The official "Takeover Completed" thread

Muff

well lets be honest here, wtf has john greig done for rangers in the last 20 odd yrs???? fuck all probs.

we are his meal ticket and he probs fears of losing it if whyte gets control.

dnt mean to bad mouth a gers legend, but it needs said.

maybe greig wasnt 1 of the commitee who are against it. as i heard it wasnt the whole commitee that felt this way.

Totally agree mate.

Anyone voting against it could have a vested interest.

i dont believe for one second they would do anything that wasnt best for rangers.

one of them is john greig ffs.

Who was a legend how many years ago? Along wae Jardine.

What qualifications do any of these two guys have tae be making decisions that affect the future of the Rangers (other than they played for the club with distinction)?

I'd hazard a guess that it's guys like this that don't want Whyte near the club, as they may not be around too much longer when he takes over.

Does it really?

Only if you're not just guessing about what he actually does.

enlighten me too what a gr8 job he has done for rangers f.c in the last 20yrs????

its harsh words im saying, i agree, but because a player was a legend does not mean we need to look after them for life.

What qualifications do any of these two guys have tae be making decisions that affect the future of the Rangers (other than they played for the club with distinction)?

I'd hazard a guess that it's guys like this that don't want Whyte near the club, as they may not be around too much longer when he takes over.

nail on head

enlighten me too what a gr8 job he has done for rangers f.c in the last 20yrs????

its harsh words im saying, i agree, but because a player was a legend does not mean we need to look after them for life.

I don't know, but neither do you by the sounds of it. That's all I'm saying.

He at least deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Where is John Greig when we are being slated in the press?

You see club legends even with no remaining connection to a club coming out and defending them. Greig is employed by Rangers no less but appears to do nothing.

you think whyte will come in and boot or the greatest ever ranger and jardine.

cant see it myself. they may not be popular on here but this place is hardly representative.

thats 1 of the problems, we have too many former players still making a living from our club. now in the past i didnt mind this as we could afford it, but now imo they are taking money out the club that could be better spent.

also this commitee should have been made up of men who have nothing to do with the club atm.

Why would the guy voted greatest ever ranger not be around whoever takes over ?

Greig and jardines role in this will be next to zero, whatever panel they are a part of...

there would need to be an egm for that to happen. also a vote of all shareholders

thats the last thing sdm would want he would need to front up to answer questions or at very least the directors would get to speak out.

but with murray being the majority then if he wants it then it'll happen - no doubt.

Hostile take overs are rare in business these days but if he is willing to sack the whole board and replace them with more yes men (probably Whytes people) then that'll be done.

if he was doing anything worthwhile, we would know abt it. i honestly take no joy out of what im saying, but believe to be correct

but with murray being the majority then if he wants it then it'll happen - no doubt.

Hostile take overs are rare in business these days but if he is willing to sack the whole board and replace them with more yes men (probably Whytes people) then that'll be done.

sure but he wil need to have an egm to do it.

i am fairly sure of that.

Greig and Jardine are figureheads for the club.

None of them have the required qualifications to run a club/business the size of Rangers FC that I'm aware of.

If they have, and you know of these qualifications, I'll gladly stand corrected.

Why would the guy voted greatest ever ranger not be around whoever takes over ?

Greig and jardines role in this will be next to zero, whatever panel they are a part of...

Greig is on the Committee who have been charged with deciding whether someone is the right person to be taking over the club.

I've already asked the question. What are his qaulifications in a business sense to be charged with making such decisions?

Greig is on the Committee who have been charged with deciding whether someone is the right person to be taking over the club.

I've already asked the question. What are his qaulifications in a business sense to be charged with making such decisions?

They've been working under a conniving cunt for years, that's qualification enough!

i just think its a wild assumption that theese people are just doing there matea favour or trying to keep there jobs.

aj will go regardless hes said as much

bain is on a shoogly peg either way unless hes better at his job than is made out and then its fine if he stays

john mcleland will likley stay

d macintyre could go i suppose but may well be needed.

j greig will be there till he dies unless whyte is a retard.

d king will stay he is a big shareholder and p murray may well of course but they arent on the comitte.

as for sdm threatening them with the heave ho bain will have a contract and if sdm wants his last act to be getting rid of the two chairmen who rescued him when he couldnt hack the criticism anymore and the greatest ever ranger hes more retarded than we could ever have guessed.

it just doesnt seem likley in the real world.

what does is theese men are all rangers men through and through and want time and space to make the right decision. after all this decsion could shape rangers destiny for decades to come.

people should ask thenselves what they would do in this situation then consider why any other rangers man should be different. before running of at the lip.