The official "Takeover Completed" thread

Can someone please explain to me what the board have to gain by stalling on this deal.

Apart from Bain they are not in it for the money as they are all successful in their own right away from Rangers.

If they wanted to continue watching the team home and away they could do so with ease.

Are we to believe they are so small minded that they want to keep their seat in the board and their blazer at the expense of what's best for the Club?

They obviously know something is not right with Whyte or his bid or both.

Yes they haven't exactly covered themselves in glory with the way they have handled certain aspects of this bid but neither has Whyte and neither has Murray.

Together they are collectively going to be responsible for either saving the club or killing it off.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So, in summary (admittedly a long-winded one) we appear to have three different camps in this thread: Camp 1: Pro-Whyte Key arguments in favour: 1 - Get Lloyds largely out of Ranger's decision making

Lol maybe an extreme but honestly eeryome hand on hearts where do you see us In five years?

If rangers appeal they will end up docking leauge points. The dark cloud is coming and it's about to pish all over ibrox and when the rain evaporates we will have a brand new 24 hour tescos.

Posted Images

I've never really understood the "Won't buy ST until I find out what's going on" position.

I totally respect people's choice to do what they like, but it's still YOUR team, support them through thick or thin.

Worst case (well not worst, large HMRC bill and administration would be worse) - takeover doesn't go through, downsize even more, playing staff reduced, we end up 5th in the table at end of next season, worse football than ever, Celtic walking the league etc.

We wouldn't be happy of course, but refusing to go to games with the "football is shite" line is bizarre to me, and dare I say it, smacks of the glory hunter types who only go when we are winning.

Support our team NOW. If you usually buy a season ticket, buy your season ticket as normal.

m8, its not the team any1 has a problem with its the board,sdm and lloyds. if there are no changes soon your(ours) season ticket money is just going to pay off some more debt to lloyds. i want my cash to be put into the footballing side of things not anywhere else. i also want the current board removed takeover or not.

the current board have had 4yrs to improve our situation and if anything they have made it worse. our debt gets smaller yet we are still forced to make cuts. we have the poorest squad in my time as a rangers supporter(30yrs). theres no doubt i will buy a season ticket but i will not be in any hurry to do it. there will be plenty of season tickets available in august and we may have a better idea of the situation by then.

blindly supporting the club isnt doing us any favours. the board play on our loyalty and know no matter how bad a job they do we will still pay up.

blind loyalty is the biggest problem we have as a support imho

m8, its not the team any1 has a problem with its the board,sdm and lloyds. if there are no changes soon your(ours) season ticket money is just going to pay off some more debt to lloyds. i want my cash to be put into the footballing side of things not anywhere else. i also want the current board removed takeover or not.

the current board have had 4yrs to improve our situation and if anything they have made it worse. our debt gets smaller yet we are still forced to make cuts. we have the poorest squad in my time as a rangers supporter(30yrs). theres no doubt i will buy a season ticket but i will not be in any hurry to do it. there will be plenty of season tickets available in august and we may have a better idea of the situation by then.

blindly supporting the club isnt doing us any favours. the board play on our loyalty and know no matter how bad a job they do we will still pay up.

I'm on record with this one so this isn't a knee-jerk reaction for the benefit of this thread.

I'm now into my 5th season without a smart card. It's a self-imposed ban for myself to stop me giving lump sums up front to the lying charlatan in Edinburgh.

I've never missed a game at Ibrox during that period (well, there was that one night when I was ill) and get to most away games in Scotland. I stopped going abroad when they introduced the Travel Club fee - that was never about the money (since gone up) but more about the principal of the thing. I will continue my boycott of the TC.

As for my SC boycott - well, I've said that I'll not renew that until Murray has gone. As it stands he's still here, so there's another season for me as pay-as-you-go.

Sadly I think I've posted this story at least once per season on here and elsewhere. It's a debate that keeps popping up - the "I'm a bigger/better/more loyal supporter than you because I'm a season ticket holder" one.

That line of thinking never was true and it never will be.

Why do I have that gut-wrenching feeling that I'll be repeating the post this time next Spring?

:disappointment:

ogbg likes this

I want this sorted one way or another ASAP so we can actually find out what is/has been going on.

I'm going to hazard a guess that no one on this site or any other has any real idea what is going on.

The speculation and downright 'slagging' of Mr Whyte who may or may not be our next owner without having any hard facts is quite embarrassing.

Sadly I think I've posted this story at least once per season on here and elsewhere. It's a debate that keeps popping up - the "I'm a bigger/better/more loyal supporter than you because I'm a season ticket holder" one.

That line of thinking never was true and it never will be.

Not comparing like for like, you still go to the games.

I'll make it less about the season ticket then, I'll never understand those that refuse to go at all (when they usually do, whether ST or pay as you go) when it will only hurt the club.

