Another song warning from Rangers

Muff

If we are pulled up for this i would hope the club would grow a set.

Can i ask why Hearts who no doubt sang tbb yesterday are not pulled up?

I heard it at the Newcastle game too.

What my problem is, is that apparently its not ok to sing about being up to your knees in fenian blood, however it is ok to sing about being up to your knees in a whole supports blood. So why is it just banter if you mention a team, yet if you mention fenians thats it the games a bogey? Dont give me the shite that fenian means kaflik we have been through this shite. I want to know why its acceptable to wish to be up to your knees in any team in the worlds blood but not fenians. That is a genuine point that nobody seems capable of answering

The TBB ruling was made by UEFA. It applies to Rangers fans and Rangers fans only. The tune is, I believe, "Marching Through Georgia". Hearts, Kilmarnock, and Manchester United fans (and others) sing to the same tune.

The UEFA ruling is that Rangers can't sing using any words, to the tune, Marching Through Georgia.

That was the ruling. I can't say Rangers, or the defenders of freedom of speech lost that battle. There was no battle.

To this day I'm astonished that no one took up the battle to have this reversed. Not Rangers, Rangers fans, politicians, or civil libertarians.

It looks like the powers in Scottish football might use this UEFA ruling.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The TBB ruling was made by UEFA. It applies to Rangers fans and Rangers fans only. The tune is, I believe, "Marching Through Georgia". Hearts, Kilmarnock, and Manchester United fans (and others) sing to the same tune.

The UEFA ruling is that Rangers can't sing using any words, to the tune, Marching Through Georgia.

That was the ruling. I can't say Rangers, or the defenders of freedom of speech lost that battle. There was no battle.

To this day I'm astonished that no one took up the battle to have this reversed. Not Rangers, Rangers fans, politicians, or civil libertarians.

It looks like the powers in Scottish football might use this UEFA ruling.

Source?

Castillian UEFA have made no such ruling. Could you please produce the documentation to show this! I know BP loves this ficticious document so many beleive exists but cant produce

BTW depending on who Hearts play its fenian blood :rolleyes:

There is no doubt that those on the darkside are spitting venom over how easy it's been for us to get 2 years Champions League money ... never underestimate a bitter tim they will stop at nothing when it comes to trying to destroy us!

This is the way it is. The scum are out to do as much damage as possible. I was told yesterday that they had asked to be allowed to view all spl delegates match reports. There is something going on and these bastards are out to do us.

Castillian UEFA have made no such ruling. Could you please produce the documentation to show this! I know BP loves this ficticious document so many beleive exists but cant produce

BTW depending on who Hearts play its fenian blood :rolleyes:

That was my understanding of the situation at the time. I'll be glad if no such situation exists. That would mean that we could belt out TBB to our hearts' content.

However:

RANGERS bosses last night warned fans not to belt out sectarian songs like The Billy Boys at tonight's crunch Euro tie.

Ibrox chief executive Martin Bain said the club faces severe punishment if they're sung at the Champions League match against Manchester United. UEFA officials will be closely monitoring fans at the Champions League tie.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/3243033/Hullo-hullo-we-bar-the-Billy-Boys.html#ixzz17uJLLnC5

Why would Rangers issue such a warning, if there was no ruling from UEFA? Leave this one with me. I'll do a bit of research.

That was my understanding of the situation at the time. I'll be glad if no such situation exists. That would mean that we could belt out TBB to our hearts' content.

However:

RANGERS bosses last night warned fans not to belt out sectarian songs like The Billy Boys at tonight's crunch Euro tie.

Ibrox chief executive Martin Bain said the club faces severe punishment if they're sung at the Champions League match against Manchester United. UEFA officials will be closely monitoring fans at the Champions League tie.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co...l#ixzz17uJLLnC5

Why would Rangers issue such a warning, if there was no ruling from UEFA? Leave this one with me. I'll do a bit of research.

I shall save you the hassle it is not banned by UEFA.

You can search for years there is nothing from UEFA saying the song is banned

See post 283.

(tu)

In answer to your question in that post, Rangers (i.e. Murray and possibly Bain) would like the fans to stop singing it. I dare say from what I've heard that our new head of security would be of a similar mind. They might well issue the warning based purely on that.

Yip but abslolutley nothing back from any of the 3 departments that i contacted (tu)

I complained at the time, and asked for an explanation. I got a standard reply, something like: "Thank you for taking an interest in UEFA."

I was responding to what I had read in papers, and on the Internet. I'll need to do a bit of investigating.

Again i will say why are we the only set of fans in the spotlight

Why are we the only ones issuing warnings

Why are we the only ones being reported

That lot are equally as bad but no one comments,no one reports them and their vile putrid club do not ask them to stop.

Until there is parity of esteem then the fans are quite right to continue until this comes to a head.

All treated equally or not at all.

I must admit I find this all a bit strange.

We've had over 5 years of this sectarianism nonsense and still our club appear to be the only one singled out for special treatment when it comes to the SPL's 'Unacceptable Conduct' rules.

Our club should be publicly asking this question as should our principle fan groups via statements and organised protest.

We've had over 5 years of this sectarianism nonsense and still our club appear to be the only one singled out for special treatment when it comes to the SPL's 'Unacceptable Conduct' rules.

Our club should be publicly asking this question as should our principle fan groups via statements and organised protest.

They should but they won't.

Murray is perfectly happy to see these songs disappear and has no intention of putting up any sort of fight to retain them.

I doubt the Aseembly will go down this route as they are far too close to the club

The RST...busted flush with no credibility among the rank and file.

It's websites like this and others i am afraid that are the ones entrusted with trying to seek clarity on these issues.

yes very much so.

Again i will say why are we the only set of fans in the spotlight

Why are we the only ones issuing warnings

Why are we the only ones being reported

That lot are equally as bad but no one comments,no one reports them and their vile putrid club do not ask them to stop.

Until there is parity of esteem then the fans are quite right to continue until this comes to a head.

All treated equally or not at all.

celtc have repeatedy wanred their fans about their conduct in this matter. most recently at their am.

They should but they won't.

Murray is perfectly happy to see these songs disappear and has no intention of putting up any sort of fight to retain them.

I doubt the Aseembly will go down this route as they are far too close to the club

The RST...busted flush with no credibility among the rank and file.

It's websites like this and others i am afraid that are the ones entrusted with trying to seek clarity on these issues.

I can remember the club making this point once or twice in the last year or two but they've not really laboured it enough when accompanying these kind of statements.

Our fan groups should be leading from the front in this issue - helped 'unofficially' by the club where required.

You've got hand it to Celtic who appear capable of this kind of thing. There's no love lost between the CSA, the CST and their singing sections but they communicate well; they reach out to other fans and they get stuff done in public - all tacitly backed by their club. Ours are nowhere to be seen.