The official "Takeover Completed" thread

Muff

Would the stock exchange not know first? or have I been reading that side of things the wrong way?

I'd imagine he means its been agreed and a bit is imminent? When does the SE shut today? half 4 or 5?

Endless possibilities: after the close of play, bid made before 5, first thing tomorrow morning etc.

I'd imagine he means its been agreed and a bit is imminent? When does the SE shut today? half 4 or 5?

Endless possibilities: after the close of play, bid made before 5, first thing tomorrow morning etc.

as long as they inform plus, they could then annouce it a 8 tonight if they wanted.

4:30 close

From the evening times 3 hours ago:

Craig Whyte remains confident of pushing through his takeover of Rangers this week – despite the Ibrox board’s reservations about his bid.Whyte’s prolonged buy-out of the champions has left fans frustrated as the future of the club hangs in the balance.

The Rangers hierarchy, including chairman Alastair Johnston, have expressed their doubts over the Motherwell businessman’s ability to fund the club in the long term.

They believe his proposal favours Lloyds Banking Group, who would be repaid their £18million debt in full, and not the Gers.

A second option, led by non-executive director Paul Murray, has come to fore but Whyte remains in pole position to seal a deal this week.

It is believed the board are ready to approve but not endorse Whyte’s bid.

Johnston said: “As chairman of the committee I must remain objective and judicious.

“What I can say is the board have not, at this point in time, rejected Craig Whyte’s proposal.

“We are working through an overwhelmingly complicated series of due diligence, much more complicated than meets the eye.

“There is a lot going on behind the scenes. I’m sure fans understand we have to do the right thing.”

as long as they inform plus, they could then annouce it a 8 tonight if they wanted.

4:30 close

Aww aye its plus were with! forgot.

Well in that case, it could well be done. We'll need to wait and see. I won't be getting to excited though - back to angry birds we go.