I understand what you all are saying though, taking a stand and all that, each to their own.

Not comparing like for like, you still go to the games.

I'll make it less about the season ticket then, I'll never understand those that refuse to go at all (when they usually do, whether ST or pay as you go) when it will only hurt the club.

I understand what you all are saying though, taking a stand and all that, each to their own.

No problem.... however, I'm also standing up for the little guy - the guy who can barely afford to go to games every week because circumstances have changed or are difficult for him. Job losses, low wages, etc. The price of match tickets is another area that needs to be looked at, especially for those on low or fixed incomes. I mean - who thought up the pricing structure for those two Scottish Cup ties (at Ibrox and the Glitter Arena) this season? Forty-fucking-quid a pop for an early-round tie??

Now there's a reason for sanity to be called for. It's unsustainable and that alongside this early-kick-off shit to suit live TV will cause the numbers to drop further.

(Sorry, I'm off on a tangent here - but it's a subject that rattles my cage).

Rangers have for years assumed that come Hell or high water the Bears will automatically renew - without even thinking about it.

That day has passed - in no small measure thanks to the pricing structure I've mentioned, but for many they see the club they love abandon them and hang us out to dry against our enemies.

Prices can be restructured and even brought down to reality - the 'abandoning' thing is a more emotional one.

That can take years of recovery - sometimes it never comes back. :disappointment:

No problem.... however, I'm also standing up for the little guy - the guy who can barely afford to go to games every week because circumstances have changed or are difficult for him. Job losses, low wages, etc. The price of match tickets is another area that needs to be looked at, especially for those on low or fixed incomes. I mean - who thought up the pricing structure for those two Scottish Cup ties (at Ibrox and the Glitter Arena) this season? Forty-fucking-quid a pop for an early-round tie??

Now there's a reason for sanity to be called for. It's unsustainable and that alongside this early-kick-off shit to suit live TV will cause the numbers to drop further.

(Sorry, I'm off on a tangent here - but it's a subject that rattles my cage).

Rangers have for years assumed that come Hell or high water the Bears will automatically renew - without even thinking about it.

That day has passed - in no small measure thanks to the pricing structure I've mentioned, but for many they see the club they love abandon them and hang us out to dry against our enemies.

Prices can be restructured and even brought down to reality - the 'abandoning' thing is a more emotional one.

That can take years of recovery - sometimes it never comes back. :disappointment:

Yeah, that's a much bigger can of worms.

This whole affair is now bordering on pantomime. First of all Whyte was the messiah, the saviour, a self made billionaire, lifelong Rangers fan.

His bid has now taken 7 months of stories, due diligence does not take this long. Even taking into account the tangled web SDM has woven, bank loans, tax bills on and on.

How many times have we heard 48 hours it will be done. Only to be left flat again and again. Yes a lot of this has been newspaper speculation, mischevious or otherwise.

We have had statements from RFC via Bain via The chairman. But nothing from CW himself or from his camp.

Then just as its about to be done, surprise out of the blue ( no pun intended ) we have a rival bid from our directors who suddenly have been able to lay their collective hands on 20 mil of funds to be used to rebuild the playing group if their bid is accepted. But where is the bid, it so far is exactly the same as CW all speculation, no one has actually seen the colour of their money so to speak. They all claim to have Rangers best interests at heart, SDM, CW, PM and co, but so far all they are doing is making a once great club the laughing stock of european football.

This thread will soon reach the magical 500 pages of posts from fans who seem to be the only ones who have the interests of the club at heart. Over the last 7 months there would not be too many days/nights that I have not logged on here, scottish newspapers, The London Stock Exchange, the official website just hoping every day for someone with money to have taken us over, to get the bank off our backs, to have given WS some money to buy new players to give us more of a chance to win three in a row.

I am now thoroughly sickened by these so called supporters of our club playing games with the lives of the fans, to whom Rangers is more than a business or a football club, to us this club is part of our family its our lives. Yet these bastards cannot even come out and tell us the truth as to what is going on, instead they hide behind stock market rules, double speak statements, they make great politicians. Just in case they think that is a compliment I rate politicians lower than a snakes belly.

Just get fucking on with it you two faced lying bastards either buy us or fuck off and let us get on with it.

bluejeff and CoopersLeftBoot like this

This whole affair is now bordering on pantomime. First of all Whyte was the messiah, the saviour, a self made billionaire, lifelong Rangers fan......

Exactly how I'm feeling about this whole carry on now. First time I've been sucked in to post on this thread and hopefully the last.

Well for 48 hours anyway ;)

could say the same for blindly not supporting it.

Is there not an emergency board meeting at Ibrox this morning called By SDM and Lloyds to forec this through and basically give the Board notice??

There is a meeting apparently but i couldnt tell you if its for the reasons stated

There is a meeting apparently but i couldnt tell you if its for the reasons stated

cheers pal, probably everything but the feckin takeover, so sick of it, just wish they would get it done so we can get back to doing what's best, and that's keepin' Timothy down!

