The official "Takeover Completed" thread

Muff

No idea , most likely Bears well GCL is but from other posters on FF he wasn't well liked over there either , kinda like TWB without the charisma , as for Spangles i have my doubts as he only ever appears in these types of threads ...

Not everyone is going to blindly accept this is a good deal for rangers just because it may happen.

If this guy can buy us , rebuild usand take us forward then yahoo....but i have serious doubts.

I certainly won't be happy if I'm right about this

Just to be boring I remain sceptical. Nobody can be excited until we know what Whyte's plans are. Until then any joy or confidence is unfounded.

You and your sceptism :craphead:

Frankie lets face it mate, we do have to be sceptical but alot of Rangers fans have decome disillusioned with life under Murray and in general with how the club is run in the last 5 years.

Those like me with no business brain will get excited.

So he should have some spare change then for Ally to spend.

Ultimately that is the hope. Someone also said earlier that the Champions League money will become available and because we'll be in the black Ally will also have that to spend.

We must remain responsible, though.

Not everyone is going to blindly accept this is a good deal for rangers just because it may happen.

If this guy can buy us , rebuild usand take us forward then yahoo....but i have serious doubts.

I certainly won't be happy if I'm right about this

Aw man, fer fecks sake cheer up. :anguish:

The BBC's take on proceedings:

Pretty much the same as everywhere else although this seems to be a recap and clarifying some points regarding Murray's stake etc. make of it what you will.

One of the main obstacles to businessmen Craig Whyte and Andrew Ellis's takeover of Rangers appears to have been cleared.

Lloyds Bank are close to an agreement with the duo over wiping out the Ibrox club's debt.

Agreement with the bank would mean that the only remaining hurdle for Whyte and Ellis is to conclude terms with currrent owner Sir David Murray.

The pair have been weighing up a deal since November.

However, it is understood that the conclusion of any such deal would leave Murray responsible for any of Rangers' remaining tax liabilities.

Earlier this week it was understood the main sticking point to the deal related to certain financial demands by the bank.

But Lloyds rejected this notion, saying it "categorically denies the existence of any exit or 'redemption' fee".

Whyte, a Rangers fan who grew up in Motherwell, has targeted Thursday for the deal to be concluded, one in which London-based property developer Ellis would become a 25% partner.

Rangers are expected to announce on Thursday that the club's debt with Lloyds has been cut to about £21m from the £27.1m figure recorded in June.

Sources close to the deal had said the bank's desire for a payment of more than £1m was just one of the key stumbling blocks to the proposed deal.

The bank's statement continued: "Any potential takeover is a matter for Rangers Football Club and its shareholders.

"Suggestions that Lloyds Banking Group is blocking a deal to acquire the club are baseless and without foundation.

"We understand the concerns of Rangers' supporters, given recent media speculation.

"Lloyds Banking Group recognises the importance of Rangers FC to its supporters, shareholders and to the wider football industry in Scotland.

"We are committed to supporting the board of Rangers FC in their plan to ensure the financial stability of the club."

_51881529_4247913.jpg Craig Whyte made his money as a venture capitalist

Murray's shareholding of the club is around the 85% mark. He is thought to be looking for £6m for his shares, the same amount he paid for a controlling interest in the club in 1988.

He stepped down as chairman in August 2009 and relinquished his place on the board.

Ellis's RFC Holdings had tried to buy the club last year but that bid collapsed. Although he is involved with Whyte's bid, Ellis will not put any money in up front.

The financial machinations have left fans of the club "weary with it all", according to Rangers Supporters Trust spokesman Stephen Smith.

He said: "There have been various deadlines which have come and gone, the first being in December when there was talk of Walter Smith getting money for the January transfer window, with another being in February.

"But meanwhile, it seems the bank's restriction have been detrimental to our abilities on the pitch.

"We have had to go with five loan players in our squad, while fighting in all three domestic competitions and in Europe.

"Now we are down to one competition, the title race, and that might come down to fine margins.

"And if Rangers lose out then Rangers fans will not forgive the bank."

Frankie lets face it mate, we do have to be sceptical but alot of Rangers fans have decome disillusioned with life under Murray and in general with how the club is run in the last 5 years.

Those like me with no brain will get excited.

At least yer honest mate!

We do know that Minty and the bank are screwing the club into the ground and crippling our ability to field a decent team more every season.

How much worse can Whyte be ?

Getting out from under Murray can surely only be a good thing.

Aw man, fer fecks sake cheer up. :anguish:

Just calling it as I see it, I'm probably one if the most positive posters on here but until it gets shown how he will fund this bid and us going forward I will be sceptical to say the very least .

People seem to be accepting anything so long as they are rid of sir david

Those like me with no business brain will get excited.

I don't any bear for being happy - I'm fascinated in what life with Murray will be like.

Obviously I remain hopeful (and excited) that Whyte is the key to out future. However, we just don't know enough to really abandon our caution - that's the only certainty for the moment.

I don't any bear for being happy - I'm fascinated in what life with Murray will be like.

Obviously I remain hopeful (and excited) that Whyte is the key to out future. However, we just don't know enough to really abandon our caution - that's the only certainty for the moment.

Of course Frankie. Its understandable but its also a very exciting time in many ways.

However no deal has been done so it still remains to be seen.

Would stock market rules still permit him from outlining future plans?

The BBC's take on proceedings:

Pretty much the same as everywhere else although this seems to be a recap and clarifying some points regarding Murray's stake etc. make of it what you will.

I just hope that wasn't his expression after seeing the books!

EDIT: aww it didn't qoute his picture :disappointment:

Of course Frankie. Its understandable but its also a very exciting time in many ways.

However no deal has been done so it still remains to be seen.

Would stock market rules still permit him from outlining future plans?

I think once all the legal stuff is done and Whyte has the front door keys to Ibrox he’ll have a open press conf and will sit and outline his plans with Ellis. He’s got to tbh