Another song warning from Rangers

Muff

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched the game and could hear fans singing about "the hills of County Down", "the Antrim Plain", "a loyal Ulsterman", "the Falls", "the Shankill", "the UVF", "Bobby Sands", "the YCV" and others.

Obviously none of the above deserves the deduction of points.

However, is it not time to sing about other themes?

and the same people singing them probably go on about ira anthems.

and the same people singing them probably go on about ira anthems.

I don't. They can sing what they want, but when I get told I can't sing what I want I will happily use their IRA anthems as an example of hypocrisy - that's not too much of a contradiction, is it?

This taig, fenian, snif sniff, name calling stops now. These comments are not welcome on the forum by members or staff. If you have a problem, them use the report button or contact a member of staff.

Grow up FFS. You've been warned!

I don't. They can sing what they want, but when I get told I can't sing what I want I will happily use their IRA anthems as an example of hypocrisy - that's not too much of a contradiction, is it?

well if you want to sing about the uvf but want the ira songs stopped i would say it is yes.

personaly i dont give a damn about either.

ideally as you say we would be allowed to sing what we want and them the same.

the only thing they do that annoys me is cheer a goal .

I watched the game and could hear fans singing about "the hills of County Down", "the Antrim Plain", "a loyal Ulsterman", "the Falls", "the Shankill", "the UVF", "Bobby Sands", "the YCV" and others.

Obviously none of the above deserves the deduction of points.

However, is it not time to sing about other themes?

Yes, you probably heard me and my mates, few thousand of them, go by the name of the Rangers supporters who sing songs for the love of their club, their country and are vocal in their loyalty.

You.. Arsehole, can start dishing out pathetic comments when your standing amongst us. We are the People.

so now we need to be irish to be a real rangers fan.

Nupe.

Real Rangers fans, however, stick together and don't cause divisions by siding with taigs and the media over some songs they really don't sing or enjoy themselfs, but don't have the balls to admit it.

No-one asks you to sing anything, what's wrong with being afforded the same respect back (the Billy Boys argument aside, as I can see both sides to that coin)

Nupe.

Real Rangers fans, however, stick together and don't cause divisions by siding with taigs and the media over some songs they really don't sing or enjoy themselfs, but don't have the balls to admit it.

No-one asks you to sing anything, what's wrong with being afforded the same respect back (the Billy Boys argument aside, as I can see both sides to that coin)

my only issues are with the billy boys and the famine song.

me not singing them definatly wont hurt the club i love.

and your wrong about rangers fans we have been a divided bunch for as long as i can remember. i can clearly remember fights in the west enclosure over issues like the ferguson and petric incident and others as well and i mean fist fights.

I know alot of Rangers Supporters, none of whom claim to be Irish, are you ignorant to the traditional and political make up of our fan base?

their was a thread on hear with alot of guys from ireland getting very pissy about people saying they werent irish.

i know one from dublin hes almost certainly irish.

Real Rangers fans dont decide who is or isn't a real Rangers fan

I don't think anyone is doing that.

Without sounding like some sort of super fan (there's nothing more cringeworthy)...

I didn't see the ones on here complaining about the songs ;

over in Turkey, spending £500 each, braving the cold and the hostile atmosphere to see Rangers slug out a 1-1 draw, get back Friday and up again the very next morning at 6am for a 3 hour bus journey in the cold to be lectured to by someone who has no right to slag off what I may or may not sing.

All some people are saying, is that they think that the sorts of lads I mentioned, have more of a right to sing a song about Ulster if it makes them happy and showing their own little way of supporting Rangers.

I think there's always been fans unhappy at the loyalist songs, but it's always been, and will continue to do so being a minority. It's just the modern inventions like chat rooms and forums give them a platform and turn them into a more vocal minority.

No-one is calling anyone less of a Rangers fan for not singing a song, it's when fans like to cause divisions by telling other Rangers fans not to, that the trouble starts and you actually start to question their motivation.

I don't think anyone is doing that.

Without sounding like some sort of super fan (there's nothing more cringeworthy)...

I didn't see the ones on here complaining about the songs ;

over in Turkey, spending £500 each, braving the cold and the hostile atmosphere to see Rangers slug out a 1-1 draw, get back Friday and up again the very next morning at 6am for a 3 hour bus journey in the cold to be lectured to by someone who has no right to slag off what I may or may not sing.

All some people are saying, is that they think that the sorts of lads I mentioned, have more of a right to sing a song about Ulster if it makes them happy and showing their own little way of supporting Rangers.

I think there's always been fans unhappy at the loyalist songs, but it's always been, and will continue to do so being a minority. It's just the modern inventions like chat rooms and forums give them a platform and turn them into a more vocal minority.

No-one is calling anyone less of a Rangers fan for not singing a song, it's when fans like to cause divisions by telling other Rangers fans not to, that the trouble starts and you actually start to question their motivation.

Correct mate and if people dont want to join in that is up to them. But they should not moan at the fans who do join in our songs.