WATP

could say the same for blindly not supporting it.

theres nothing blind about the clubs problems, they are there for all too see.

and if you read my post i never said i wouldnt support, just not going to rush and give the idiots currently running our club my money. the only way the average supporter like myself can voice my anger at them is to stop giving them our dough or atleast hold out until the last minute to pay it.

maybe your happy with aj & co but i am totally sick of them. takeover or no takeover we need new men at the helm of our club and new ideas and directions took to get us out this mess without also limiting the kind of squad we have to put on the park.

bain,aj,greig and the rest need to go and we need-

a fulltime chairman

a ceo who will stand up too our attackers and will also do much better dealings in the transfer market, both buying and selling of our players.

we need a pr man who is quick on the draw and will push more positives out about our support and clubs while also having digs at others who try to blacken the clubs name.

and most importantly, we need someone who is very very good financially and can set up plans to move forward whether we are bought or not.

Why would there be a need for an EGM, SDM's shares carry the day any time any place, for some reason he SDM has failed to use that power, the interesting thing is he who is SDM's proxy on the board.

Everybody keep calling Whyte a chancer but everythime there is a delay or whatever its someone in the fucking club thats causing.

Why is Whyte suddenly the bad guy? The people blocking this move from Rangers end have an agenda that been well known for years: get the club for as little as possible. I've no doubt that could easily mean administration.

I want this done. I dont care if Whyte isnt a real Rangers man.

I havent been given one solid concrete reason why he souldnt be allowed to buy Rangers but yet the people who intend to drag the club to the depth of ADMINISTRATION(Along wih ALL the fans suffering)so they can buy the club that they love(pff)on the cheap are somehow the best option.

Might be needing a few of they diddys Aberdeen released, right in our price range, right Mr Johnston?

I wnat this marked. I want everyone to remember who thinks its a good idea to cut Whyte loose and come back this time next season when we've lost he league by 20 fucking points.

You'll be the first ones greeting about it guaran-fuckin-teed.

theres nothing blind about the clubs problems, they are there for all too see.

and if you read my post i never said i wouldnt support, just not going to rush and give the idiots currently running our club my money. the only way the average supporter like myself can voice my anger at them is to stop giving them our dough or atleast hold out until the last minute to pay it.

maybe your happy with aj & co but i am totally sick of them. takeover or no takeover we need new men at the helm of our club and new ideas and directions took to get us out this mess without also limiting the kind of squad we have to put on the park.

bain,aj,greig and the rest need to go and we need-

a fulltime chairman

a ceo who will stand up too our attackers and will also do much better dealings in the transfer market, both buying and selling of our players.

we need a pr man who is quick on the draw and will push more positives out about our support and clubs while also having digs at others who try to blacken the clubs name.

and most importantly, we need someone who is very very good financially and can set up plans to move forward whether we are bought or not.

so you're still going to pay??

glad we cleared that up in less that 100 lines off shit.

clubs problems arent that clear - as its all at boardroom level where the problems arise.

as far as everything else goes we had a good season (not great - but could have been worse).

Holding out till the very last minute doesnt do anything to anyone, but if it make you feel improtant rock on

Everybody keep calling Whyte a chancer but everythime there is a delay or whatever its someone in the fucking club thats causing.

Why is Whyte suddenly the bad guy? The people blocking this move from Rangers end have an agenda that been well known for years: get the club for as little as possible. I've no doubt that could easily mean administration.

I want this done. I dont care if Whyte isnt a real Rangers man.

I havent been given one solid concrete reason why he souldnt be allowed to buy Rangers but yet the people who intend to drag the club to the depth of ADMINISTRATION(Along wih ALL the fans suffering)so they can buy the club that they love(pff)on the cheap are somehow the best option.

Might be needing a few of they diddys Aberdeen released, right in our price range, right Mr Johnston?

I wnat this marked. I want everyone to remember who thinks its a good idea to cut Whyte loose and come back this time next season when we've lost he league by 20 fucking points.

You'll be the first ones greeting about it guaran-fuckin-teed.

images7.jpg:lol:

Bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored boredbored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored boredbored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored boredbored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored boredbored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored boredbored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored boredbored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored boredbored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored boredbored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored boredbored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored boredbored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored boredbored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored boredbored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored boredbored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored boredbored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored boredbored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored

I AM BORED OF THIS. SHIT OR GET OFF THE PAN.

images7.jpg:lol:

Hysterical.

Something wrong with me worrying about how my manager is gonna achieve fuck all the next few seasons?

See this attitude. Its either a big joke or its Whytes evil or some other horseshit.

How the fuck do you think we ended up in thsi postition to start with?

Cos drama queens like me were dismissed.