thescotti...l#ixzz1LKm2Ti3M

That bit sticks out for me. 'At this point in time' :unsure:

This say's a lot ffs

"We are working through an over- whelmingly complicated series of due diligence, much more complicated than meets the eye. There is a lot going on behind the scenes

If you think I'm feeling in the least embarrassed then you're mistaken.

If my "attacks" as you call them cause one supporter to stop and think what could become of The Rangers under his control then I'll sleep tight at night.

Anyway, you assume that's who I'm attacking.

In reality I'm attacking a London-based spiv of no particular identity. :rolleyes:

A man who has led the support from the highs to the lows, back up, back down again then round and round the garden path and, by the looks of things - he'll be running away home with the ball soon.

His style of business is not my cup of tea. His modus operandi is not my cup of tea. I know someone personally who has dealt with him in a business manner. His opinion of him is why I use the epithet 'spiv'.

His 'partner' in this fiasco doesn't fill me with much joy either.

How many clubs down south chased him out of town?

Maybe I should just drop all my misgivings and run towards him with open arms and thank him for......well, so far - nothing really.

No, actually what is embarrassing is the length of time this wee London-based spiv is fucking us about.

7-months and counting. :angry:

The longer this drags out, the more I'm starting to side with you on this CB (I'm sure you'll be thrilled), its not just the time its taking, its more the lack of information and interviews from Whyte himself.

He has dangled the carrot to us desperate fans of clearing the debt and giving us a much needed warchest to compete with the bheggars, without telling us the price of this carrot. I would just once like to hear him say how much owning Rangers would mean to him.

Also, dodging paying the taxman IMO, is one thing, but IF he has any history of sloping regular punters who are trying to run a small business, then that is another thing altogether. To me, Whyte right now is like wanting to bet a horse but seeing a blank space where its previous form should be, and having no idea who its jockey is (or even if it has one).

One other thing that confuses me though is, if he and his pals see us as a way to make money through redevelopment etc., how come our board can't persuade other (more well known investors) to do the same ?

If our board are against this move, then I really want to believe it's because they see something they don't like, rather than self preservation alone. Fuck, we have to trust someone. :anguish:

I think it's interesting to speculate that if this whole circus was going on across the city the great unwashed would be issuing death threats to the incumbents by now to make them sling their hooks.

The big worry for me is that if the takeover doesn't happen soon we may start losing our better players and if the season ticket sales fall away all the progress of recent years will be thrown away :(

I think it's interesting to speculate that if this whole circus was going on across the city the great unwashed would be issuing death threats to the incumbents by now to make them sling their hooks.

The big worry for me is that if the takeover doesn't happen soon we may start losing our better players and if the season ticket sales fall away all the progress of recent years will be thrown away :(

I have to agree.

I would like to know what this difficult period of due diligence is all about, I thought this had already been completed? I see spiers has Hung his neck out but I still reckon nothing will happen till the end of the season. Would like to be proved wrong though! Good to see ally is targeting players but I wish this whole fiasco would come too so we know which list were using!

The capital and interest payments are less than £2million per annum and falling not the £3million you claim.

Everybody supports reducing the debt but what's the point of exchanging a safe, steady manageable term loan for a more onerous form of debt. Craig Whyte may well intend to pay off LBG but he has no intention of making us "debt free". The LBG term loan is the biggest red herring in this whole sorry sea.

Whats safe, steady and manageable about losing your top scorer on a bosman, selling another top scorer for a pittance, not being sble to offer our best players new contracts until it is too late, repeatedly selling off key players at a loss and cutting cost after cost just because of the level of debt we are in? :(

A red herring? Pretty soon, possibly next season in fact, we will have a wage bill not much bigger than Hearts! Hows that for the biggest club in the country?

Manageable? Dont make me laugh. Steady? Its certainly not! Safe? Whatever that means when you see the consequences of said loan.

Whats safe, steady and manageable about losing your top scorer on a bosman, selling another top scorer for a pittance, not being sble to offer our best players new contracts until it is too late, repeatedly selling off key players at a loss and cutting cost after cost just because of the level of debt we are in? :(

A red herring? Pretty soon, possibly next season in fact, we will have a wage bill not much bigger than Hearts! Hows that for the biggest club in the country?

Manageable? Dont make me laugh. Steady? Its certainly not! Safe? Whatever that means when you see the consequences of said loan.

the term loan never caused any of what you describe.

forlans right its a red herring.

That's part of what bothers me, our board know this also, so you would think they would welcome Whyte with open arms and I just refuse to believe they are not doing so for their own selfish ends.

We must at least consider that they see something they don't like and how can we totally condemn them when we really know hee haw ?

For me, the lack of information about any of this is a lot more worrying than the length of time it's taking, 7 months and none of us can dig up anything of substance of whyte or his backers (if he has any).

There usually is no free lunch, and I would like to know a little about the cost of ours. We have been complaining about the fans being kept in the dark the last couple of seasons, but Whyte doesn't exactly seem the real gabby type himself.

As has ben said many times; SDM is in favour,Lloyds have given their blessing,all Whyte has to do,if he is serious,is make an official bid.The committee is surely just a red herring,buy the club,convene a board meeting,select a new board; is that just too simple?

Still getting the feeling that whyte/ellis are being cut loose , wether it's regarding lack of funding / not enough proof or they have served their purpose to get A N Other actual bid on the table

there isnt another bid on the table, there isnt even A bid on the table

for all we know murray and co could be spouting about this 25million quid guy blah blah blah, just to get rid of whyte, once he's gone they could hit out with "ah the guy felt it was too much, didnt agree terms blah blah blah"

and seeing as we know nothing of the mystery man, we cannot blame anyone

Have they moved the deadline back from 12th may?

I reckon they are in for a big shock if they don't.

An ever growing number of folk are holding back until they see what happens. I don't believe that is what is behind this, though the tims would have us believe otherwise.

It might not be the reason behind this, but it has certainly caused me to hold back. I'm not paying to keep the current regime in power as they are killing my club.

I don't do that lightly, but they aren't getting away with mushrooming this bear any more, and I suspect there are now many thousands feeling the same.

If that's what it takes to get their attention so be it.

I may be called "less of a fan" but am I a better fan if I help those killing Rangers in the job ?

I reckon they are in for a big shock if they don't.

An ever growing number of folk are holding back until they see what happens. I don't believe that is what is behind this, though the tims would have us believe otherwise.

It might not be the reason behind this, but it has certainly caused me to hold back. I'm not paying to keep the current regime in power as they are killing my club.

I don't do that lightly, but they aren't getting away with mushrooming this bear any more, and I suspect there are now many thousands feeling the same.

If that's what it takes to get their attention so be it.

I may be called "less of a fan" but am I a better fan if I help those killing Rangers in the job ?

So you won't be buying a ST unless there is a takeover, but how many more will take that stand? I would say not many, and that as the new season draws near, they will bite the bullet and purchase once again.

You can bet that Murray knows this too!