***The Official Bursaspor vs. Rangers Thread***

Muff

I love Wattie, but there are times you have to call it like it is. We give teams far too much space and respect sometimes.

So calling him a dinosaur is "calling it like it is" ? The guy comes on and spouts the same pish every week. He's a fuckin' wank.

Everyone's game dropped, but I think that was in part due to the fact we didn't have Naismith and Miller making the runs and dragging players about. Weiss did absolutely nothing when he came on, not run, not anything. Naismith was giving them a torrid time and they were struggling. Weiss just didn't do that.

by the time weiss came on the turks were far too on top

Sick and fucking tired of ppl defending this! How many fucking champions league games has smith won in his whole time with rangers? Negative shite as usual and holding on to 1-0 at half time and having 30% possesion against a shitty team who never even played at full strength is bullshit. For anyone to say otherwise is just blinded by love for Walter and can't admit that he's cost us with his negative tactics and formations!

Yawn. :rolleyes:

If you have a look at how this guy reacts week in week out, you'll see what I mean. The lack of respect given to Walter is ridiculous.

I understand m8, it has to be balanced criticism. Walter has his good points and bad, as do we all.

Frustrating to see the space we allow players to operate in, though. Oh for some lions like Wee Doddie or Bud Johnston in there that will take no prisoners... :(

they did once the turks came at us, second half was wave after wave and the young lads did look a bit out of depth

not their fault mind you

yeah we were pretty poor at times. Just trying to be positive since this experience has to be a good thing for them.(tu)

I love Wattie, but there are times you have to call it like it is. We give teams far too much space and respect sometimes.

Walter has been fantastic for us since he came back and with the squad he's had he's done well. But I'm not gonna pretend to be happy with the fact that we are brutal in Europe with him! We really are a joke when we don't press up the pitch, don't close teams down, hit long shitty balls up to miller to chase.

Walters a legend, no doubt but I, for one, will be glad to see a fresh approach even in the spl when he leaves.

I don't agree with the criticism of Smith, but what I do agree with is that he should have loosened the chain a little and made it less about defending and trying to nick something. This team were there for the taking, and we didn't do anything about it. It will be interesting to see what tactics McCoist adopts.

Walter has been fantastic for us since he came back and with the squad he's had he's done well. But I'm not gonna pretend to be happy with the fact that we are brutal in Europe with him! We really are a joke when we don't press up the pitch, don't close teams down, hit long shitty balls up to miller to chase.

Walters a legend, no doubt but I, for one, will be glad to see a fresh approach even in the spl when he leaves.

I thought he was a "fuckin' dinosaur" but ? Changed your tune fast.