Hugh Dallas is appealing his sacking.

Hugh Dallas has lodged an official appeal against his sacking as the SFA head of referee development.

Former World Cup whistler Dallas and four other SFA employees were dismissed for forwarding an e-mail which linked the visit of the Pope to Scotland with the child abuse scandal within the Roman Catholic Church.

Under the governing body’s disciplinary procedures, the five staff members had until yesterday to appeal against the sanction.

And Dallas is one of four of the group to have done so – and he will now have his case looked at once again by SFA president George Peat.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/editor-s-picks/hugh-dallas-appeals-sacking-with-sfa-1.1073240

I really hope he wins, as being sacked for something which has probably did the rounds in a lot more places than the SFA is terrible and he's being used as a scapegoat.

Good for him. If every person was sacked for sending a so called offensive e-mail then Scotland's dole queues would be 20 times as long as they currently are. I know I would be.

As much as I feel sorry for Dallas I am even more sorry for the other people who lost their job. Hugh Dallas is respected throughout European football and I would fully expect him to take up a position in UEFA if he doesn't get his job back. The others who were sacked have been caught up in Celtics and Catholic Church's vendetta against the SFA and are paying a huge price.

The Catholic Church should get their own house in order before preaching to anyone else.

Good on him,I'm sure Gunslinger mentioned this a week or so ago.

Hope he wins (tu)

just the first step he wont win.

but i think he will win overall.

what you have to ask is why only the record printed te truth which was that he was sacked.

the rest lied and said he resigned.