If SDM is to leave in 2 or 3 years

Danny

Would you not rather he just moved on now?

Maybe he's waiting for the 'right' buying to come along, and doesn't trust just anyone to take Rangers over, but at the same time, the fact we know his heart is probably not in it any more, given he wants to move on, is it really worth it for anyone that he stays as chairman for the moment?

This is not a SDM GTF ATYBBWY, it's just a realistic appraisal of what we stand to gain right now under his tenure, given his eyes are elsewhere now.

Thoughts?

the simple fact is...he WONT leave just now. it just wont happen. it will happen in about 3 years probobly. But tbh it would be better for him to move on now. We have a new management team in place thats worked wonders for the team, now we need a new chairman in as well to actually kick start our revival properly, otherwise IMO next season we will still not be good enough

He has retreated back into his shell in recent months when we have been getting lambasted left right and centre in the press.

We need strong leadership now, and if he's not up for it, then he should go now.

I really believe he is waiting for the right buyer to come along and that can only be good for the club. I'd rather that than he just sell on to some Romanovesque businessman with more money than sense.

As for his heart not being in it, I take your point Danny but again I'd rather have a half-assed DM than some other random who couldn't give a toss about the club. Better the devil you know and all that.

I really believe he is waiting for the right buyer to come along and that can only be good for the club. I'd rather that than he just sell on to some Romanovesque businessman with more money than sense.

As for his heart not being in it, I take your point Danny but again I'd rather have a half-assed DM than some other random who couldn't give a toss about the club. Better the devil you know and all that.

agreed

Who in their right mind would buy AND invest in any spl club?

Their is no return to be made for any business man. Tv rights are laughable compared to the days of the sky deal.

Players wages are going down and the quality of players coming in has fallen even faster so success in Europe will be even more difficult.

If he is not prepared to spend any money in his remaining 2 or 3 years then there is no point in him being here for that length of time.

Who in their right mind would buy AND invest in any spl club?

Their is no return to be made for any business man. Tv rights are laughable compared to the days of the sky deal.

Players wages are going down and the quality of players coming in has fallen even faster so success in Europe will be even more difficult.

eh a Rangers fan?